Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager (3399 Views)

Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? / Petrol Station Manager Salary / Recruitment For Graduate Trainees (retail Station Manager) ENYO Retail & Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 6:58am On Sep 27, 2020
Good morning N'Landers
On 01-08-2020, i created a topic https://www.nairaland.com/6016609/how-much-petrol-station-manager
I started my new job as a manager in a filling station. It have not been easy for the past one month due to change of environment and being my first experience as well
I thank everyone who congratulated,advised and wish me all the best in my previous thread. May good things forever come your way,Amen.

I created this topic to attend to questions concerning the job,I have experienced much within this one month of work, I believe I will be helpful to someone here, because I got help here as well when I needed insights concerning my job

4 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by RedPanthar: 7:02am On Sep 27, 2020
I was on that thread. Thanks for creating this one and giving yourself willingly.

Quick Question : What should be the salary scale of a petrol station manager. Just the range don't mention the fixed amount

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 7:04am On Sep 27, 2020
RedPanthar:
I was on that three. Thanks for creating this one and giving yourself willingly.

Quick Question : What should be the salary scale of a petrol station manager. Just the range don't mention the fixed amount

30-100k

Depends on the company

2 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by RedPanthar: 7:07am On Sep 27, 2020
dosage150:

30-100k

Depends on the company

Not bad. Was thinking 100 - 150k range..

3 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 7:11am On Sep 27, 2020
RedPanthar:

Not bad. Was thinking 100 - 150k range..

Not really
It depends on size of the company, minimum to be paid as a manager is 30k

Inexperienced ones are paid lower and salary increases as you learn because, your MD wouldn't want you to steal him, feel bad or make a move

An experienced petrol station manager is a hot cake

2 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by RedPanthar: 7:13am On Sep 27, 2020
dosage150:

Not really
It depends on size of the company, minimum to be paid as a manager is 30k

Inexperienced ones are paid lower and salary increases as you learn because, your MD wouldn't want you to steal him, feel bad or make a move

An experienced petrol station manager is a hot cake

30k isn't good enough for a whole station manager, do you mean pump attendants would then be paid 15k?

4 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 7:16am On Sep 27, 2020
RedPanthar:

30k isn't good enough for a whole station manager, do you mean pump attendants would then be paid 15k?

Exactly
Even 10k
But they are on shift

Like now
Two persons walked into my station respectively to pull me to their station
And willing to pay triple of my salary

I declined
I don't need to rush things
Besides I have no issue with my boss
He really picked me inexperienced

Just be patient
Connections and LEGITIMATE side money dey oil business

3 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by RedPanthar: 7:23am On Sep 27, 2020
dosage150:

Exactly
Even 10k
But they are on shift

Like now
Two persons walked into my station respectively to pull me to their station
And willing to pay triple of my salary

I declined
I don't need to rush things
Besides I have no issue with my boss
He really picked me inexperienced

Just be patient
Connections and LEGITIMATE side money dey oil business

I agree with patience and build connections and plenty of opportunities to receive side monies but then they teach people to be corrupt. How dare they pay fuel attendants 10k. I will make sure I take this up by writing a bill to the house of assembly. The risk to their lives, standing day to night, inhaling fuel fumes. Humans can be greedy and wicked

No worker in any fuel involved organization should earn less than 50k

10 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 7:25am On Sep 27, 2020
RedPanthar:

I agree with patience and build connections and plenty of opportunities to receive side monies but then they teach people to be corrupt. How dare they pay fuel attendants 10k. I will make sure I take this up by writing a bill to the house of assembly. The risk to their lives, standing day to night, inhaling fuel fumes. Humans can be greedy and wicked

No worker in any fuel involved organization should earn less than 50k

Smiles, I will be glad if you do
I feel for my workers too

Highest to pay an attendant is 18-20k in NIGERIA

The reason why they steal and involve in other fraudulent activities

You dare not try such with me
Because if there's shortage of money, I the manager will pay
You got the job offer and OK with the pay, so u have to discharge your duty with every honesty and diligence

3 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by RedPanthar: 7:30am On Sep 27, 2020
dosage150:

Smiles, I will be glad if you do
I feel for my workers too

Highest to pay an attendant is 18-20k in NIGERIA

The reason why they steal and involve in other fraudulent activities

You dare not try such with me
Because if there's shortage of money, I the manager will pay
You got the job offer and OK with the pay, so u have to discharge your duty with every honesty and diligence

Easy to say. You couldn't possibly track their activities. I knew a girl that worked in a fuel station and was doing 3k daily thrift. And they weren't doing 50 Naira per galloon o. Till tomorrow, I've still not figured out how she was doing it. Though she's always at the station from dusk to dawn

4 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 7:38am On Sep 27, 2020
RedPanthar:

Easy to say. You couldn't possibly track their activities. I knew a girl that worked in a fuel station and was doing 3k daily thrift. And they weren't doing 50 Naira per galloon o. Till tomorrow, I've still not figured out how she was doing it. Though she's always at the station from dusk to dawn

Smiles
The station manager may allow them to handle pump keys
Or allow them to copy their meters sold in a day themselves

Once I work your meter and you have excess
I will give you the balance
Any day you have shortage, you have to pay for it too

Highest excess any pump attendant recorded since my work is #150

Except someone gave her tip at the pump
Is none of my business

An experienced manager should also know the readinga and mechanism of his pumps

The lady in question lack a good manager in the company

If an auditor should come there, they will record millions of debts

2 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by RedPanthar: 7:40am On Sep 27, 2020
dosage150:

Smiles

Is none of my business

But daily steady contribution isn't child's play o

2 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 7:45am On Sep 27, 2020
RedPanthar:

But daily steady contribution isn't child's play o

Yea
Last night the excess I had was just #10, I gave it to her

Though there are questionable "excess"

If you sales in a day excceds #200
I will have to check the meter workigs well and check my pump the next day ........

Some managers team up with the pump attendants to steal
End of the day they share the money

Eg
The MD instructed petrol to be sold at the rate of #160
He will set pumps to #165

At the end of the day
He will subtract #5 from all liters sold
And give the pump attendant her or his share ,Lol

2 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by RedPanthar: 7:50am On Sep 27, 2020
dosage150:

Yea
Last night the excess I had was just #10, I gave it to her

Though there are questionable "excess"

If you sales in a day excceds #200
I will have to check the meter workigs well and check my pump the next day ........

Some managers team up with the pump attendants to steal
End of the day they share the money

Eg
The MD instructed petrol to be sold at the rate of #160
He will set pumps to #165

At the end of the day
He will subtract #5 from all liters sold
And give the pump attendant her or his share ,Lol

I see. But then available funds can be used for quick side businesses by managers grin

3 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by candyguyofficia(m): 7:53am On Sep 27, 2020
I was at the previous thread at the time you created it, nice to have you back.
What is the daily routine of a SM like? i.e the key things to ensure effiency

2 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 7:57am On Sep 27, 2020
RedPanthar:

I see. But then available funds can be used for quick side businesses by managers grin

grin such money doesn't last, there's nothing like peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 8:00am On Sep 27, 2020
candyguyofficia:
I was at the previous thread at the time you created it, nice to have you back.
What is the daily routine of a SM like? i.e the key things to ensure effiency

Ensure the stations opens on time

Ensure everywhere is neat even the pumps

Check sales books and other account books handled by the cashier

Check the quantity of products you have I your station

And make sure the generator is in good condition

2 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by RedPanthar: 8:01am On Sep 27, 2020
dosage150:

grin such money doesn't last, there's nothing like peace of mind

I love your discipline and ethics. Maybe when my establishment needs the stage of getting a manager, I should come to you for recommendations

3 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by olorunyomi13773: 8:08am On Sep 27, 2020
:I see. But then availability funds can be used for hurry flank business by management etc funds doesn't last, there's Anything like peaceful of thinking

1 Like

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by seanwilliam(m): 9:32am On Sep 27, 2020
Your responsibility is to make sure there is sales and balancing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 11:24am On Sep 27, 2020
RedPanthar:

I love your discipline and ethics. Maybe when my establishment needs the stage of getting a manager, I should come to you for recommendations
Thanks,it will be an honour to serve you in that perspective, you won't regret getting in touch with me
Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 11:30am On Sep 27, 2020
seanwilliam:
Your responsibility is to make sure there is sales and balancing cheesy

Exactly,
Then thinking of other ways to generate money outside the station

I met hotels,churches and hospitals we supply diesel to them now
Thereby making triple of normal daily sales

If the station doesn't sell sealed oil
You can initiate that

Most importantly,keeping the environment neat
It attracts customers
Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by RedPanthar: 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
dosage150:

Thanks,it will be an honour to serve you in that perspective, you won't regret getting in touch with me

Very good. I'm setting up three establishments. When the time hits, I'll get across to you

2 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
RedPanthar:

Very good. I'm setting up three establishments. When the time hits, I'll get across to you

Alright
Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by Martins004(m): 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
I am an experienced station manager, you can hire me 0706 973 6261

1 Like

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by mattmogan88: 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2021
Hello dosage150, I really need your assistant, please can we chat on WhatsApp, 08169717872

2 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by bigtimemugu(m): 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2021
I have overflowing experience on station management, was a pump attendant for 2years, before i got admission to study chemical eng. Did my IT with PPMC and come back after NYSC to join same station as a manager for another two years, all the do and dont is with me , underground calibration chart, upper haulage tricks, pms density test and flash point test for AGO, blue gas, depot gas and refinery gas identification, use engine oil and kerosene to produce gas in scarcity ara, pump adjustment, and pump manipulations, underground shortage calculation and excess optimixation, regulatory body wahala , DPR, fire service and co, tanker calibration in compatment with drivers atitude , ETC. It an overflowing experience i cant mention them all, if have or knw a standard station that can pay for a good service here is my number 07066917803 you can email me on chuksbright61@gmail.com lagos state only

2 Likes

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by MrHighSea: 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2021
bigtimemugu:
I have overflowing experience on station management, was a pump attendant for 2years, before i got admission to study chemical eng. Did my IT with PPMC and come back after NYSC to join same station as a manager for another two years, all the do and dont is with me , underground calibration chart, upper haulage tricks, pms density test and flash point test for AGO, blue gas, depot gas and refinery gas identification, use engine oil and kerosene to produce gas in scarcity ara, pump adjustment, and pump manipulations, underground shortage calculation and excess optimixation, regulatory body wahala , DPR, fire service and co, tanker calibration in compatment with drivers atitude , ETC. It an overflowing experience i cant mention them all, if have or knw a standard station that can pay for a good service here is my number 07066917803 you can email me on chuksbright61@gmail.com lagos state only
God.
You shouldn't be looking for job.
see country.
Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by Leezah(f): 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2021
RedPanthar:

Lol! Nigerians, they must make side business from the business that employ them.
Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by Leezah(f): 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2021
dosage150:

Smiles

Is none of my business

For her to be there from dusk to Dawn showed there was something going on that the manager is aware but turned a blind eye to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by RedPanthar: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2021
Leezah:
Lol! Nigerians, they must make side business from the business that employ them.

o wink
Re: Resposibilities Of A Petrol Station Manager by dosage150(m): 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2021
Leezah:
For her to be there from dusk to Dawn showed there was something going on that the manager is aware but turned a blind eye to it.
Exactly

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Resumes That Got Worldwide Attention / 8 Nigerians Who Prove It’s Never Too Late / Are You Tired Of Staying At Home After Graduating Or Loss Of Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.