Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,741 members, 7,862,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:26 PM

Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement (12758 Views)

Shi’ites: El-zakzaky’s Followers List 5 Conditions For Peace / ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor / Searching For Fashola's Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by excanny: 6:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
T9ksy:

. . . . . and you know what you can do with your "pity".
[color=#000099][i]Hell, that's why the abokis slaughters them at the drop of a "koran"!!!

And Abokis dont slaughter Yorubas? You are a certified oloshi
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 6:44pm On Mar 02, 2011
ibo people sabi attache too much importance to their non relevant and important a/ss/e/s.

I don't even think they themselves believe the silly and i.diotic nonsense they're spewing all over the place.

When are they going to understand the fact they are at the bottom of things even in their own ibo villages.

No be ya fault sha, Yoruba people sabi play nice too much, no wonder aboki people no dey give dem chance to breath, talk less to dey talk rubbish,
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by excanny: 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2011
Beaf:

Words of a fool.

Yoruba's, SS, Middle Belters and Ibo's are all victims of massacres in the core North. Don't let bigotry dim your little mind.

hahaha. I guess his Yoruba brothers become 'Igbos' when they are dead.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by T9ksy(m): 7:03pm On Mar 02, 2011
excanny:

I ain't disputing that abokis kills yorubas too but its a known fact that they kill more of you peps but yet y'all flock back to their region.
My point precisely is why ain't you guys making the same demand/lists in their enclaves?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Orisirisi

Precisely, don't you have a large number of ibos in Kano State as well? Orisirisi indeed.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 7:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
excanny:

Yoruba people by design are not insecure and vulnerable to attacks because we don't needlessly venture into other people's territory, talk less making d/umb demands , mallam sef go tell you wetin OPC did to the last abokki wey get out of line,

I just don't know why your people are forever interested in other people's land and business, but never your own crumbling and disorganized towns and villages.

sucks to be ibo sha,
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 7:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
As for me, I'm relying on Mazi Uche's figure - 62% of the Lagos voters. I also cannot wait for the elections. I will be disappointed in the Ndigbo if they end up unable to use their 'population' to their advantage by voting the candidate(whoever he is) with the Igbo deputy. Infact, I wonder why they can't just vote in an Igbo governor straight away.

Ohanaeze has a habit of letting Ndigbo down. I expect Mazi Uche and his invading soldiers to be disappointed in this over-cautious group of elders. Giving conditions of support when the plan is to take over right away?

Boy, we live in interesting times.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by jason123: 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2011
One thing is certain, THIS WILL NOT END WELL FOR ONE OF THE ETHNIC GROUPS (WHETHER YORUBA OR IGBO).
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Chyz2: 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2011
revomind:

As for me, I'm relying on Mazi Uche's figure - 62% of the Lagos voters. I also cannot wait for the elections. I will be disappointed in the Ndigbo if they end up unable to use their 'population' to their advantage by voting the candidate(whoever he is) with the Igbo deputy. Infact, I wonder why they can't just vote in an Igbo governor straight away.

Ohanaeze has a habit of letting Ndigbo down. I expect Mazi Uche and his invading soldiers to be disappointed in this over-cautious group of elders. Giving conditions of support when the plan is to take over right away?

Boy, we live in interesting times.

We Igbos like fashola,so he stays. Also,we Igbos have no king so ohanaeze cannot dictate to us what to do.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Chyz2: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2011
jason123:

One thing is certain, THIS WILL NOT END WELL FOR ONE OF THE ETHNIC GROUPS (WHETHER YORUBA OR IGBO).

Ahhhhh sharrrrap. huffin and puffin. LOL grin
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by AljUche: 7:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
Chyz*:

We Igbos like fashola,so he stays. Also,we Igbos have no king so ohanaeze cannot dictate to us what to do.

igbo enwe eze cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

rightly said wink grin grin
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by jason123: 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2011
Chyz*:

Ahhhhh sharrrrap. huffin and puffin. LOL grin

What I said was the reality. Why will an "Uche" want to break the little trust or bond yorubas and igbo have in the name of politics Right thinking igbos can see where this is heading to. I hope you can too!
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Chyz2: 7:30pm On Mar 02, 2011
jason123:

What I said was the reality. Why will an "Uche" want to break the little trust or bond yorubas and igbo have in the name of politics Right thinking igbos can see where this is heading to. I hope you can too!

Sorry.Poof.Be gone! cheesy
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by T9ksy(m): 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

Yoruba people by design are not insecure and vulnerable to attacks because we don't needlessly venture into other people's territory, talk less making d/umb demands , mallam sef go tell you wetin OPC did to the last abokki wey get out of line,

I just don't know why your people are forever interested in other people's land and business, but never your own crumbling and disorganized towns and villages.

sucks to be ibo sha,
@ bolded. . . . . 'cause they are landlocked. And as if that isn't bad enough, the case of rampant kidnappings (inc. of school kids and old grannies) has turned their ramshackle villages into a no-go area for them. hence, they flock to other people's land in droves.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
revomind:

Boy, we live in interesting times

The only problem with your delusional 62% claim is the fact that 62% don't beg or make demands, they give orders, they  take without asking.

62% in your messed up dreams,

Instead make your ohaneze concentrate efforts to better your people back home, you're loosing sleep over other people's land.

Right now, you are so irrelevant that the highest ibo official in Nigeria is like about 6th spot behind Yoruba, Delta and Hausa. You even got punked out of your own specially designated ruling party chairmanship position by your own greedy, scheming and conniving kinfolks. hausa man don snatch am and you and your people no fit do anything about it.

GEJ just distribute major oil and petro chemical projects and not 1 dey go anywhere near the eastern part of Nigeria, this is the same Odechuckwu you're hoisting on your shoulder like you savior and passport to the promise land.

Your whole existence is fading away in your own land and country and you're worried about other people's land. What legacy are you going to hand over to your kids? Other people's land?

You people really have no shame, and when they crush you, you go begin cry marginalization and other puccie nonsense,
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2011
Some of these Yoruba posters need to stop getting upset over things. In politics, parties build up a coalition of varying interest. This is what a democracy mean.

Igbos though Ohanaeze have voiced their conditions and so should any other group that Fashola hopes to have the support of. So enough of this nonsense.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

The only problem with your delusional 62% claim is the fact that 62% don't beg or make demands, they give orders, they  take without asking.

62% in your messed up dreams,

Instead make your ohaneze concentrate efforts to better your people back home, you're loosing sleep over other people's land.

Right now, you are so irrelevant that the highest ibo official in Nigeria is like about 6th spot behind Yoruba, Delta and Hausa. You even got punked out of your own specially designated ruling party chairmanship position by your own greedy, scheming and conniving kinfolks. hausa man don snatch am and you and your people no fit do anything about it.

GEJ just distribute major oil and petro chemical projects and not 1 dey go anywhere near the eastern part of Nigeria, this is the same Odechuckwu you're hoisting on your shoulder like you savior and passport to the promise land.

Your whole existence is fading away in your own land and country and you're worried about other people's land. What legacy are you going to hand over to your kids? Other people's land?

You people really have no shame, and when they crush you, you go begin cry marginalization and other puccie nonsense,

I dont really know whether it has occurred to any one of you internet 'lagos is our land guys' that Lagos or any of the mega cities in the country if no ones land.

Igbos and other tribes are buying and owning properties in lagos and elsewhere and it is theirs[b] forerver![/b]

No amount of ethnic clashes between igbos and yorubas will send igbos out of lagos or anywhere else.

Even the break up of the country will not change that. Lagos belongs to everybody whether you like it or not.  grin  grin

[size=18pt]You guys just have to live with it![/size]
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

Some of these Yoruba posters need to stop getting upset over things. In politics, parties build up a coalition of varying interest. This is what a democracy mean.

Igbos though Ohanaeze have voiced their conditions and so should any other group that Fashola hopes to have the support of. So enough of this nonsense.
what interest does a tenant demands from a landlord ? Is the tenant going to share the proceed of the rent with the landlord or take over the house ?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2011
Yes, Lagos belongs to everyone. If a person buys the property by fair means, then the property should be given to that person regardless of tribal affiliation. This how it is done any place around the world. And this is the concept of private property.

Do the people hear the Dutch claiming ownership of New York? They were the ones who founded New York, which was once called New Amsterdam. The answer is no.

Lagos as a city, which has used money from various sources to be its building blocks cannot be claimed by anyone. The Bini founded the city. Ekiti money went on to set the foundations of the city. The oil of the Niger Delta also went on to improve the city during the 70s and 80s. Igbo investment in different property in Lagos has also helped build the city.

This is the way of the world, so people need to get rid of these archaic claims of ownership. I would love for a group to show interest in my hometown. That would mean food, jobs and shelter.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 8:05pm On Mar 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

what interest does a tenant demands from a landlord ? Is the tenant going to share the proceed of the rent with the landlord or take over the house ?

The tenant should demand from the landlord a property that is livable. However, I guess Nigeria is not at that stage. In the U.S., U.K. and Canada, landlords are governed by property laws.

The tenant should have rights. If they are giving their hard earned money to a landlord, their opinions should be heard.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

The tenant should demand from the landlord a property that is livable. However, I guess Nigeria is not at that stage. In the U.S., U.K. and Canada, landlords are governed by property laws.

The tenant should have rights. If they are giving their hard earned money to a landlord, their opinions should be heard.
do such rights include taking over the house from the landlord ?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

Funny how some of you come in to act sane and rational, but end up sounding otherwise. Where is your credibility after pointing fingers while ignoring what your kinfolks posted?

The fact is, normal course of action is to seek audience with the state government and express your concern, not running around yelling, making demands, threatening and blackmailing with votes.  

That was rude, impolite and undiplomatic. Their unfortunate demands and lousy leadership style is a sad reflection and failure of the entire igbo political class both locally and Nationally.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
Claiming that every mega city is no man's land makes no sense to me.

Then again, One Nigeria makes no sense.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

do such rights include taking over the house from the landlord ?

If the landlord agrees to sell his property to the tenant, then there should nothing be wrong. Do you have a problem with tenants purchasing land from a willing landlord?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 8:18pm On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

Funny how some oh you come in to act sane and rational, but end up sounding otherwise. Where is your credibility after pointing fingers while ignoring what your kinfolks posted?

The fact is, normal course of action is to seek audience with the state government and express your concern, not running around yelling, making demands, threatening and blackmailing with votes.  

That was rude, impolite and undiplomatic. Their unfortunate demands and lousy leadership style is a sad reflection and failure of the entire igbo political class both locally and Nationally.  

I see no problem with Ohanaeze listing conditions for supporting Fashola. This is what interest groups do on behalf of the people they represent. I am pretty sure other groups, besides Ohanaeze has offered their own conditions as well. It is the politician choice if they choose to listen or not.

And I do not think anyone was running around yelling and demanding. Simply listing their conditions for support is demanding? If Fashola doesn't want there endorsement, that is his choice. No one is telling him that he needs to listen.

I take it, that you didn't read the conditions. The mere fact that they were listing conditions is what is making you mad. All I can say is get over it.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

It doesn't have to make sense. All we know is that there were groups who fought to keep Nigeria one, so now it is time for them to suffer the consequences.

To keep Nigeria one is the task that must be done.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 8:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Claiming that every mega city is no man's land makes no sense to me.

It doesnt make sense at all in Nigeria.

But the true shape of things is that it is just the truth.

Any portion of Lagos land you purchase legally belongs to you, where ever you might have come from. No one is going to send you parking from there simply because he/she believes its his land.

Any time it happens, it will simply lead to anarchy at the end of which things will still stay the way it is right now.

Thats why I still maintain that Lagos or any other big city is no ones land.

Even in onitsha town, onitsha indigenes have control over the land.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by yarodin: 8:28pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

I see no problem with Ohanaeze listing conditions for supporting Fashola. This is what interest groups do on behalf of the people they represent. I am pretty sure other groups, besides Ohanaeze has offered their own conditions as well. It is the politician choice if they choose to listen or not.

And I do not think anyone was running around yelling and demanding. Simply listing their conditions for support is demanding? If Fashola doesn't want there endorsement, that is his choice. No one is telling him that he needs to listen.

I take it, that you didn't read the conditions. The mere fact that they were listing conditions is what is making you mad. All I can say is get over it.

LOL don't mind them, they are here online shouting and screaming, but Fashola needs the "Spare Parts" ego to develop Lagos.  Fashola could easily tell Ohanaeze to f*** off with their conditions and votes, but just the fact that he is giving them audience says alot.  Instead of people like Eko coming here and blowing hot air for no reason, maybe he should go to Lagos and direct his anger at Fashola and the Lagos State Government.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

If the landlord agrees to sell his property to the tenant, then there should nothing be wrong. Do you have a problem with tenants purchasing land from a willing landlord?

Real landlords who know the history of their land do not sell their birth right to squatters.That is why the hausas are not considered as owners of jos.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 8:40pm On Mar 02, 2011
EzeUche_:

I see no problem with Ohanaeze listing conditions for supporting Fashola.

I wasn't expecting you to see any hence your equally misguided response. And instead of blackmailing with your so called numbers, why not set up your own political party or present your own candidate to go against the governor?

Again, it's crude, impolite and irresponsible to blackmail for votes. It's also an unsavory reinfection and unrefined caliber of people representing you.

There are ibo people within the state governmental and the state executive cabinet. And if you're so convinced that you have what it takes to rule Lagos state, issuing conditions and threats really should be the last thing on your mind,
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EzeUche2(m): 8:41pm On Mar 02, 2011
yarodin:

LOL don't mind them, they are here online shouting and screaming, but Fashola needs the "Spare Parts" ego to develop Lagos.  Fashola could easily tell Ohanaeze to f*** off with their conditions and votes, but just the fact that he is giving them audience says alot.  Instead of people like Eko coming here and blowing hot air for no reason, maybe he should go to Lagos and direct his anger at Fashola and the Lagos State Government.  

Well I understand where the anger is coming from. They do not understand why the Igbo have the audacity to ask for better representation in Lagos. We are not native to Lagos, so why should we ask for representation. They would rather have us as 2nd class citizens in our country instead of regular constituents who need to be pleased.

Different groups have different interest. That is why they should all lobby Fashola and the Lagos State Government. People need to remember that money trumps ethnic interest. Money talks in any nation. And if a people have the money, they will be listened too.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by onyengbu1(m): 8:45pm On Mar 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Real landlords who know the history of their land do not sell their birth right to squatters.That is why the hausas are not considered as owners of jos.

Unfortunately enough, harsh economy is producing rather too many unreal landlords in lagos and everywhere else in the country turning squatters to real landlords.  grin  grin  grin

At the rate things are going now, we will soon find it difficult to say who is landlord and who is a squatter!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Abia Central Senatorial District: Governor Orji Records Landslide Win / Buhari Arrives Dakar, Senegal For Security Meeting (photo) / Fela Durotoye Listed Among 100 Most Reputable Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.