Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West (41961 Views)

Gani Adams: Bandits, Kidnappers Have Relocated To Kwara, Kogi / NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi / Lagos, Kwara, Kogi Other States Get New Commissioners Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by duro4chang(m): 9:19am On Sep 27, 2020
Sammy07:
kwara has 12 speaking Yoruba Lga out of 16, why is 7(kwara south) only demanding theirs
The remaining lga are not ready. Leave them, they will soon understand.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by juman(m): 9:19am On Sep 27, 2020
Nigeria should return to parliamentary system of government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Brushstrokes20: 9:19am On Sep 27, 2020
Spot on! Enough of nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by loveth360(f): 9:20am On Sep 27, 2020
Onlinesmart:
Yes you're right but all we are saying is that your tiny 5 states should form bia-fraud and leave Delta, rivers, Benue out of your madness. Cape Verde Island would be bigger than your bia-fraud.
I don't have time for odudupigs.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by greall12(m): 9:21am On Sep 27, 2020
You are absolute right. I think it was created to avoid religious crisis.

Nchenches:

States that made the tribes interwoven were created by military fist - illegal creations so long the state creation were not done democratically.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Onepeople: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2020
MajohBankz:

Actually both moves are understandable but not the same. Those in kwara and kogi are almost left out of their main territory while the Igbos are all within the same geographical area.
So if the country is to be divided, they'd want to already belong with their brothers. Hence the need for them to be called west right away
I just said what I said based on the fact, if this move is coming from the igbo speaking Niger delta, benue and Kogi some of your brothers will start saying trash about the igbos ,anybody that love fairness and equity will have no choice but to agree with your views seriously. But you know the reverse is the case when it coming from the other tribe?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by obama30: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2020
Ctorch:

https://punchng.com/yoruba-in-kwara-kogi-demand-merger-with-south-west/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1O91x-YynwM2UxGZ1b7666OPNvp6r7XXImV9oYr719CCXlAt_voBuug4w#Echobox=1601099777

Sorry for Ikwere people that distance them self from being Igbo and still speak Igbo language. If I may ask who manuover their brains.

This is how a tribe behave not to distance your brother because you want to please a northerner.

If Ikwere people say they are not Igbo's, then who are they? We knew they are not Ijaws, neither they are Efik, Ibibion or karagbali.

This is are people who should have be claim to be northerners because they are already in north central by state, also if they claim to be north, the fulanis may give them appointment as their co-northern brother and use them against other Yoruba at West as they used and dump Ken sarowiwa.

But here they refuse to be use as they are using Ikwere people to sabotage their Igbo brothers. Instead they demand to join their other Yoruba to form strong unity.

Their request will be granted because the purpose they were add to North Central didn't work out for nigeria northern planners.

I wish Ikwere people will open their eyes one day to see that the north intentionally plan their quarell with their brothers.

I respect my Yoruba's brothers as their eyes open.

11 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by ahmEenu(m): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2020
Christmasdon:
I just found out that some people in the north are not even muslims, they just behave like the igbos with christians attribute like state like kogi, kwara, waoh, they speak other languages instead of hausa. omo tribes plenty for one-Nigeria o.
u just found out? are old are u?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Onlinesmart: 9:25am On Sep 27, 2020
loveth360:
I don't have time for odudupigs.
Biafrans are 5%. Mr president confirmed it and ratified by UN.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by compton11(m): 9:28am On Sep 27, 2020
ovie8200:
Benue and taraba needs to merge with South South and South East because they mostly Christian and they have nothing common with the core north Muslims.
how is that relates to religious matter?
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Ademoore07(m): 9:30am On Sep 27, 2020
MY TAKE: It would had been better if the yoruba speaking LGA in kwara share same boundary with their counterpart in kogi state. I will just approve them as a state if i were the president. But since the boundary is far apart, it wont be easy for the national assembly to oblige to their demand. By the way, how many LGA do we have in bayelsa state.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 27, 2020
obama30:

Sorry for Ikwere people that distance them self from being Igbo and still speak Igbo language. If I may ask who manuover their brains.

This is how a tribe behave not to distance your brother because you want to please a northerner.

If Ikwere people say they are not Igbo's, then who are they? We knew they are not Ijaws, neither they are Efik, Ibibion or karagbali.

This is are people who should have be claim to be northerners because they are already in north central by state, also if they claim to be north, the fulanis may give them appointment as their co-northern brother and use them against other Yoruba at West as they used and dump Ken sarowiwa.

But here they refuse to be use as they are using Ikwere people to sabotage their Igbo brothers. Instead they demand to join their other Yoruba to form strong unity.

Their request will be granted because the purpose they were add to North Central didn't work out for nigeria northern planners.

I wish Ikwere people will open their eyes one day to see that the north intentionally plan their quarell with their brothers.

All these you wrote are trash.

You don't force what you think down on them, they should decide as these guys are doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Kwara1stson: 9:31am On Sep 27, 2020
ovie8200:
Benue and taraba needs to merge with South South and South East because they mostly Christian and they have nothing common with the core north Muslims.
you want to grab thier land again

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by GEEBITE: 9:33am On Sep 27, 2020
Because of the Janus faced Ilorin people with 4 local govts that align with religion over ethnic affiliation,they will scuttle the plan if carried along. The Jebba people too for geographical reasons will be difficult to be incorporated. But let's see what happens to Ilorin people when Nigeria splits.River Niger is a natural boundary
Sammy07:
kwara has 12 speaking Yoruba Lga out of 16, why is 7(kwara south) only demanding theirs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by loveth360(f): 9:34am On Sep 27, 2020
Onlinesmart:
Biafrans are 5%. Mr president confirmed it and ratified by UN.
But we 97% are the ones enjoy his good Governance most,we even protested this monthgrin grin

We now buy fuel at 50 naira per litre,while 5% buy it at 200 nairagrin grin

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by ElValiente(m): 9:35am On Sep 27, 2020
Proudly Yagbans. Proudly Okuns.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 27, 2020
I smell secessionism. grin
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by King44(m): 9:38am On Sep 27, 2020
If no for identity confusion, you are a Youruba group and they are grouping you where you don't belong and you were silent all through .. In as much as it is a right course, I don't see this going anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Uchasa(m): 9:40am On Sep 27, 2020
Wonderful Move!!!
Yorubas should take up this golden opportunity to stop the divide and rule tatics of the north. Don't be like the Igbos that did not take Delta Igbos serious when they proposed an Anioma state comprising Igbo speaking parts of Delta down to Onitsha in Anambra,and now cry of having only 5 states.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by SeriouslySense(m): 9:42am On Sep 27, 2020
Nigeria is a bad place, and the sonner its divided, the better.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Onlinesmart: 9:44am On Sep 27, 2020
loveth360:
But we 97% are the ones enjoy his good Governance most,we even protested this monthgrin grin

We now buy fuel at 50 naira per litre,while 5% buy it at 200 nairagrin grin
Okoro I've got not your time. Swerve

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Chanchit: 9:44am On Sep 27, 2020
loveth360:
Kwara is gone for good,They are not joining any odudufraud.

Kwara remains fulanis territory.

Mumu, no be all thread concern you. Just like this one

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by greall12(m): 9:45am On Sep 27, 2020
I don’t think northerners will free then to join their brothers just because of their political interest
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by loveth360(f): 9:46am On Sep 27, 2020
Onlinesmart:
Okoro I've got not your time. Swerve
The thing pained a g oat.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by OmoManU: 9:47am On Sep 27, 2020
Sammy07:

That is actually where the real problem lies, out of the five local governments in Central, Moro and Asa are also core Yoruba speaking local governments who are also fighting to join their brothers in the south west but the three "also Yoruba speaking local governments of Ilorin" are the real problem mongers in the State who are lost with the problem of identity and unfortunately they had the most power and say

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Nhelvis: 9:47am On Sep 27, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

I was about pointing this out.

Of all the 16 LG, only Baruten, Edu, Kaiama and Patigi aren't Yoruba LG. As the post said, ONLY KWARA SOUTH made the proposal

Asa -Afon

Baruten -Kosubosu

Edu – Lafiagi

Ekiti – Ilofa

Ifelodun – Shaare

Ilorin East – Oke-Oyi

Ilorin South – Fufu

Ilorin West – Ilorin

Irepodun – Omu-Aran

Isin – Owu-Isin

Kaiama – Kaiama

Moro – Bode-Saadu

Oke Ero – Araromi-Opin

Offa – Offa

Oyun – Ilemona

Patigi – Patigi

Oke Ero - Ilofa
Ekit- Araromi-Opin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by MisterGrace: 9:48am On Sep 27, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Those ones are now fulani.

How do you know?

Stop being annoying.
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Uchasa(m): 9:49am On Sep 27, 2020
obama30:

What a hillarious post!!!

You need to understand the concept of ethnic politics before writing like a dementia patient.

During the 60's and 70's, Igbo speaking ethnic groups located in the Niger Delta were keen on still remaining with the Igbos of the hinterland(Isuama),even after the war,the likes of Obi Wali wanted Ikwerre to be part of the proposed Imo state,but the Igbos of the hinterland who are known to be very proud didn't take him serious,same with Delta Igbos,and now that we are the goose that lays the golden egg you want us to say we are Igbo and join the South East..You must be funny!..We are okay where we are,because we know your agendas,it's better we continue developing Port Harcourt and Ali Ikwerre in general than join South East to be used and dumped later..After all even in Iboland,there are fake and real Igbos,and we don't want to be part of such quagmire..We are Ikwerres...Proudly Iwuruonha

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by Rawhumper(m): 9:49am On Sep 27, 2020
FUNNY PEOPLE, I HOPE ITS BECAUSE OF THE ARGUMENT I HAD WITH ONE OF YOUR GUYS THAT MADE YOU TO DEMAND THAT.

A SLAVE IS ALWAYS A SLAVE.

LAI LAI, THE NORTH WILL NEVER SURRENDER THOSE STATES TO THE YORUBA AND GUESS WHAT THE YORUBA CAN NEVER ACHIEVE THAT ON THEIR OWN THIS I CAN BET!

quote author=Ctorch post=94353931]

https://punchng.com/yoruba-in-kwara-kogi-demand-merger-with-south-west/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1O91x-YynwM2UxGZ1b7666OPNvp6r7XXImV9oYr719CCXlAt_voBuug4w#Echobox=1601099777[/quote]
Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by daniwise(m): 9:50am On Sep 27, 2020
MrsRighteousness:
The true gospel is the message of good news about the coming Kingdom of God. It is a message of hope—for this entire world and for you and your family. It is the message that God is building a family that will soon rule the entire earth, bringing peace and happiness.

The established Christian churches have lost that true gospel message. Discern magazine and the Life, Hope & Truth website exist to continue the proclamation of the true gospel. Even though we are a minority voice in the world of religion, we are dedicated to teaching the same message that Jesus Christ taught.

We try to spread Jesus’ gospel message about the Kingdom of God as far and wide as possible. We want to help as many people as possible adopt Jesus’ message as the central focus of their lives. Seeking first the Kingdom of God can change your life in many way

Y don't u carve a niche for urself

1 Like

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by OmoManU: 9:51am On Sep 27, 2020
Sammy07:

there is no way ilorin can be left out.
there countless of villages and towns after ilorin.

e.g coming from Ogbomosho to ilorin, there are about 2 towns in between.

going from ilorin to north (Niger)
there are hundreds of yoruba towns

of course the Yoruba nation starts from immediately after the Niger bridge at Jebba no doubts about that, and at the end of the day even Ilorin will not have option than to do the needful, anybody that is conversant with Kwara will even know that even the immediate town after Ilorin Shao is seriously giving Ilorin a tough time and insisting they're Yoruba and not part of the Emirates

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West by OmoManU: 9:51am On Sep 27, 2020
huptin:
I am happy with this but if the Ilorin people prefer to join the north please leave them, they seem to be suffering from serious identity crisis.

yes now it is identity crisis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Drone Shots Of Senator Ademola Adeleke Campaign Train At Ilesha City(photos) / Femi Fani-kayode: 'Nigeria Will Break Into 2 Or More Pieces In The Next 5 Years / Dino Melaye Poses In His Sleek Phantom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.