Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? (29341 Views)

What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / Sacked Pregnant Access Bank Cashier Collapses In Lagos After Receiving Letter / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by nogragra: 1:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
Is it really necessary to thank your boss after paying (salary) you for job you did?
Rubbish...SLAVERY has been so entrenched in African society.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Chigorkizz(m): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
This people self!!

You're quick to say "thank you" when they gave you the job. You would have collected the appointment letter without saying "thank you"

You have to be grateful even if you worked for it.

Just say thank you!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by 2cribz: 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
If it aint 800k then fuc k u

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Brightdboy01: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
Thank my foot

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by nengibo: 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
Mowsid:

send the 3k to my account since its no big deal
I meant saying thanks its no big deal

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Ajibolaowolabi: 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
There is no problem to say thank you if the money was handed over to by cash, provided the salary was paid as at when due, but if it's late, i will expect an apology for the late payment rather than for me to say thank you

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by OmoOduduwa01: 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
Is it necessary to thank ATM after withdrawal

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by olowo1995(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
Is it really necessary to thank your boss after paying (salary) you for job you did?

One doesn't have to say thank you because to me there is a transaction between both party, you offer your service and he paid for the service you rendered.

He doesn't dash or gift you money, he paid for your service and time.

Chikena...... Finish

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by lereinter(m): 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
Is your pay given to you by hand from your boss

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by silibaba: 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2020
No

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

you'll know how to deceive women grin grin

I hail u, bro.

Haha bro. I attract women, I don't deceive them. Deceiving women is one of the fastest way out of God's green earth grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
ogwuche4u:

Nonsense... You don't even understand the law. How can you dedicate your time and energy and still say thank you for the peanuts paid? You are just a ass licker. People like you will be great snitch and I hate snitch undecided
Haha, if only you know.

Never settle for a job you feel you won't be grateful for the payment. Go and start your own company.

Gratitude is an attitude to me bro. Of course, I don't expect the same of you.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
kkins25:
what a ridiculous misinterpretation of such a beautiful book....

I like the meme you posted grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
TheManofTomorrow:

Haha bro. I attract women, I don't deceive them. Deceiving women is one of the fastest way out of God's green earth grin

alright, baba. grin

stay blessed, bro.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Edoziesmart(m): 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2020
badman007:
It’s polite to say thanks,
takes nothing away from you.
Don’t be an idiot
Thank you

Is it by force to say thank you when you receive your wages you hustle for?
Did the person thank you for the job well done?
Anyway I use to say thank you once in a while when I receive my wages. It is not mandatory

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Edoziesmart(m): 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
crestedaguiyi:
very dumb.

its not a gift but a wage.

Africans thank and praise their politicians for doing their job thats why they are seeing it like they are doing their people a favour.

the moment you start thanking your boss for performing his role which include paying your salary then expect him to start seeing it like he is doing you a favour.

something you can sue him to court for not doing.

Wish I can give you 1 million like for this great comment.
Leave those people that think it is mandatory to say thank you for receiving your wage after weeks of hard work.
Did the person tell me 'thank you' when I'm working my ass out? Rather she will be shouting and nagging for minor things

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Elsueno: 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
stevonics:

you are well trained and emotionally intelligent do not mind the children of these days. pls how old are you.

grin well, am pretty old, Life is much easier, when a person smiles more and shout less

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
nengibo:

he added extra 3k , that's worth giving thanks, it's really no biggie, it doesn't remove anything 4rm your body

Not proud at all
Just asking for subsequent ones

I feel I worked for the money
He is underpaying me ,he knows that
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
Olarewaju89:
Is like you pay tithe and you are now expecting your pastor to say thank you for paying your tithe grin

When my former boss give me salary she will always be expecting me to say " thank you ma for the salary" grin some women self....

And she has never add anything to the salary even when i say a million thanks grin

My dear just say it from your heart to fulfill all righteousness. grin
Lol
Thanks
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
crestedaguiyi:
very dumb.

its not a gift but a wage.

Africans thank and praise their politicians for doing their job thats why they are seeing it like they are doing their people a favour.

the moment you start thanking your boss for performing his role which include paying your salary then expect him to start seeing it like he is doing you a favour.

something you can sue him to court for not doing.

Exactly , he is not doing me any Favour, he is paying for my services
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kendumazy:
No. You worked for it. You only thank him if he puts extra.

Only people with with low self esteem who don't know the worth of the services or work rendered in exchange for the salary will go ahead in thanking their boss.

Absolutely right, I can sue him for not doing so while he can sack me for not preforming my duty
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nuttella:
Why should I thank him for collecting my wages? a worker deserves his wages, did he thank me for the work I did?

Nice one, u right
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
odubayor:
why the Bleep would I thank him though depends on the type of boss he is if he is the dangbana Choco type or the normal type depends on how you put yourself tho

He is unpredictable
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2020
Princeton92:
Why should you tell your boss thank you for the money you worked for and you earn??

You rendered your services N earned the pay

That's why I got confused and decided to adk
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
bukatyne:

This conversation sounds like a small company or a one man business.

I don't know about the necessity however, I sent thank you/appreciation mails to my CEO when our salaries did not change due the first recession under Baba Buhari and this pandemic.
A filling station with 3 outlets
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by dosage150(m): 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kendumazy:

Thanking him is okay. You thanked him for the extra 3k which is good.
Thanks so much
I know I did the right thing
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by stevonics: 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
Elsueno:

grin well, am pretty old, Life is much easier, when a person smiles more and shout less

good

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by bukatyne(f): 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
dosage150:
A filling station with 3 outlets

Well, since you see your CEO when you receive your salary, a thank you sir/ma is not bad and costs you nothing.

I believe when you deliver on your tasks, they also thank /appreciate/acknowledge you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by EgunMogaji2: 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
Boss: Hello Joe, here's your paycheck.

Joe: Thanks John, I appreciate it.

Boss: You're welcome Joe, thanks for your diligence and great attitude.
Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by Diamondsaheed(m): 4:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
oga make u no feel say dat tank u 4 frm my mind ooo

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? by CALCULUS16: 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
if na small work and big salary, I will thank Him/Her. But if the work pass the salary, I no go thank him o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University / Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked / What Can One Do With N42k Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.