Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,110 members, 7,849,463 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:03 PM

Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) (48201 Views)

Kash Ali Loses Boxing License Indefinitely After Biting Opponent (Photos) / Congrats: AJ Knocked Out His Russian Opponent. / Efe Ajagba Wins Curtis Harper Without A Punch After Opponent Walked Out Of Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by holuwaseun04(m): 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2020
All these people don't know that THEY DONT FIGHT WITH AN HUNGRY MAN.
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by streetsoldier1(m): 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2020
Yoruba dem like fight too much, instead make dem vex based on Nigeria matter, na for oyinbo body dem get power

1 Like

Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by Obamaofusa: 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
No, I'm not.
Well..
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by Kwara1stson: 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2020
Yoruba Ajoke

2 Likes

Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
Let me say Yoruba amaka

1 Like

Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by blackjack21(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2020
EmptyGarden:
Lovely. These fellows are doing justice to our colours, true patriots.

That's a racist remark you made.
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by Drizzy5001(m): 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2020
Igbo Amaka!
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by Biolablings: 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
Babtech001:
Igbere TV reports that Nigerian-Canadian mixed martial art fighter Hakeem Dawodu earned his fifth straight win on Sunday after edging out Russian Zubaira Tukhugov at the UFC253 held at the Flash Forum on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi.

Dawodu’s victory came before the more popular Israel Adesanya knocked out his opponent in the second round.

Dawodu won the game after three rounds. “I thought it was going to be a good fight but as everybody can see, he was running,” he shouted after the win. “I promise the next fight, give me somebody that ain’t gonna run.”

Flying the Nigerian flag after his victory, Dawodu said: “They only allowed me to bring one flag, so I’m really sorry for not bringing the Jamaican and Canadian flags but you know what I represent.”

The 29-year-old said this was one of the fights he pulled off for “something bigger than myself – all my black people, all my African people, everybody that’s getting oppressed”.

With his victory, Dawodu moves to 5-1 overall in the UFC while making a steady climb towards the featherweight top 15 rankings.

https://twitter.com/SundayDareSD/status/1310093451573288960?s=19

Born in Canada to a Nigerian mother and a Jamaican father, Igbere TV reports that Mean Hakeem as he is widely called identifies with all of his roots.

Other Nigerians in the UFC are Kamaru Usman (welterweight), Sodiq Yusuff (featherweight) and Kennedy Nzechukwu (heavyweight).

https://igberetvnews.com/1366161/another-nigerian-hakeem-dawodu-beats-russian-opponent/

Naija making us proud, we no dey carry last, but we just get bad leader's who don't support youths�
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by Drizzy5001(m): 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
Ayomi90:

You said it is an insult because ur head is truly flat, if u head isn't u won't be bothered or pained.
u wey ur head be like monday hammer, na to dey chop Amala and peppered ewedu soup, come dey argue for nairaland u sabi.. Public shitter

1 Like

Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by EmptyGarden(m): 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2020
blackjack21:

That's a racist remark you made.
Abeg what race is Green & White?

1 Like

Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by gowonmaharajah(m): 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2020
We are proud of you,Hakeem.Keep it up.

And for every one in diaspora on nairaland do what would bring glory to your name and your father land and not shame.

2 Likes

Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by blackjack21(m): 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
EmptyGarden:
Abeg what race is Green & White?
so then you were referring to the flag. this seems like Mia-culpa.
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by tweakdude1: 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2020
DuwaRepublic:
I think we need a new flag design. Anyhow I'm proud of my boy Dawodu.

The name Nigeria needs changing

1 Like

Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by larryking540: 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2020
Alkheira:
This guys just dey use Nigeria frustration beat beat people

I swear,we kukuma like fight
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by Chirowman(m): 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
Nigerians have taken over UFC
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by showafrica(m): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
EmptyGarden:
Lovely. These fellows are doing justice to our colours, true patriots.

When they remember what Buhari is doing over here, they will pour the venom on the innocent opponent.
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by ZooOga: 1:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
Yes Sir, Salute!

Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by DevilBishops: 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Why didn't you remove that flag from his hands ? It would have prevented this unsolicited sermon.

Nothing wrong with him holsteeing the proud Nigerian flag yet he isn't technically Nigerian unless his father is Nigerian.
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by DevilBishops: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
Ayomi90:

Olodo, he is both, the Nigerian blood can't be deleted from his veins. When u ought to study science in school nd u opted for Art.

The father is the bloodline and contributes 60 percent of his DNA to his offspring. Nigeria is not called the father land for no reason. Nigerians are the fathers of Benin Republic Dahomey and they refer to Nigerians as their fathers. Bloodline is not a joke or publicity stunt.

Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
nothing like land grabbing.

Jamaica has more Igbos than Yorubas.
If you doubt me, make your research dating from the time of Olauda Iquanor.

This is not something to chest beat over so have it. During that time igbos were slaves to all the tribes in Africa and beyond. Today you all are still slaves in all of Africa and beyond.

1 Like

Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by Playermayweda(m): 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2020
Tribalists in this thread,how do yo know he is yoruba,Funny enough most igbos are less tribalistic
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by wildikeman(m): 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=Ayomi90 post=94397163]
I am not Afonja for ur information, I am Ayomide grin, u can be okoro though that's

Decendant of Obatala and Afo nja...i don't care
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by Canih28: 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
DuwaRepublic:
Azin ehn!
It's too simple.
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by Kvngfrosh(m): 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2020
mrbyron:
Very good!. This one is dedicated to the greedy but innocent victims of MMM grin
grin
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2020
Alkheira:
This guys just dey use Nigeria frustration beat beat people
Nigerians are indeed angry
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by gozie4naira(m): 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
our guys are trying to beat Oyibo them for us with the annoyance of this country ..

but our leaders they beat us here as them like with there power
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by mechanics(m): 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
Congrats to him.
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by DamnnNiggarr: 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
DuwaRepublic:

This is not something to chest beat over so have it. During that time igbos were slaves to all the tribes in Africa and beyond. Today you all are still slaves in all of Africa and beyond.
hahahaha, you self
Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by tiger28: 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
DuwaRepublic:
I have said it SEVERALLY! Our flag is boring and unidentifiable, ONLY Kenya has an IDENTIFIABLE and INDIGENOUS-LOOKING Flag......You JUST CANNOT mistake it's AFRICAN-THEMED Flag.

1 Like

Re: Hakeem Dawodu Beats Russian Opponent (Photos) by tiger28: 4:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hakeem Dawodu , Canadian Born to a 14 yr old Nigerian mother and a Jamaican father. His father was later deported and his mother raised him by herself. YET , He was CARRYING the Nigerian flag on his way to victory last night, I wouldn't be surprised if Israel Adesanya PUT him on his Undercard. .....These Yoruba boys ehnnn They JUST will always let the World know HOW PROUD they are of their HERITAGE......Omoluabis!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Xavier Amaechi Signs For Arsenal (Photo) / Ogenyi Onazi Reading Newspaper At A Vendor's Stand (Photo) / Olga Diyachenko Celebrates Nigeria’s Win Over Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.