Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement (56554 Views)

JOHESU Suspends Strike For 21 Days After Meeting Tinubu / Minimum Wage: Labour Suspends Planned Strike As Talks Continue Today / NLC: Labour Suspends Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by zoedew: 5:31am On Sep 28, 2020
Needless grammar. FG just got away with it!
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by opeyemi233: 5:33am On Sep 28, 2020
I see this coming NLC only here to use naija make money, SORRY to this country called nigeria
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by ikorodureporta: 5:33am On Sep 28, 2020
All of una dey mad..

scanners just dey mess with our intelligence. How NEPA no go take serve us high bill next month now??

1 Like

Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by Ahmeduana(m): 5:43am On Sep 28, 2020
For the fact that lai Muhammed and Sylva are among government representatives that sign the agreement shows that the agreement worth nothing, and they made another SUCKER out of the labour union again.

1 Like

Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by Artisappng: 5:53am On Sep 28, 2020
I just knew it was going to be suspended.

Advertise your skills joor
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by writeprof(m): 5:54am On Sep 28, 2020
Before nko? This NLC nor dey disappoint!
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by Seniorwriter(m): 5:56am On Sep 28, 2020
Blankstare:
A Cigarette smoker without money can leave
his house with faith that when He gets to
the joint his friends will buy for him and for
sure even without begging, his friends will
say guy take one stick. That's Love.
A guy who loves beer without money can
leave his house to a beer parlour with faith
that his gang members will buy for him and
for sure even without asking, his friends will
say guy take one bottle. That's love.
But can a hungry/jobless person leave his
house to a religious organisation with faith
that someone will give him money to come
and eat
Where is the love that we preach everyday?
Have you bothered to ask a member of your
church.religious organisations how life is
treating them? People go through a lot and
only few will voice out.
Someone will sow 1million naira seed in a
religious gathering but beg him for 1k out
side he will say no money.
This is why it's easy for the devil to confuse
young minds to join bad gang because they
even show love more than most people that
preach love.
We the religious people really have to step
up and start practising this love that we
preach. I hope that I am communicating?

@BlankStare this is a common BlankFact predominant in Africa especially Nigeria been a country with so many religious people that hardly practice what is embedded in their religious tenents.

Nice one you've put afore....Remain Blessed and wisdom filled.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by ajimo54(m): 5:58am On Sep 28, 2020
sinkhole:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/202

0/09/breaking-labour-suspends-strike-2/amp/

Ayuba is the weakest NLC president ever elected! Why should government not reverse with immediate effect the hike in fuel price and electricity tariff b4 u make a U-turn? I bought power 2000 naira worth of power yesterday and I was given just 40 units! Pls, how much is my salary? I cant buy full tank again! Haba Ayuba Wabba!
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 28, 2020
with nigeria It is finished!
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by NofiuFade(m): 6:01am On Sep 28, 2020
NLC, TUC that's are just other arms of APC party since 2012 till date, who is fooling who ? As if average Nigerins will learn from all this calamities, let another election come you will see them chanting ,sai baba ,sai APC up nd Dan grin it is well
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by Sagefromtheeast: 6:05am On Sep 28, 2020
Blankstare:
A Cigarette smoker without money can leave
his house with faith that when He gets to
the joint his friends will buy for him and for
sure even without begging, his friends will
say guy take one stick. That's Love.
A guy who loves beer without money can
leave his house to a beer parlour with faith
that his gang members will buy for him and
for sure even without asking, his friends will
say guy take one bottle. That's love.
But can a hungry/jobless person leave his
house to a religious organisation with faith
that someone will give him money to come
and eat
Where is the love that we preach everyday?
Have you bothered to ask a member of your
church.religious organisations how life is
treating them? People go through a lot and
only few will voice out.
Someone will sow 1million naira seed in a
religious gathering but beg him for 1k out
side he will say no money.
This is why it's easy for the devil to confuse
young minds to join bad gang because they
even show love more than most people that
preach love.
We the religious people really have to step
up and start practising this love that we
preach. I hope that I am communicating?

Loud and clear!

2 Likes

Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by seunmsg(m): 6:05am On Sep 28, 2020
The strike was baseless and unnecessary and would have achieved nothing other than disrupting the fragile economy. I’m glad common sense prevailed at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by rolams(m): 6:08am On Sep 28, 2020
We talk am
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by dalass(f): 6:08am On Sep 28, 2020
ZeroAccess:
Well scripted. To what point do the toothless bull want to embark on strike. Bringing back #97 or #145. Nonsense.

This is Nigeria, nothing surprises some of us again.

The NLC Leaders are as useless as this inept government undecided
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by Samchi4christ(m): 6:15am On Sep 28, 2020
I missed Adams oshiomhole style of NLC,Wahaba Ayuba why now! Like for Wahaba Ayuba,Share for Adams oshiomhole
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by okonyia(m): 6:17am On Sep 28, 2020
One way government. No opposition,no labour union, no freedom of speech of speech.
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by sayemma: 6:18am On Sep 28, 2020
The strike hold...it is not Festus kiyamu that called the strike , this is a scheme to discourage participation.

We match today with Labour union...solidarity forever.
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by maasoap(m): 6:18am On Sep 28, 2020
Fleshly:
Loolol, what do you expect when a Yoruba man is the NLC chairman People with no honour, shame or moral compass. They are all bluster and no Bite. Small money/pressure they cower and fall down. I know it will get to this, so no surprises at all.

You're a disgrace to those who gave birth to you. You're a disgrace to your tribe

2 Likes

Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:21am On Sep 28, 2020
Yomisky:
The 2 sets of people that won't like this news:
1. Lazy people.
2. Poor people.

We shall see
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by ThatFairGuy1: 6:27am On Sep 28, 2020
Yomisky:
1. Lazy people.
2. Poor people.

First on the list should be ENEMY OF NIGERIA.

They're happy for the destabilization of the country

1 Like

Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by Sholaco: 6:29am On Sep 28, 2020
It will not be well with organise labour! This people are toothless Bulldogs, they do not have people in their heart o. Next time when they told you something kindly ignored them
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by ThatFairGuy1: 6:30am On Sep 28, 2020
tuniski:
Toothless NLC.
Enemy of The State
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by Horlarwaileh(m): 6:30am On Sep 28, 2020
Please, before the strike is suspended, just give me my share from what FG used to bribe you.
Nigeria has cracked going to break down.
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by Sholaco: 6:31am On Sep 28, 2020
maasoap:

You're a disgrace to those who gave birth to you. You're a disgrace to your tribe
Hahahahahaha a disgrace to ndigbo

1 Like

Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by martete201801: 6:31am On Sep 28, 2020
How can a government increase electricity tarrif and fuel pump price at the time. Not minding the present hardship and the devastating effect of the pandemic and lockdown. When will our government start planing and caring for the masses?

Contact us for your Access Control system, CCTV Surveillance, etc. stencomm.com
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by sayemma: 6:31am On Sep 28, 2020
Last update from labour stand.

The Organised Labour in Lagos State has said all sectors would be shut from Monday.

He said airports, banks, and offices would not be allowed to function.

Deputy Vice President, Nigeria Labour Congress, Amaechi Asogwuni, spoke at a news conference on Sunday.

“No airport will be in operation in Nigeria; banks are not expected to function, so no business owners should risk himself, for Nigerian workers have taken that decision”, NAN quoted him as saying.

“We are the workers and we are withdrawing our services; we have the right to do so because protests are our constitutional right. And I believe we will enforce it; schools shall remain closed until this action ends.”

The labour leader appealed to Nigerians to join the protest.

He reminded them that it was part of their quota to democracy.

On the increase in petrol price, Asogwuni said the federal government should have engaged the organised labour and other stakeholders.

“The government did not do that at a time it ought to; it failed in its duty to engage labour before time. On the issue of electricity, the government had earlier had an interaction with labour in Kano and we discouraged it from proceeding.”
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by overboard(m): 6:32am On Sep 28, 2020
Hmmm, since the days of Pascal Bafyau__________________ (10 marks)

Someone please complete the above.
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by nikkiehan(f): 6:33am On Sep 28, 2020
Exactly, in the real sense they aren't really fighting for the citizens rather to acquire their own selfish interest, they are fighting for their pockets. Bunch of corrupt leaders in disguise as NLC.
They've been given their own share over the night and now they are settled.
Oche211:
We all saw it coming.
This labour is too predictable.
They sold out Nigerians.
The government just use this to deceive them.
Expect those tarriffs to return in the coming months.

We don't have an active Labour unions at all, all we have are hustlers and scavengers.
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by MrALIVE: 6:34am On Sep 28, 2020
Yomisky:
1. Lazy people.
2. Poor people.
suffering and smiling...continue.....confused element.
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by yYot: 6:36am On Sep 28, 2020
ajimo54:

Ayuba is the weakest NLC president ever elected! Why should government not reverse with immediate effect the hike in fuel price and electricity tariff b4 u make a U-turn? I bought power 2000 naira worth of power yesterday and I was given just 40 units! Pls, how much is my salary? I cant buy full tank again! Haba Ayuba Wabba!
I bought 4000 Naira of electricity and I got 60 unit of power!
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by Brushstrokes20: 6:38am On Sep 28, 2020
Ain't surprised... The shithole is a lost cause!
Only a red revolt can salvage it!
Useless govt of self serving thieves and sadists...
Re: Labour Suspends Strike, Signs Agreement by Humanity360: 6:40am On Sep 28, 2020
Hi Great People.
Are you in Abuja?
Are you searching for a job?

Sorry, I don't have a Job to offer you but if you are willing, you can be trained and mentored in *Eagles Dream Empowerment Foundation* on *Digital marketing* to make money from the comfort of your home with just your mobile phone, never to search for job again.

Chat 08131687140 to book a seat for our Free Digital Marketing Seminar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video Of Adeleke Dancing As Appeal Court Reinstates Him As Osun Governor / Buhari Reacts To Saraki's Supreme Court Judgement Over False Assets Declaration / Shi’ites Clash With El-rufai’s Convoy, Four Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.