Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? (501 Views)

What Is The Pettiest Reason Why You Won't Date Someone / Tayo Demola: 10 Signs That God Is Warning You Not To Date Someone / Name A Petty Reason You Can't Date Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 29, 2020
Life is biased and unpredictable, isn't it? Some of us are unprevilidged to be born with medical conditions and some may develop theirs with age or maybe due to mental health issues or accidents. Even if your answer is No, one day you may fall in love with someone that will sometime reveal his/her medical condition to you that he/she has HIV, other Stds, cancer, epilepsy etc or maybe you dating someone that suddenly develops a medical condition maybe due to stress, anxiety, depression or accident like fireburn, animal/insect bite, car accident etc. In this instances, what are your stakes on still maintaining the relationship? Or you come across someone who has stroke, paralysed, having skin problems etc. Would you accept the person ?? I'm always scared of being with someone who has HIV maybe due to ignorance on how to live with someone with HIV.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? by Mood11: 3:26am On Sep 29, 2020
After reading this post it seemed to me like OP was either born with a health condition or suddenly contracted one like the HIV he mentioned severally..

Whatever the case is,
I think whoever is going into any form of relationship should be able to think things through because anything could happen after you have said yes to your perfect taste of a man or woman.
Re: Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? by SavageResponse(m): 4:05am On Sep 29, 2020
IntersexSherry:
Life is biased and unpredictable, isn't it? Some of us are unprevilidged to be born with medical conditions and some may develop theirs with age or maybe due to mental health issues or accidents. Even if your answer is No, one day you may fall in love with someone that will sometime reveal his/her medical condition to you that he/she has HIV, other Stds, cancer, epilepsy etc or maybe you dating someone that suddenly develops a medical condition maybe due to stress, anxiety, depression or accident like fireburn, animal/insect bite, car accident etc. In this instances, what are your stakes on still maintaining the relationship? Or you come across someone who has stroke, paralysed, having skin problems etc. Would you accept the person ?? I'm always scared of being with someone who has HIV maybe due to ignorance on how to live with someone with HIV.

The financial liability is usually high, it's better to just walk away from a relationship with such a person if you can

2 Likes

Re: Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? by chukwuibuipob: 5:20am On Sep 29, 2020
I have seen cripple build house here in lekki.Plan ,Wisdom and work is it.As long as ur head head is intact,not cut off,u can still make it in life.It is ur physical outlook dat is disable not ur spiritual.
SavageResponse:

The financial liability is usually high, it's better to just walk away from a relationship with such a person if you can
Re: Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? by chukwuibuipob: 5:25am On Sep 29, 2020
Everything God made is/was good...
Re: Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 29, 2020
SavageResponse:

hmm
Re: Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 29, 2020
Mood11:
After reading this post it seemed to me like OP was either born with a health condition or suddenly contracted one like the HIV he mentioned severally..

Whatever the case is,
I think whoever is going into any form of relationship should be able to think things through because anything could happen after you have said yes to your perfect taste of a man or woman.
clap for yourself
Re: Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? by dingbang(m): 6:01am On Sep 29, 2020
Just last week, a friend of mine who was hale and hearty without any medical condition died as a result of fatal accident.

One thing we should all bear in mind that life is and will never be a bed of roses, thorns can always come. It is this sacrifices that we do, the understanding and the long suffering that gives us blessings in the afterlife.

P:s, my comment may not make sense to you now, but later in life, it will.
Re: Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? by Lightangel65: 8:15am On Sep 29, 2020
IntersexSherry:
Its ok to date someone with a certain disability, i don't really know but i always get a natural instinct to protect them
Re: Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? by Kemblaze: 11:06am On Sep 29, 2020
This has always been my fear cause i was unfortunate to be born with a health condition most before i was told i had the health condition i had a Girlfriend ( never had sex tho cause im kind of a crazy guy) after i found out i made up my mind not to date anymore, my fear is that i might not get married but asides that im doing very well have a good job also starting up my own company.

health condition is not a problem just take ur medication the problem starts when u start thinking about the condition.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date Someone With Medical Conditions? by cooooooks(m): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2020
Date people for people not their condition.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Real Reason Men Love Breast / How Did Our Forefathers Do It? / Wish A Nairalander A Merry Christmas..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.