Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs (34183 Views)

Labour Accepts Deregulation As Govt Halts Hike Electricity Tariffs / Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba / FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by JaneYave(f): 3:04am On Sep 28, 2020
We hear,NLC address the public,lets know your stand now.

1 Like

Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Stan2330(m): 3:07am On Sep 28, 2020
A meeting between labour union and FG that the president is absent. Is that one a meeting?
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by anonimi: 4:41am On Sep 28, 2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by anonimi: 4:48am On Sep 28, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by solsticey2k3(m): 4:50am On Sep 28, 2020
Then why all the noise, if you’re still going to give in. Smh, the roots of corruption can extend anywhere and everywhere
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by slimjosh231(m): 5:00am On Sep 28, 2020
Accepts bribe rather.
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by SmartPolician: 5:05am On Sep 28, 2020
osamz007:
CORRUPT FOOLS

THEY CAN'T STAND THEIR GROUND

You need to understand how important it is for them to remove the subsidy in petroleum.

This is the same thing that Jonathan wanted to do many years ago but these senseless idiots in power now stopped him with Ojota protests.

I just hope that Buhari wouldn't tell us that he still pays subsidy in 2 years' time.

These things in APC-led government are pathological liars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by ican2020: 5:16am On Sep 28, 2020
smiley
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Ishilove: 5:21am On Sep 28, 2020
At least one good thing came out of Nazareth
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Fcwilly: 5:24am On Sep 28, 2020
Too bad , Ayouba Waba have done what he knew how to do best, "brawn envelope strike" just the same thing he uses to do when he was the head joint health workers Union ( JOHESU ) and head of picketing unit of NLC then. A man in love with brawn envelope, he was not ready for this before if not TUC and other pressure groups that pull him out, Now see the outcome. Ayuba Waba and paschal Bafyau are the same. Disappointment.

1 Like

Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by judgementyard(m): 5:25am On Sep 28, 2020
2023 is around the corner.Let me see if we have sense.
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by ikorodureporta: 5:29am On Sep 28, 2020
Dis scanners just dey mess with our intelligence. How NEPA no go take serve us high bill next month now??
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by rashcity: 5:36am On Sep 28, 2020
Since the increase of electricity tariff we can boasts of 11-12 hours light now,as against 3 hours we used to get.I don't know the rational behind the plan strike because I save more now since am not buy fuel everyday again.let's hope some of this hard policies will help the country.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:40am On Sep 28, 2020
tobechi74:
Is strike still holding
Yes. It will only hold in October 1. That's the only day it will hold cheesy
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by cyrilamx(m): 5:56am On Sep 28, 2020
money1000:

You talk like a kid, please get something doing it will help you.
Have u commented on the Intel scam perpetrated by PDP and which Atiku benefitted immensely from or the sale of discos which can't be reversed despite their incompetence else the govt pays $8B ? Or the P$ID scam or the Abuja CCTV camera scam running into $470M? Tell if all these scams by PDP govt can't destroy a country, what else? The previous admin literally signed Nigeria into a lots of debts due to greed and its ripple effects we are bearing now
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by bluefilm: 6:22am On Sep 28, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Wetin una want, this children? Them say strike wan happen, una attack Buhari. Now Buhari dun negotiate with them to avoid the strike, una still dey attack am.

Wetin exactly una want? cheesy

Don't mind them

They just like to wail.

I bet some of them didn't even read before jumping in to comment, or they read but they couldn't understand shit on what the topic is all about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by nnamdi640: 6:29am On Sep 28, 2020
That one will not stop power holding company from not given us crazy bills all in the name of estimated bills.
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Jbleenk: 6:30am On Sep 28, 2020
Them say dem vex dem no eat. So the food go spoil ha na wa o for this hard times nai food go spoil?
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by sayemma: 6:34am On Sep 28, 2020
Strike holds and we match with labour.

Government propaganda will fail, it is not festus kiyamu that call the strike....

The last update by labour...

The Organised Labour in Lagos State has said all sectors would be shut from Monday.

He said airports, banks, and offices would not be allowed to function.

Deputy Vice President, Nigeria Labour Congress, Amaechi Asogwuni, spoke at a news conference on Sunday.

“No airport will be in operation in Nigeria; banks are not expected to function, so no business owners should risk himself, for Nigerian workers have taken that decision”, NAN quoted him as saying.

“We are the workers and we are withdrawing our services; we have the right to do so because protests are our constitutional right. And I believe we will enforce it; schools shall remain closed until this action ends.”

The labour leader appealed to Nigerians to join the protest.

He reminded them that it was part of their quota to democracy.

On the increase in petrol price, Asogwuni said the federal government should have engaged the organised labour and other stakeholders.

“The government did not do that at a time it ought to; it failed in its duty to engage labour before time. On the issue of electricity, the government had earlier had an interaction with labour in Kano and we discouraged it from proceeding.”
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by nnamdi640: 6:35am On Sep 28, 2020
anonimi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6357739_img20171202120050_jpeg6ecfd3f82fd9c8a51481d8dcf4a16a70
My brother those people should be added as number 10 wonders of the world. They called them zombies and they are acting perfectly like the real zombies........

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by daddytime(m): 6:48am On Sep 28, 2020
How do they intend to make this even workable?

Before they readjust their new prices and all the bureaucracies involved, won't the two weeks have elapsed?

We all know this is almost impossible.
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by ejimatic: 6:49am On Sep 28, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/labour-accepts-deregulation-as-govt-halts-hike-electricity-tariffs/

. Summary : 1 deregulation accepted, so fuel increase accepted. 2 Tariff will be decreased. Nigerian masses are in trouble
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by olak3: 7:05am On Sep 28, 2020
mbaise1000:
I didn't see any change if the price of petrol still remains 145 naira, are they really telling us that all these noise they have being making all these days is 15 or 20 naira noise?

don't you know that the 15 or 20 naira runs into billions when paying as subsidy. The marketers also inflate the number of fuel brought and claim subsidy on them, apart from this, people also smuggle the fuel of which subsidy has been paid to neighboring countries and sell it at high price.
The best options is to deregulate the sector.
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Golan007: 7:08am On Sep 28, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Wetin una want, this children? Them say strike wan happen, una attack Buhari. Now Buhari dun negotiate with them to avoid the strike, una still dey attack am.

They want anarchy.

They need the place to burn down so everyone would be like them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:17am On Sep 28, 2020
SilverNorGold:

You no wan show me the way na. No wahala. undecided
New recruit how far?
How much is your starting pay
I have a friend who is interested

1 Like

Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Godkillbuhari(m): 7:26am On Sep 28, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Na this trend dem go see you and that dead meat seller .. Millibbqq.. we no gree see una comment when our securities operatives were killed few days back .... Na Ogun go kill you , kill Buhari and your generations to come ..... quote me and die like ABBA KYARI
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by TrustGo: 7:28am On Sep 28, 2020
Thank God I wasn't expecting much, na so I for wake up dey rush go office
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by star2008(m): 7:30am On Sep 28, 2020
Since Waba took over, labour to me has not been serious.They are bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by od501: 7:34am On Sep 28, 2020
mbaise1000:
I didn't see any change if the price of petrol still remains 145 naira, are they really telling us that all these noise they have being making all these days is 15 or 20 naira noise?

How do you want your slap? Tea or Coffee?!
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by od501: 7:39am On Sep 28, 2020
Fcwilly:
Too bad , Ayouba Waba have done what he knew how to do best, "brawn envelope strike" just the same thing he uses to do when he was the head joint health workers Union ( JOHESU ) and head of picketing unit of NLC then. A man in love with brawn envelope, he was not ready for this before if not TUC and other pressure groups that pull him out, Now see the outcome. Ayuba Waba and paschal Bafyau are the same. Disappointment.

Did you read the news at all?! Cos I doubt you did.
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Stallione(m): 7:47am On Sep 28, 2020
I never trusted labour anyway,its no news for me cos i felt it that they will suspend strike in the early hours of monday.they think they are fooling us,we sabi the whole game shaa.Ndi ala Ndi ala everywere!!!
Re: Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs by OlawaleBammie: 7:50am On Sep 28, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Left for me, if the petrol pump price is not N87 and electric tarrifs reverted, this strike will be the deadliest ooooooo

The strike will also commence until the agreement is a done deal

Cause this government cannot be trusted

Making promises no hard na to keep them be the koko

While you're at it they might get a court injunction and prevent any strike!!!

Wait!!!

sheybi u re also zombie?, then why the sudden turnaround??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria / Ned Nwoko Raises Alarm Over "Plot To Assassinate Him"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.