Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,986 members, 7,866,712 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

2015: No Vacancy For Igbos –abba-aji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: No Vacancy For Igbos –abba-aji (516 Views)

Presidency: No Vacancy In 2019 -APC / Kano State Govt & Aji No Moto Economics / Yar Adua's Handover And Senator Mohammed Abba-aji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015: No Vacancy For Igbos –abba-aji by ASANIGBO(m): 4:15am On Mar 02, 2011
Special Adviser to the President on National Assembly Matters, Senator Mohammed Abba-Aji has foreclosed the possibility of an Igbo man being elected as president in 2015. “It is very clear, Vice President Sambo will step in, as soon as Jonathan finishes,” he says in an interview. According to him, the nation needs an Institutional memory in the running of governance, so that the process of governance would not be retarded.

Abba-Aji reminded those championing Igbo presidency in 2015 that the courts have determined that there was zoning, which made the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] agreed to zone the presidency to the South-South, adding that when it returns to the North, the North West would produce the party candidate.
“It’s like this, it goes to the North back and to the South, then to the North and back to the South, then in the South it can go to the South East, South West or South-South .

“In the North, the same applies and so now, Jonathan is serving the South–South ticket, so then it will come to the North and when it happens, we will want the institutional memory to be there, we don’t want too many dislocation that will set us one step forward, two step backward s and all of that.

“I speak from my own stand point, it is my dream and the Vice President has the experience and he is rightly positioned,” he said.
The president eyes in the National Assembly lambasted Malam Adamu Ciroma over the use of strong words like “we will stop him’, “we will deny him”, noting that such strong words should not be found in the mouth of an elder statesman of Ciroma’s age.
On his part, he said that he had undertaken the crusade of setting things right on the quiet side and had reached out to very important Northerners in almost every states to tell them that President Goodluck Jonathan will win the April election, incumbency factor or no incumbency factor.

He stated that he had told those working against the president to realize that there was no party that will throw away its product.
“I am a member of the National Caucus. I know what is going on. I said to them, do not allow Jonathan to win without Northern support, it will fragment this country, it will disenfranchise the North and it will set the pace in the minds of future southern presidential candidates. The North will seem not to matter which is very dangerous for people in my generation and for people below.”

To him, the generations of the Ciromas have had their turn and now, they can afford to gamble.
“What they have been doing is a gambling. That I personally stopped. And they listened to me. Many of them who are open supporters of Atiku saw reasons, I said to them, if you try, you can’t stop Jonathan, you will disenfranchise the north, it is better to support him. We went round the delegates of the North, it worked out and so the next one will also work.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/mar/02/national-2-03-2011-01.htm

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Presidential Candidate Wants To See "expose" Ahead Of Presidential Debate / Freedom Of Information (foi) Bill Will Be Passed - David Mark / 234Next: Selling Justice To The Highest Bidder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.