Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence (25636 Views)

Tinubu Reacts To Osinbajo Performance At VP Debate, Blast PDP / PDP Governors React To Peter Obi's Performance At VP Debate And Proud Of Him / Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi's Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by TheRareGem1(f): 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2020
The House of Representatives Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila met with the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo where he had a fruitful discussion towards averting tomorrow's strike by the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC

The speaker already had a meeting with the leadership of NLC.

https://twitter.com/femigbaja/status/1310239705917730823?s=19

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by slivertongue: 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2020
ok. the labour leaders will collect their own palliative and suspend the strike yeye people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Jones4190(m): 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
I think the Vice president, secretary to the state government and speaker of the house together with the Senate president should joing the protests tomorrow.

Are they not nigeria labourers?

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by janedonez(m): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
Deadlock, but this vp na correct Nigg*a. See nice casual

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by inoki247: 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
We know say Labour just dey bluff ni we go check livescore by 12 midnight

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by emeijeh(m): 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
Stupid, useless government with NO GOOD THING OR ACHIEVEMENT ATTACHED TO ITS NAME

We hope for a better government from 2023, as this cluelessness has gotten to its peak..... Its in them

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Xcelinteriors(f): 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
God take control

I have beautiful and quality 3D wallpaper for 3000 per roll only. Check for pictures
https://www.nairaland.com/6145361/new-arrival-beautiful-3d-wallpaper

1 Like

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by dalass(f): 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
grin

Government is jittery that the whole of its citizenry is trying to rise up against their tyrannical rule after so many years if lies and constant astronomical hikes in prices of basic things like food, fuel, energy, VAT, tax etc....

They should be.. If NLC goes contrary, they're done for... No one will follow them again

27 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Calabar1stSon: 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
Continue meeting... Lubbish

Why not protest that they(bad leaders) resign instead of always wasting your energy protesting against bad policies because a bad leader will always promulgate bad policies! Lubbish!

Las Las brown envelop go exchange hands! Lubbish!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by AJCs(m): 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
Don't we have Minister of Petroleum around?

2 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Chicastle: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
Ok, so where is the fruitful?
Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
A diplomatic, intelligent and democratic leader we have in the Person of Professor Yemi Osibanjo.

God bless the Presidency

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by LeeSantos(m): 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
arite Na.
as there being any useful protest since the emergence of this govt.?

we will do the normal suffering n smiling, Na today?
Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Rorbin: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hope so
Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by helinues: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
My able Vp

1 Like

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by caniva(m): 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Let's go on strike as this suffering is getting worrisome.

Afterall, we just came back from COVID-19 holiday which we never prepared for and we didn't die.

It's high time we curb their bullshits and spit on their selfish policies for good.

We know quite well that by the time the strike would be called-off, at lease few nairas will be taken off the electricity tariff and fuel pump price.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by wonder233: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
They should sort the NLC and TUC leadership.
It's not nice that the NLC president should be given more money than that of TUC. It's an insult on the collective intelligence of Nigerians that the TUC president is offered same money as the NANS president, who is a mere student.
It's high time we stood up to these injustices and discriminations. All union leaders deserve equal bribes.

15 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Teewhy2: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Most of this people don't use their money to buy fuel or pay electricity bill not to talk of DSTV subscription before they will know the impact this week increase have on average citizens.Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is lightweight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/14

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by deboysben(m): 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Strike will be called off today after money must have change hand.

I declare 600years... to our compromised NLC.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2020

The House of Representatives Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila met with the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo where he had a fruitful discussion towards averting tomorrow's strike by the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC

God bless you his excellency, Professor Yemi Osinbajo.
God bless Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila..
God bless President Mohammadu Buhari.

You keep proving haters wrong. Nothing for them to even wail on...

I have received so many mentions from them attacking my person. But like Buhari, I'll turn the other cheek. I will not even report them..

To the mods.. Please don't ban any member for my sake. I have forgiven them already - even their future insults. I have already forgiven in advance.

My only prayer is that, sooner or later, they will realize all the sacrifices made by President Buhari and his salvation crew..

God bless President Buhari.
God bless Professor Osinbajo.
God bless Nigerians.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by IYANGBALI: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44 and dominique are we coming to work on nairaland tomorrow or we joining them for the strike? Please answer me o, because I don’t want to waste my time trekking from my house to nairaland for nothing tomorrow

5 Likes

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by mattmogan88: 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD
Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Spaxon(f): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
This Government is a joke
Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by miketayo(m): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
its funny how the Speaker of the House of Rep has mouth than NASS

1 Like

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Richie6(m): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
What about the president?

Is he not the one that initiated the increment in petrol and electricity bill?

The is the opportunity to take back our country and all this last meetings will not change anything.

Labour should not compromise oh.

1 Like

Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Jackipapa: 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
Where are the fruits, so far it is full of fruits.
Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by ademasta(m): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
undecided
Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Abusadiq01(m): 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
I just dey Observe
Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by Elvictor: 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
am yet to see anything special in this news
Re: Labour Strike: Presidency, NASS Meet At VP's Residence by IYANGBALI: 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
No retreat no surrender. On June 12 we stand!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Group Gives Eze Ndigbo 7 Days To Leave Calabar / Throwback Photos:General Buhari And His Family At Young Age / Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.