Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? (44858 Views)

First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos) / Favour Adenuga & Goodnews Johnson, First Class Students In Medicine, ABU Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 29, 2020
School Church Hostel
Their lives is like triangle

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by henryobinna(m): 9:10am On Sep 29, 2020
introvert2:
Some are of the opinion that they are geniuses. Is that really true or is it a matter of hard work? comments pls.
They read and/or practice more.

Also having a retentive memory will help you in remembering what you've read and practiced.

I no be first class oh. But that is the difference reading more and practicing more.
Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by MONEY247: 9:11am On Sep 29, 2020
I a first class in Forex trading.....!!!

5 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by 4tomandchi: 9:11am On Sep 29, 2020
They study and answer exam questions smartly.

He who start the rase well most times win it. They always start their 100L very well which is post secondary school dominated and maintain their performance when the going gets tough.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by greall12(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2020

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by vickydevoka(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2020
They get lecturing job easily than others

2 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by golddare: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2020
introvert2:
Some are of the opinion that they are geniuses. Is that really true or is it a matter of hard work? comments pls.

They put in the extra and they work smart.
Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by bolousadex: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2020
nothing! they'r just buried in their books. given another chance at school, I wouldnt finish with a first class
Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by Royalfurnitures: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2020
In public institutions,Maybe they put in more study time,avoid side attractions and distractions, etc but in private ones some of those first class are stage managed...so I feel

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by golddare: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2020
introvert2:

They put in the extra and they work smart not necessarily work hard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by maestroferddi: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2020
First class is good but it is massively overrated...

2 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by Teejay13(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2020
They tend to be more dedicated and consistent to what they do!
Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by Debalanza: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2020
Waiting for their comment....,.. cool
Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by captainamiedi1: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2020
They have all the resources at they need to succeed. they are focus and determine. some are just super intelligent. i kwn of one who don't read too much. he is just naturally gifted while i kwn of people who read more than them but couldn't make first class.

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by Kaxmytex(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2020
A lecturer comes to lecture hall and spent like 2hrs, he does that for the rest of the semester
Let's say he went through all the course content in 10 lectures for that semester, which means he spent like 20hrs for the whole content..

On the exam day, u saw the questions, it cut across all the whole course outline, and time allowed to answer it is 2-3hrs

Course content wey lecturer use 20hrs cover, dem give u 2-3hrs to cover am...

How first class student come dey do am, e dey simple..
This set of stüpid guyz for the first 2 sessions no dey miss class, they use this period to get familiar with their lecturers, how he set questions, how he answers question, the textbooks and materials he made use of, is he the type that loves essay answers or straight forward answers, how deep does he goes on an outline,etc
For the first two sessions, they know the lecturer very well even though they are not close to him.
The rest of the sessions, na the lecturer dey familiarize with them, they get close to them, the student sef dey do chores for some coz dem don turn padi, this student use this closeness to psyche some daft lecturers up to spill what they are not suppose to say which include some question and answers..
This period even if they write rubbish in the exam hall and submit it, the lecturer go respect am because they have paid their dues in the first 2 sessions...

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by fiercehillz(m): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2020
Sometimes it has to do with your ability to cram, sometimes it has to do with your level of commitment or your IQ...when I was in school I relied on my God given talent, my ability to score at least 28% out of 30 in my continuous assessments and I studied my books like I was watching a Marvel movie. It has to do with interest and priority.

Nobody for my class like groove reach me dat year. I get babe, get plenty distractions, played video game like kilode, went out as often as possible etc.

To pursue d best class of degree make sense sha, but at d end everybody go still dey alright las las...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by pwansunriseteam: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2020
Nothing special just concentration which costs them social life in the Campus.

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by UYEMDO35(m): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2020
They pay more attentions to their studies....
They don't joke with their time... They're always wishing to be the best.
Dey don't seize to give up...... They spent much of their time making research.

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by Deicide: 9:16am On Sep 29, 2020
Anybody that put hardworking here thunder go fire that person grin

3 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by MRLANNISTER(m): 9:16am On Sep 29, 2020
I have worked with these breed of intelligent people and I must confess they are smart. They learn very fast and deliver results before you know it. They can do 1 task in several different ways.

Some other people may be able to do that but the thing is only very few people will accomplish it.

For the records I'm speaking about my own person experience in the work place.

introvert2:

3 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by Misterdhee1(m): 9:16am On Sep 29, 2020
Focus and discipline. I know a few of my colleagues who were extremely brilliant, but lacked both and ended up with average CGPAs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by tolaade1960: 9:16am On Sep 29, 2020
They go additional miles in studying what ordinary students find difficult because they have goals to achieve.
Having 1st Class is not only a prestige but makes candidates stand out in competition.

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by mployer(m): 9:18am On Sep 29, 2020
Lol

You must be a first class material to start with.

Don't let motivational speakers deceive you.

2 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by robosky02(m): 9:18am On Sep 29, 2020
First class students are ONLY. One step ahead of the crowd

Ask me how?

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by gabicon: 9:18am On Sep 29, 2020
introvert2:

There are a number of factors that make a first class result. On top of the food chain is discipline, another is assimilation, then there is attention, then knowing how to study etc.

2 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by ominid1: 9:19am On Sep 29, 2020
The heart conceives, the head devises but if the hands are slow to act you can never be a master of your craft.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by peterinah: 9:19am On Sep 29, 2020
They do not do Nairaland, lalastis lala, troll people DMs, Follow yeyebrities, the list goes on.
If e pain you, go and hug transformer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by Jung(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2020
Haters full this thread tho. No lies grin

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by jaxxy(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2020
introvert2:

They have a clear idea of what they want academically speaking. And they do what’s necessary. Extra effort.

The difference btwn good and best is a little Extra Effort!!!

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by thankyouJesus(m): 9:21am On Sep 29, 2020
This is an interesting thread.

There's no popular way to your question but most

1. Solve past questions
2. Have ability to memorize
3. Attend ALL lectures
4. Do and submit assignments on time
5. Have self awareness
6. Know when, where and how to read
7. Are dedicated, motivated, persistent, etc
8. Learn to do things individually before consulting friends, Google, lectures, etc
9. Sleep or rest
10. Read from the beginning of the semester
11. Understand (or try to) ALL concepts before moving to the next one
12. Ask questions whenever and wherever possible
13. Consult different materials or resources
14. Actively participates in other mental activities
15. Reduce distractions to the minimum
16. Great time management
17. Seeing test as also an examination (getting all the possible maximum mark in class)
18. Ready to learn and open to criticism
19. Passion for the course they are studying
20. They know what questions to attempt in examination (some questions are meant to be resected).

I can go on and on from personal experience.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? by mozona(m): 9:21am On Sep 29, 2020
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) / Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) / Outrageous School Fees Paid By Church Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.