Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Advice Needed On Relocation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice Needed On Relocation (743 Views)

Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. / Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. / Family Relocation Abroad! Mature Advice /input Requested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Relocation by Warrior07(m): 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hello Travellanders,
Please, I need help on making a decision on where to relocate to.

My Story:

I am an agripreneur, I am also good at graphic designing, content writing and other literary freelance works. I have a 2:2 (2.98 GPA) in Microbiology.

I have a health condition which is deteriorating due to the stress associated with my business. I have been advised to travel out and try other climes by friends and my doctors.

The major reason I am seeking for advice is to know countries with relatively easy Visa, good economy and opportunities for foreigners.
I am open to PR, Visiting Visa ( one that can lead to PR) and Schooling.
I would appreciate if I can get answers here cos my life depend on it.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
Warrior07:
Hello Travellanders,

My Story:

I am an agripreneur, I am also good at graphic designing, content writing and other literary freelance works. I have a 2:2 (2.98 GPA) in Microbiology.

I have a health condition which is deteriorating due to the stress associated with my business. I have been advised to travel out and try other climes by friends and my doctors.

The major reason I am seeking for advice is to know countries with relatively easy Visa, good economy and opportunities for foreigners.
Thanks in anticipation.

have you checked all the travel threads on this travel section. Do so as to make an informed decision. If you are below 30 and can get an extra degree try canada pr.
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by justwise(m): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
Warrior07:
Hello Travellanders,

My Story:

i am open to PR, Visiting Visa ( one that can lead to PR) and Schooling.
Thanks in anticipation.

Don't even try that even with your health condition, use that money to get medical help.
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by transfer101: 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by dasparrow: 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
Warrior07:
Hello Travellanders,

My Story:

Thanks in anticipation.

I don't know what advice to give you because I don't know what your financial situation is. Right now due to the Coronavirus pandemic many countries around the world including in the western world are suffering from an economic downturn.

Leaders of western nations are seeking to put their people first and citizens of western nations don't want foreigners coming to their countries anymore in search of the proverbial greener pastures. Racism is becoming more prevalent as well.

Look at the United States. They barred Nigerians from migrating there permanently. UAE has stopped issuing work permit visas. Many countries are changing their immigration policies to make it very hard for immigrants to come to their countries and immigration policies are constantly changing.

Like someone else suggested, you could try Canada as a foreign student but the school fees for foreign students is through the roof and getting approved for a Canadian visa is not exactly easy.

A lot of Nigerians are being denied visas. In fact, getting a visa for many countries of today with the current Coronavirus pandemic will take the grace of God especially moreso if you are applying from Nigeria.

I guess the days of running to oyibo land in search of greener pastures is over. Time to build Africa and stop running.

Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by Warrior07(m): 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2020
justwise:

That's the obvious thing to do if it's a curable disease.
It's sickle cell crises. You can only manage it. The cost of managing it here, coupled with the stress involved is the issue.
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by Warrior07(m): 5:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Thanks, I will put it in consideration. I am just trying to minimise the probability of Visa denials.
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by justwise(m): 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2020
Warrior07:

That's the obvious thing to do if it's a curable disease.
It's sickle cell crises. You can only manage it. The cost of managing it here, coupled with the stress involved is the issue.

So how will you be able afford it abroad holding vising visa? Even with work visa in many countries you will need health insurance to receive treatment.
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by Damian457: 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
Kekereekun123:
have you checked all the travel threads on this travel section. Do so as to make an informed decision. If you are below 30 and can get an extra degree try canada pr.
Bro it’s not as easy as it sounds. It has become very competitive. I’m below 30, I have a masters and my ielts scores are decent but going by the recent trends, my crs scores isn’t close
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
Damian457:
Bro it’s not as easy as it sounds. It has become very competitive. I’m below 30, I have a masters and my ielts scores are decent but going by the recent trends, my crs scores isn’t close
what did you score in the ielts and how many year experience do you have?
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by Cousin9999: 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
Canada. PNP. RNIP. Free healthcare. Check out the Canada threads.

You might want to move to British Columbia (warmest area) eventually given your health issues.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by Damian457: 6:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
I have 2 year work experience, I am a professional with a degree equivalent to masters. Ielts 8777( LRWS)
I am 28.
Kekereekun123:
what did you score in the ielts and how many year experience do you have?
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
Damian457:
I have 2 year work experience, I am a professional with a degree equivalent to masters. Ielts 8777( LRWS)
I am 28.
add nysc experience or wait till 3 years experience.also rewrite ielts. 12 more points to earn.
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by Damian457: 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Kekereekun123:
add nysc experience or wait till 3 years experience.also rewrite ielts. 12 more points to earn.

The two years is including NYSC experience. I am considering rewriting IELTS.
Re: Advice Needed On Relocation by JudithPeter(f): 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
Looking for an affordable Ielts coaching center in Port-Harcourt ?
look no further..! We offer flexible class options at AMS BRIDGEBLUE NIGERIA. We are located at 32 Ada-George Road, Port-Harcourt

(1) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know About Sri Lanka / Dangote Cement Trailer Ran Into Shops, Kill Many In Akungba Akoko(Graphic Photo) / Re: How Nigerians Abroad Complain About Loneliness Amazes Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.