Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. (3004 Views)

MALL OF AMERICA: Beautiful Pictures From Inside The Biggest Mall In The USA / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:50am On Jul 13, 2021
In as much as Nigerians in Nigeria are facing a difficult life as per insecurity, cost of living going high etc and most want to relocate by any means possible, the US might not be the most viable option at the moment.

Falling in love with an American based boo should not be done without having a viable plan B or C sef.

The visa appointment dates are not just far ahead, they are years ahead except if it changes in the next coupleof months, does and would it make sense if one pins one's hopes on the US alone?

The fact that the possibility of getting a visa is not 50:50 is another issue in my opinion.

MY TAKE?

Have plans A,B to Z as per relocations.

Do not be so focused on relocating that you do not do other things here to improve your life.

It must not be The US....Canada, UK etc

Prepare your mind for both positive and not so positive outcomes.

In as much as the US is sane in some aspects, it might not be where you would thrive.

Sow businesses, value to your life here in Nigeria and elsewhere.

Pray hard too for the best for you.

Love and US love? Have a plan B or backup plan . I'm just stating the obvious fact.

Best of luck in all of our plans.

5 Likes

Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by Obakashdee(m): 6:57am On Jul 13, 2021
Thank you, are you a peachtree expert ni?
PeachtreeReside:
In as much as Nigerians in Nigeria are facing a difficult life as per insecurity, cost of living going high etc and most want to relocate by any means possible, the US might not be the most viable option at the moment.

Falling in love with an American based boo should not be done without having a viable plan B or C sef.

The visa appointment dates are not just far ahead, they are years ahead except if it changes in the next coupleof months, does and would it make sense if one pins one's hopes on the US alone?

The fact that the possibility of getting a visa is not 50:50 is another issue in my opinion.

MY TAKE?

Do not be so focused on relocating that you do not do other things here to improve your life.

In as much as the US is sane in some aspects, it might not be where you would thrive.

Love and US love? Have a plan B or backup plan . I'm just stating the obvious fact.

Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by incogni2o: 7:03am On Jul 13, 2021
Thanks
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:56am On Jul 13, 2021
Obakashdee:
Thank you, are you a peachtree expert ni?

I'm not o!
I used it with faith for something that didn't work out. Now I'm stuck with the moniker.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:57am On Jul 13, 2021
incogni2o:
Thanks

You are welcome.
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by KendrickAyomide: 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
Wise men already know this. Great info

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by PeachtreeReside(f): 9:05pm On Jul 13, 2021
KendrickAyomide:
Wise men already know this. Great info

And women I hope.....

1 Like

Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by Amiralord: 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2021
Thanks alot for this information, very educative.

wanna ask a question

Assuming you are relocating to USA through invitation arrangement,can someone be given a kind of preferential treatment by giving the person a closer date or you will also have to join the queue.
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:22am On Jul 14, 2021
Amiralord:

wanna ask a question

Assuming you are relocating to USA through invitation arrangement,can someone be given a kind of preferential treatment by giving the person a closer date or you will also have to join the queue.

Relocation through invitation from my knowledge of travel does not exist.

You can be sent an invitation to visit US.

Ensure that you have a date that will still hold .
An example is if you have an event to attend and by the time you attend, the event has passed, your chances of getting a visa might be dicey.
If your invitation states that you are going for vacation, then it doesn't matter your date.
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by RodgersAkpafu: 10:57am On Jul 14, 2021
I agree
Have as many options as possible

1 Like

Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by OpemipoDoyin: 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
PeachtreeReside:

MY TAKE?

What other countries?
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by babakb: 6:18am On Aug 20, 2021
OpemipoDoyin:

What other countries?

Any Shenghen Country is good...
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by PeachtreeReside(f): 8:02am On Aug 21, 2021
OpemipoDoyin:

What other countries?

Australia, New Zealand, are the ones that come to mind readily.
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by OpemipoDoyin: 8:45am On Aug 21, 2021
PeachtreeReside:

I'm 16 years currently in sss3 writing WAEC so when I'm done I will sit for SAT and TOEFL
The US is my top destination I'm looking for other countries as backup countries in case of USA visa disappointment which I don't pray for
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by OpemipoDoyin: 8:45am On Aug 21, 2021
PeachtreeReside:

Thanks for your concern
I'm appreciative.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2021
OpemipoDoyin:

I'm 16 years currently in sss3 writing WAEC so when I'm done I will sit for SAT and TOEFL
The US is my top destination I'm looking for other countries as backup countries in case of USA visa disappointment which I don't pray for

What course are you looking At?
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by OpemipoDoyin: 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2021
PeachtreeReside:

What course are you looking At?
Electrical (and Electronics) Engineering.
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:40am On Aug 22, 2021
OpemipoDoyin:

Electrical (and Electronics) Engineering.

Please be very positive about gaining admission into the US. Apart from the US, China would also be a good place to do that course. Japan too because those 2 places offer an ideal environment to do your course.

Best of luck.
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by OpemipoDoyin: 7:40am On Aug 22, 2021
PeachtreeReside:

Please be very positive about gaining admission into the US. Apart from the US, China would also be a good place to do that course. Japan too because those 2 places offer an ideal environment to do your course.

Best of luck.
Thanks very much!
That's why I'm studying well for my WAEC
So as to have a sound high school GPA
But I want to look into other countries as well in case of Visa disappointment which I don't hope for.
Do you stay in Nigeria or you reside in one of the aforementioned countries?

1 Like

Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by Mayoraustin(m): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2021
Hi
Can someone apply for spouse reunion type of Visa through US embassy in another country?
Because this appointment dates is something else
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by PeachtreeReside(f): 8:29am On Aug 22, 2021
OpemipoDoyin:

Thanks very much!
That's why I'm studying well for my WAEC
So as to have a sound high school GPA
But I want to look into other countries as well in case of Visa disappointment which I don't hope for.
Do you stay in Nigeria or you reside in one of the aforementioned countries?

I stay in Lagos you?
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by OpemipoDoyin: 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2021
PeachtreeReside:

I stay in Lagos you?
Oyo,Oyo State.
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by OpemipoDoyin: 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
PeachtreeReside:

Best of luck.
Although I have some US Schools in mind
Georgia tech,NIU, UGA,GSU, Howard, Tuskegee
But I would love to school at Georgia tech

1 Like

Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by PeachtreeReside(f): 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
OpemipoDoyin:

Although I have some US Schools in mind
Georgia tech,NIU, UGA,GSU, Howard, Tuskegee
But I would love to school at Georgia tech

Georgia Tech is a good choice.
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by PeachtreeReside(f): 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2021
OpemipoDoyin:

Oyo,Oyo State.

Ok. That is good..
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by OpemipoDoyin: 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2021
PeachtreeReside:

Georgia Tech is a good choice.
I think as I do not have my requirements as at now (standardized tests and WAEC)
I will have to apply for fall 2022 ?

1 Like

Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by nnennachiji(f): 1:33am On Aug 23, 2021
Mayoraustin:
Hi
Can someone apply for spouse reunion type of Visa through US embassy in another country?
Because this appointment dates is something else

You must be a resident in that country
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by PeachtreeReside(f): 4:28am On Aug 23, 2021
OpemipoDoyin:

I think as I do not have my requirements as at now (standardized tests and WAEC)
I will have to apply for fall 2022 ?

Don't stop trying and keep hope alive. I wish you the best in life.

Please keep me updated.

Sending you loads of positive vibes.

God keep us all.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by Pesb(m): 4:38am On Aug 23, 2021
Yeah,, appointments dates are no longer within sight.

But does it concern F-1 visa applicants?? Prospective International students
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by Lordkross(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2021
Amiralord:

wanna ask a question

I have a registered company in the US and I will also fill in for my Tax Returns this December. I applied in June and I was giving October, 2022 and with my almighty protest I was able to get April, 2022. My dear, unless they change the inner system or you have an urgent medical, burial or marriage needs just leave America for now.
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by Amiralord: 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lordkross:

I have a registered company in the US and I will also fill in for my Tax Returns this December. I applied in June and I was giving October, 2022 and with my almighty protest I was able to get April, 2022. My dear, unless they change the inner system or you have an urgent medical, burial or marriage needs just leave America for now.

Thanks for the information sir.
There's something I need you to help me clarify.
I learnt a non refundable visa application fee must be paid in the course of the application.
Pls help me clarify this.
Thanks
Re: Do Not Pin All Your Hopes On Relocation To The United States Of America. by Lordkross(m): 6:19am On Oct 21, 2021
Yes please. It's the same receipt reference number that you will use to pick an appointment date.

Amiralord:

Thanks for the information sir.
There's something I need you to help me clarify.
I learnt a non refundable visa application fee must be paid in the course of the application.
Pls help me clarify this.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Abuja To Lagos On Valuejet / University Of Regina Canada / What To Know Before Flying Out Of Nigeria For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.