Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

A Call For The Abolition Of Agbero On The Road And Market Dues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call For The Abolition Of Agbero On The Road And Market Dues (220 Views)

The Menace Of Agbero In Lagos / APC Backs Sanwo-Olu On Abolition Of Pension Payment To Tinubu, Fashola, Others / 2023: Igbo Youths Reply El-rufai On The Abolition Of Zoning System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Call For The Abolition Of Agbero On The Road And Market Dues by AristocraticMe: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
Yesterday i created a thread which i believe drew the attention of FIRS, some people understood my views while some people did not.... For those that did not, it is not their fault , the system is broken and corruption is now a normal thing. Even the Judicial system is corrupt, There is no dividend of democracy of such, Misappropriation of funds and reckless abuse of power is the order of the day.

But i know one thing. Knowledge is Power, we as a people must start to do the right not for us only but the our children and children unborn. We must make the system right.
The leaders wont do it...…. Do you think they will …. No ?

Let me share a story with you.

In Canada in the 1950s, they police in a certain state were the least paid and that area was the most dangerous, they have written to the government times without number to increase their pay but the government refused.
Guess what ? On a very day all the police men in that state, left their precinct (Police Station) and walked away..... that day there was so much looting and vandalism that the government had to beg them to come back and and they also increased their salary

My point.............The Government will not do the right thing except the citizens know their right and fight for it.

The Next Stop is to fight for the abolition of Agbero on the road and Market Dues. TAXES must be paid base on your income. not a flat rate of whether you made sale or not you must pay (That is extortion) .

Agberos collect money whether they remit it or not nobody knows........... that system must be corrected.. things must be done the right way.. LIRS or FIRS must set a system where artisans should be able to pay tax and get a tax receipt that can used in banks and other government or financial agencies.

It is a long walk to rightness, but it will be worth it.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria @60: Who Else Is Still Waiting For Message From Banks, MTN, Airtel Etc?? / No One Really Representing North, South Or East. Everyone Is For Themselves / Osinbajo Responds To #endsars After To Meeting With Police IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.