Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me (49717 Views)

I Just Had My 4th Child At 26 / My Husband Flogs Me / Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Xcrapeekoko(m): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
MrsRighteousness:
Proverb 29vs 15 The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left undisciplined brings his mother to shame.
Proverb 13vs 1 A WISE son heeds [and is the fruit of] his father's instruction and correction, but a scoffer listens not to rebuke.
Proverb 13vs24 Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.

And the Bible said a 26 year old is still a child
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Pharovo(m): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

You know you cannot be right all the time yea? You’re just being stupid this time around.

A father flogging his son at 20 is rubbish, not to talk about a man of 26. Wetin he thief?

You’ve been shouting discipline all evening, what we are concern about here is the path of discipline taken. What happens to other forms of discipline. You carry cane dey flog a 26 year old man because e go watch a football game. OP call me make we get one on one shebi na warri you dey. Your father don beat cold enter your bother you come docile. Next na your wife go come dey sanction you onto say you be weakling.

This righteousness guy you need better beat walahi

10 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:

in my area, girls watch football match also.
What percentage compared to the men? How many watch football matches out that late? That's not the main point. So far, without looking at my username, has anything revealed my gender to you?

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Rugaria: 10:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
Indaboski Daddy...

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by molbic(m): 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:

That’s good.

You are 26, your father should accord you some respect. Flogging you like a kid should come with Resistance. You’re in your father’s house, when next your father misbehaves, tell him to move to his fathers‘ house.
Hahahahaha laf wan tear ma BELLE

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Prechgold1180(m): 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
ehix89:
Where were you @ 26, someone is sliding into depression and all you could do is give him a leeway and push him down with no iota of sympathy.
dere are somethings that sounds stupid

U reason at 26 d father still usses cane on him

Dat bcus d guy is a burden

Nigerians mk unah tell dat guy d truth

E Should get out of dat his hustle for himself

4 years from now e would clock 30

Still receiving strikes from p man
Dat s rubbish
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by hstar: 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
mrblessed:
What do you benefit cancelling the comment of someone just because it doesn't sit well with you? This graveyard has become a stronghold for people who can't accept divergent or conflicting views without throwing tantrum. Note that the correct rendering of this sentence is: "If I were your father, I will cane you for uttering this."
I learnt from your statement, thanks
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Drizzy5001(m): 10:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
Bros you are too docile, that is why he is still controlling you like a kid. At 26 kai!...
I dey change am for my dad steady!!! , to the extent that he once threatened that he won't pay my school fees again... he can't dare to flog me, but that doesn't mean that i won't respect him, and do what is right.
If your dad stopped you from watching ball in a viewing centre it could be because of the security challenge in ur environment, which is for ur own good, but na for that flogging own wey i no go gree.. it's high time u man up o.

2 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by EleventhWeirdo: 10:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
mrblessed:

Lol
Your statement should be written thus: "The statement correctly goes: "If I were your father, I will cane you." As you can see, there is no need to put a comma in the front and back of the word "correctly."

Will, not would, is the correct word because it is a direct speech, not a reported speech.

Thank you
"would" is the appropriate word. The rule of concord dictates that "would," as a past tense, correspond with "were" as another past tense. You can read it up. Report or direct has nothing to do with this.

Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Humanoid01(m): 10:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

You are Shifting the Bar Sir!
As Long as you are under your Parents roof , they've Every Right to Discipline you when you Mess up.

When you Go to your own house, if your Parents come to flog you, then you know it's a Problem..

If the young man had a Problem with the police or Something, who will bear the whole problem?

Let's be Reasonable! We are Africans! We are not Europeans or Americans..

You don't mess up under your Parents and say you 26 yrs or 34 yrs! That's Thrash!
The problem isn't the discipline, the problem is the method used. You only flog a child because counselling them is almost always futile. When you flog a child, it leaves a trace of caution in them, even though it doesn't always last. Cane is the language most stubborn children understand.

For an adult [26 years old in this case] who should know the difference between right and wrong, there are mature ways to discipline them, especially when you are still responsible for them. Flogging them only depicts that you do not value them, and that's harsh and utterly disrespectful. There are ways to discipline an adult, and flogging is most certainly not ideal sir.

6 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Angelfrost(m): 10:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
Acidosis:
If you were my child, I'll also whoop your arse until you cry like a baby. Don't take stup!d risks in another man's home. It is very very unfair.

If you were in my area last night, you'll probably be cooling off in SARS or DSS cell this minute. Some cult boys decided to count scores last night and SARS ensured they cleared the entire neighborhood. Of course, innocent ones like you who went to "watch match late in the night" were arrested.

Don't put your parents and guidance through unecessary fear. If anything happens to you, the world will blame your father.

Blame on his father??! At 26??!... Do you even know the meaning of 26?!!

No one... Not even an idiot, will blame anyone for whatever befalls a 26 year old adult, when he is not imbecilic or mentally incapacitated.

7 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by chloride6: 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
Your Father is your Father! He can correct as he wants !
My GrandFather Dealt with his sons who Where Married..
More so when you are still under his Roof!

Thank God for this post.

I used to believe you were at least sane but now I have co confirmed that you are actually mad...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Ybaby: 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
situationreport:
Please is there anyone else experiencing what I'm passing through now, because it's making me sad and depressed I can't believe my dad still whips me at my age.. I don't want to confront him because, he's still my father even though I feel gutted for his actions

Yesterday I went to watch liverpool vs Arsenal match in a viewing center, and came back late at night by 9:55 pm, As soon as I came in, he was still awake in the parlor, what he did next was to use the cain he hid to start whipping me...i think is because I'm still living with him, at my age with no meaningful contribution right now, that's why

I have no where to go to, It seems I'm now a burden to them in our house...because I 'm currently jobless now and unemployed for six months now, due to this pandemic... I was initially working in the hospitality industry as a waiter, but was laid off at the beginning of the covid-19 pandemic, ever since then things have gone from bad to worse for me..... I'm broke to hell at the moment

I'm seriously depressed, I just wish I could relocate far away and look for something else to do, and fix my life back, but no where to go, I don't have anyone to help... � May God forgive me if I can't bear this anymore....

You are eating free food, no job but you can watch football match.

If you donot like the treatment then move out...

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Organs(m): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
midehill:

Just ignore d guy Mr righteousness...

What are you talking about. @Mindlog is way more brilliant and on point than that your Righteousness89. You should tell Mindlog to ignore Righteousness89, because Righteousness89 does not come close to Mindlog intellectually speaking.

3 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by 2Ways(m): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
fatymore:
Please don't drag righteousness89 too much.

Me think this one is an imposter not the real one

he is the real one
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
it could be that your father is not impresed with your too easy going/docile nature. flogging you at 26 is not a miscalculation. rather a calculated attempt to get u ANGRY and a little bit harsh and mean. need these qualities to be able to thrieve in the society where bullying the weak is the order of day. no strong man father wil be proud of a weak son .

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by SPOLO(m): 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
I just pray you don't end up being too depressed.
E go soon click for you soon, just keep trying but your Dad is funny sha!!

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Ablesam171: 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
Uniquewise:
@Righteousness89, pls let go this argument because you're so wrong on this. Sometimes it's better to be silent, especially on a matter you obviously have no full understanding, like this one.

And - the father of OP is absolutely wrong to keep beating his full grown 26yrs son, regardless of his justification for doing so. For one, that man is unwittingly putting himself at risk of being hurt the day his son fails to reign in his anger and built up resentment at such shoddy treatment. I am the mother of an adult son and I had to learn to control my quick reflexes of hitting my son, when he started putting up resistance against such from me from the age of 16! Now, I talk to him, advice him, (and I found these to be more effective); but hit him? Never again! Parents, especially African parents should stop bullying their children, period.

you're very right ma, My mum stopped hitting me when I started resisting her slaps i even told her that she should stop it that I'm an adult, I remember the last time my mum tried to beat me (funny enough I was already in the higher institution) she noticed some form of resistance from me (though she knows that I'll never disrespect her).
Op when next your dad tries that bs please put up some resistance (please don't fight him), let him know that you're grown up, him beating you at 26 is not good for you esteem.

6 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by MrHandsome2013: 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
situationreport:

No, actually I haven't, I have no clue about that, I'm not the only child..
Where do you stay in delta
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Righteousness89(m): 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
Chidorx60:
I had to check your profile to be sure if this is the real Righteousness89 and honestly I was shocked by the way you replied this people....sir although I agree partially with your views I still feel you went too far in the way you conveyed your opinion ...the way you bantered words and even canceled the post of those that did not agree with yours seemed alien from what I will expect the Online preacher to do....sir you are an inspiration to many of us who gave up preaching on Nairailand due to oppositions and I believe you should strive to Maintain that image....I respect you alot sir...and I know you too are human and can get pissed off too...but please don't lead your emotions get the best of you...keep paying the sacrifice of patience as you reach out to souls on social media ....God bless you.

My Dear! You don't need all these talks !

What did I do Wrong? What do you mean by Banter!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Drizzy5001(m): 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
Greatfullheart:
Mehn similar thing with me oh. @24 i get spanked and beaten and i dont dare go out of the house not to even talk going to see a friend, my school are afraid to come and visit me at home cause my ex soldier father and my mother are strict they think all the people in my area are spoilt. I went to higher institution(auchi poly) in 2016 oh boy dem wan kill me wit carryover. Now am a dropout and my parent vowed neva 2 waist their money sendin me 2 school that i should go and learn work, am the last born of 8, 7 of my siblings who are graduate.
which course did u study there?
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by LikeAking: 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
Angelfrost:

I'm quite sure Mr. Greene never used those very or exact words!!! undecided

He did.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Peterosky(m): 10:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

I am very Sorry for Replying u!
I thought you were a Reasonable young man..
.Next time, if you don't have anything to contribute,Just keep quiet. How can you justify the beating of a 26 year old as discipline? even the Bible you claim to preach on every thread says you should train up a child (not adult) in a way he should go so that when he grows up (to adulthood) he should not depart from the lord. At age 26 the best the father should do is to advise and not beat. If you support a man beating his son at age 26,then I am afraid you must be a wife beater after all you will also want to discipline your wife too.

18 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by inumidun2010(m): 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
chloride6:

Thank God for this post.

I used to believe you were at least sane but now I have co confirmed that you are actually mad...

Easy does it... Please don't use derogatory remarks... Reserve it for POLICE....

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by ronyman(m): 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
"May God forgive you if you can't bear this" like you wanna commit suicide. I can't judge you cos I know it's been hell. Are you a student or have you graduated? If yes go back to school perch with any of your friends. Talk to your dad or show him an aggressive/Male side of you. Plan to leave that place and you're gonna get something to do. Look for a friend or relative and go to his house so you can think,but talk to your papa, him de Bleep up even u sef
situationreport:
Please is there anyone else experiencing what I'm passing through now, because it's making me sad and depressed I can't believe my dad still whips me at my age.. I don't want to confront him because, he's still my father even though I feel gutted for his actions

Yesterday I went to watch liverpool vs Arsenal match in a viewing center, and came back late at night by 9:55 pm, As soon as I came in, he was still awake in the parlor, what he did next was to use the cain he hid to start whipping me...i think is because I'm still living with him, at my age with no meaningful contribution right now, that's why

I have no where to go to, It seems I'm now a burden to them in our house...because I 'm currently jobless now and unemployed for six months now, due to this pandemic... I was initially working in the hospitality industry as a waiter, but was laid off at the beginning of the covid-19 pandemic, ever since then things have gone from bad to worse for me..... I'm broke to hell at the moment

I'm seriously depressed, I just wish I could relocate far away and look for something else to do, and fix my life back, but no where to go, I don't have anyone to help... � May God forgive me if I can't bear this anymore....

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
I wanted to say you are a mumu man, but I don't know what to type. oboy give your pman voice and look for a job ooo
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Organs(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
Acidosis:
If you were my child, I'll also whoop your arse until you cry like a baby. Don't take stup!d risks in another man's home. It is very very unfair.

If you were in my area last night, you'll probably be cooling off in SARS or DSS cell this minute. Some cult boys decided to count scores last night and SARS ensured they cleared the entire neighborhood. Of course, innocent ones like you who went to "watch match late in the night" were arrested.

Don't put your parents and guidance through unecessary fear. If anything happens to you, the world will blame your father.

Keep quiet, why is the dad not providing TV and subscription in the house? Nonsense. It is not people with your mindset he needs advice from. You yourself need a 20 year old to advise you so please keep quiet when men are talking.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Babysuccess02(f): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
I actually don't support his actions but please you're still under his roof and I know it's not your fault. Please just try and do your best by coming home early.

2 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by LikeAking: 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
PresidentJosh20:

when he eventually kill his old man,will you be available to dig his grave? undecided.Nonsense!

These are not my words.

Read the 48 laws of power.

I belive the author doesnt mean killing,but falling of such a fadas hands.

Him papa don cross boundary.

After all nobody will miss him.

2 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by 0neal(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
light099:

Since, you're yet to clock the criteria of an adult, the only choice left is to continue enjoying the ass whooping, while you work hard in order to gather enough escape velocity to break away from all the gravity of joblessness, grounding your ass in your parents' house.

grin grin grin

Interesting physics analogy

3 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by holyghost(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ordinarily I won't comment on this issue but because many may have similar issues so I'll do some justice.

1 at your age you are way above such treatment unless your father did not do his job well in raising up properly. To punish or beat a stubborn child starts and end from 4years to 12years at worst 14years. Because by that age a normal and even a stubborn child must have understood life value and acceptable social balance (like not picking fights easily, pocket lifting stealing low life lies chasing after girls for sex, smoking, and folding or submitting to ego and peer measures of pressures like smoking, cultism, gang membership.
2. You failed to display maturity and self discipline in your manner and behaviour.

3. You are still a child in his eyes because you don't sit and discuss real issue like a man that you have become. But do have such time with your mom and get free food like a child that you still are.
What made you go watch match in viewing center? When you have so much to think about. If you work hard enough and with little luck you can achieve a viewing center your self. That should be your mentality at this age. "How do I own my business"

4. Go out to look for menial jobs, like laundry, labourer, Hawking small wares like fruits, stockings or whatever that sales fast in your state towns.

These are just small ways to stay active and earn pocket money while you hunt for a better Job or save enough to learn a proper skill or build a small business, like hair cut shop, small electrical shop even on wheel barrow or push-truck, all this you can start with as littles as 75k. And make like 1,500 to 2500 a day depending on your entrepreneurial skill and luck.
No one will lower you, unless you lower yourself when you have nothing to offer. So when you make your money be humble and know your limits and place in the society then demand your respect in like manner.

Go the right pastors for prayers and be prayerful yourself then face life like a man.
Like Joseph, Jacob, David, Solomon, they ware nobody but prayer and self discipline got them to the top. The same God, the same world, the same land, the same sun and moon nothing has changed God still do it for you and anyone with prayerful soul and self determined to grow and achieve.

Work, work, work, work hard for it! In fact work harder for it. Only when you have respect will you understand the value of been independent as the captain of your (ship/life).
God help you. Wake up early your morning start now!

18 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / Child Molestation - I Was Molested Twice As A Kid / Nigerian Man, His Oyinbo Wife And Their 4 Kids In Matching Outfits Family Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.