Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) (111989 Views)

Expanded Polystyrene And Some Of Its Application / Expanded Poly-Styrene As Alternative Building Material (parapet, POP, Etc) / ALTERNATIVE BUILDING TECHNOLOGY (RED INTERLOCKING BRICKS) COMPARATIVE COST ANALY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
saydfact:

nice one Teewhy2 - hope we'll get to see the completed works also......

We had similar use for polystyrene at a building in Ogun State where the gallery was to be filled with same material to reduce weight as the structural engineer didn't design for that weight in mass concrete...

well done.

Good to know, you use it for a project in ogun state, next time please contact us to do the supply. Definitely we will pepper our eyes with more pictures for the complete work for all to see.
Thanks sir.
Appreciate.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by saydfact(m): 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
Teewhy2:

Good to know, you use it for a project in ogun state, next time please contact us to do the supply. Definitely we will pepper our eyes with more pictures for the complete work for all to see.
Thanks sir.
Appreciate.

we're yet to get financial approval for the work - offcourse you're 1st in our mind ... lol grin grin grin
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
saydfact:

we're yet to get financial approval for the work - offcourse you're 1st in our mind ... lol grin grin grin

drums rolling for the baba wey sabi.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2019
As promised yesterday see below more pictures from the installation. credit to our client who sent us the pictures.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:47am On Oct 24, 2019
The pictures are still coming, guess your eyes no to pepper you na.

@ saydfact as requested we are here.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Muyi002(m): 7:41am On Oct 27, 2019
Hi All,
Please anyone to assist with the sizes of iron in the picture below as it relates to the arrow colours. Also what is correct spacing between them.

I want to do a rough estimate of what I may likely require for concrete parapet.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by saydfact(m): 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
Muyi002:
Hi All,
Please anyone to assist with the sizes of iron in the picture below as it relates to the arrow colours. Also what is correct spacing between them.

I want to do a rough estimate of what I may likely require for concrete parapet.

Many thanks.

Hi... The irons are about 750mm long and in this particular pics, the spacing is about 450mm apart.

Size of iron can be 10mm or 12mm.

Good luck
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Muyi002(m): 5:40am On Oct 28, 2019
saydfact:

Hi... The irons are about 750mm long and in this particular pics, the spacing is about 450mm apart.

Good luck

Baba Saydfact,

You are a blessing.

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2019
saydfact:

Good luck

Nice one sir, thanks.
just to add something the size (eaves) of the parapet is likely to affect the length of the 750 mm, it might be longer or shorter depending on roof eaves.
@ Muyi002 take note.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
Do you have a Bean bag you need to fill up, we got you covered and can supply to you in Polystyrene Beads (EPS granules) no matter any where you are in Nigeria.
Poly beads are also used in concrete casting.
attached is some poly beads recently supplied.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
Delivery to client in Transit
Abuja-----Lagos-Ibadan Xpress-----Lagos Mainland.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Atlanticfire: 8:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
Do you have expandable polystyrene beads that you can sell to me?

Buying the expanded one will lead to high transport cost. I need it in Delta state
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
Atlanticfire:
Do you have expandable polystyrene beads that you can sell to me?

Buying the expanded one will lead to high transport cost. I need it in Delta state

Good day sir,
Sorry for the late response, what we have is between 3-6 mm size, depending on what you need.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 11:58am On Dec 25, 2019
The journey of Life is with many twists & turns but with faith & courage No obstacle can stop you from reaching your goals keep faith peace & kindness in your heart & you shall always shine. May this Christmas end the present year on a cheerful note and make way for a fresh and bright new year. Here's wishing you a MERRY CHRISTMAS
From Fruges Arena Ltd

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 11:00am On Jan 02, 2020
Happy new year to all our customers and well wishers.
we are opened to serve you better this new year for your panels, poly beads, parapet and anything related to polystyrene.
keep the orders coming.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by tikristinimi21: 9:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
Please can this material be used for as alternative for POP?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by tikristinimi21: 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2020
Teewhy2:

drums rolling for the baba wey sabi.

Baba you have not answered my question above.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
tikristinimi21:

Baba you have not answered my question above.
sir,
am sorry for just responding, it is used for ceiling, you can use either 30,40 or 5 mm thickness for ceilings.
below are some pictures.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by tikristinimi21: 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
Teewhy2:

sir,
am sorry for just responding, it is used for ceiling, you can use either 30,40 or 5 mm thickness for ceilings.
below are some pictures.

Pls can I have your contact details. I will like to discuss with you on this.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Muyi002(m): 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2020
Teewhy2:

sir,
below are some pictures.
Please are these pop or polystering.

How much per sqm
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by tikristinimi21: 9:35am On Jan 23, 2020
Teewhy2:

sir,
below are some pictures.

Oga Teewhy2, you have not responded to my mail o
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2020
tikristinimi21:

Oga Teewhy2, you have not responded to my mail o

Sorry sir, I have responded to the mail.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2020
Muyi002:

Please are these pop or polystering.

How much per sqm

sir,
They are made with polystyrene panels.
The cost depends on the panel thickness and designs also affects it.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Hclinton: 5:35am On Feb 11, 2020
What's the cost if I want to use polystyrene for parapet?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hclinton:
What's the cost if I want to use polystyrene for parapet?

Sir,
It depends on your building size and the polystyrene parapet size you choose to use.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 11:13am On Feb 24, 2020
Is been a while and we decide to add some pictures of a job to brighten your day.

we got a client who has started roofing the house and decides to add parapet to the building but was also considering weight as the place is water logged and weight of parapet wasn't factored in the initial design.

Pic 01 and 02: Building before commencement of job.

Pic 03 : Materials on site

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2020
Some of the work in progress,
please don't mind the quality of the pictures, it is due to available phone camera as at that period.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:06pm On Mar 02, 2020
It has been amazing serving you all through last month. We love to go forward on this relationship in this new month and we know we can count on you for your support and patronage. Wish you a happy and fulfilling new month.
Fruges Arena Ltd
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by doffman: 7:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
Teewhy2:
It has been amazing serving you all through last month. We love to go forward on this relationship in this new month and we know we can count on you for your support and patronage. Wish you a happy and fulfilling new month.
Fruges Arena Ltd
. Mail me on doffhat@gmail.com . I will need your service.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
doffman:
. Mail me on doffhat@gmail.com . I will need your service.
Sent sir, expecting your mail.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Email2bj: 7:28pm On Apr 03, 2020
hello sir kindly give the total cost and installation of 60 linear meter of parapet. You can send to mailbarjar@gmail.com. Please include your phone contact for easy communication. Thanks in advance...
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 12:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
Email2bj:
hello sir kindly give the total cost and installation of 60 linear meter of parapet. You can send to mailbarjar@gmail.com. Please include your phone contact for easy communication. Thanks in advance...

Sir,
Mail received and responded to thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply)

Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.