Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) (25613 Views)

Miss Of The Year: Aubameyang Fails To Score Open Goal Vs Benfica (Photos, Video) / Tottenham Complete Loan Signing Of Vinicius From Benfica With £41Million / Real Madrid Unveil Luka Jovic After Signing For £62m From Frankfurt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Angelfrost(m): 10:11am On Sep 30, 2020
donMIG:
This man sef don tire me!

Is the coach fading out?

Can't really blame him... Clubs are getting more proficient and devastating in their attacking patterns! Take a look at what West Brom and Brighton did to legends like Chelsea and Man United last weekend... Shall we talk about the dangerous form of Leeds United??!
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by ejanla077: 10:13am On Sep 30, 2020
Pls what exactly have arteta done as a coach to deserve all the mention..

I don't want anyone talk about winning Fa cup..
Roberto martinez won it wit Wigan athletic..

Harry redknapp won it wit Portsmouth
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Alaga2222(m): 10:17am On Sep 30, 2020
Mancity go kill person this season too

IP Vanish Premium Nord VPN Express VPN
all available with sure login
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by pandabet(m): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2020
kenzysmith:
pep is a fraud just wasting man city money they should appoint Mikel arterta to take over
to take over were
re u ok

arteta shud go to man u

we in mancity re ok wit pep
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Tamel(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Funny how people suddenly rate arteta over pep lol, are you guys for real?!

Some even mentioned mourinho haba.
Even if una wan hate, hate with sense.

Jurgen klopp is the best BTW grin

YNWA.
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by pandabet(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2020
kenzysmith:
pep is a racist the only reason he pull out of koudibaly because he is black African believe me
is Mendy not black
is starling not black
is fernandinho no black

or u re just quoting cus u want to quote

1 Like

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Reference(m): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2020
olisaEze:
Everyone is adding to their squad, preparing for a tough season ahead. Man U is busy sleeping on the bicycle. undecided

Jadon Sancho fetish....when you believe an average but overrated player is messiah...you get fixated like a deer caught in bright headlights.

1 Like

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Onlinesmart: 10:27am On Sep 30, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Lol. The likes of Ancelloti, Arteta and even Zidane ( I may be wrong about this somehow, but it's justified) will laugh at you for saying this.

Evenn Klopp wouldn't beat his chest to sadly he's better.

Just keep your hate inside your pocket and don't let it kill you.
Klopp is better. He's proven it times without number. Go check matches stats played between klopp and pep. Klopp made us appreciate dortmurd and Liverpool. His signatures are always on point. Look at that jota he bought from wolves, same as Thiago. He bought mane, Salah, chambo, alisson, van dirk, matip, karius (the only flop), shaqiri, Robertson, keita, fabinho, etc.
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by maestro299: 10:28am On Sep 30, 2020
kenzysmith:
pep is a racist the only reason he pull out of koudibaly because he is black African believe me
Lol. You people and inferiority complex sef...
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by vincentus16: 10:28am On Sep 30, 2020
pandabet:
is Mendy not black
is starling not black
is fernandinho no black

they don't get it. I think Napoli ruled out selling koulibaly. and Napoli is in form too. so they want to know what they will achieve this season with their players. they recruited this summer. people are getting it wrong. its not racism stuff
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Rigel95(m): 10:33am On Sep 30, 2020
I had to login to say this.
Some people just have mental issues, I mean how can you be comparing the likes of Nagelsmann, Hansi Flick, Nuno Espirito dos Santos to Guardiola, I mean these are guys whose collective trophy haul cannot match Guardiola.
They are not even comparable in tactical terms. Coaches I can compare to Guardiola based on tactical acumen: Bielsa,Klopp,Allegri,Conte,Tuchel, Luis Enrique.
I mean did you guys start watching soccer two years ago

2 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Rigel95(m): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2020
pandabet:
is Mendy not black
is starling not black
is fernandinho no black

And to imagine 13 people liked his post.
People are dumb Kai!
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by donMIG(m): 10:40am On Sep 30, 2020
Angelfrost:

Can't really blame him... Clubs are getting more proficient and devastating in their attacking patterns! Take a look at what West Brom and Brighton did to legends like Chelsea and Man United last weekend... Shall we talk about the dangerous form of Leeds United??!

At a time bro
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by donMIG(m): 10:42am On Sep 30, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Lol. The likes of Ancelloti, Arteta and even Zidane ( I may be wrong about this somehow, but it's justified) will laugh at you for saying this.

Hate?
I just wan speak my mind... I actually like pep I just don't like the way he spends n gets trashed 5-2 in the ethihad by a team that sold a few (good) players
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by fourboys: 10:42am On Sep 30, 2020
pickatyou2:

You guys expect someone to be perfect all the time.
May be he is just having his bad time but his records speak for him.
his records with money also speaks against him
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by CodeTemplar: 10:42am On Sep 30, 2020
kenzysmith:
Koulibaly is almost 30 years and has no resell value. He can't sell them jerseys like Diaz, and above that the Napoli handlers are known to be rigid while inflating.
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by donMIG(m): 10:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Jafar1:

so u are indirectly telling me wolves coach is better than both guardiola & klopp becos of the given budget??

Pep alone... Klopp did well coaching n building Dortmund he wasn't fund of buying already made players... Nuno Esp. Is just like Klopp when he was in Dortmund... They were fearless
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Reference(m): 10:46am On Sep 30, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

even one?

Let us be honest here. Since leaving Barcelona he has achieved far below expectations. There is not a trophy he's won that was pleasantly surprising. City were already up there winning a couple of trophies before his appointment. It has been three tries at the UCL since then without result, same as in Bayern. He's left and Bayern is playing some of the most outstanding footy seen in recent memory, winning the 'big ears' with aplomb.

Its perhaps too early to say but these insane sums expended on farcical, so called talent smacks desperation and perhaps a doubt in his own abilities to 'cook food at home' rather than feast on dodgy takeaways.

We know the Premiership is super tough to dominate and every soccer philosophy has a 'best before' date but you just have that feeling concerning Pep that he is at his wits end and perhaps the rigours of today's game is beginning to 'flatten his curve'. The Premiership is a grinder.

No matter who leads and what resources a club is able to deploy you will never ever see the dominance of a Juventus, a PSG, a Bayern Munich or an FC Barcelona happening in England.

When clubs dominate at home they are mentally relaxed to face the rigours of Europe, but when you fight devastating battles week in week out trying to put down clubs which have no iota of fear or respect as in the Premiership, you burn out fast. I think if Pep wants to reignite his reputation and perhaps win the UCL he may have to depart England.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by kenzysmith: 10:47am On Sep 30, 2020
pandabet:
is Mendy not black is starling not black is fernandinho no black
black African I mean
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Dellorex(m): 10:50am On Sep 30, 2020
Too expensive
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by temi1290: 10:51am On Sep 30, 2020
Their cup of garri,they should sha release Garcia for us
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by ifeanyija(m): 10:52am On Sep 30, 2020
kenzysmith:
No, why will a 29 years old player be more expensive than a 23 years old player?
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by ifeanyija(m): 10:52am On Sep 30, 2020
kenzysmith:
black African I mean
so black is not black?

1 Like

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by femi4: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2020
Guardiola is always buying
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by femi4: 10:54am On Sep 30, 2020
pandabet:
is Mendy not black
is starling not black
is fernandinho no black

He meant Africans
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by jcross19: 10:59am On Sep 30, 2020
Jafar1:

Can u mention atleast 3 better coaches??

Modified:
Some of u guys mentioning
Hansi flick,
Julian Nagelsmann,
Pochettino, and even
Arteta...

Seems u don't know consistency is also a criteria to consider in determining a better coach...
How many seasons have past without guardiola raising a trophy..
When u are good, people expect u to be surprising them everyday, the same applies to Giardiola..
U expect him to win UCL or treble every season..

Hansi flick won treble doesn't make him better than Guardiola.. something guardiola won long before him..
How many trophies does Hansi flick have to his name?
How many teams has he coached so far?

As for the rest?
what have they even achieved?

Imagine somebody even mentioning arteta..grin

SMH

in fact you sabi!!!!!
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by AnfieldFan: 11:02am On Sep 30, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Klopp took Mainz, a second tier division side that was short on finances to the Bundlesliga and kept them their.. Took a Dortmund team that was rotting in mediocrity all the way to Bundlesliga titles with the then Bayern comprising of the likes of Ribberry and Reuben (with Pep poaching his best players all the time).
What about making Liverpool,a team that had been struggling to qualify for champions league spots,usually finishing 7th, 8th or 9th to English, European and World Champions... Come on man... Nobody's hating... Klopp's better.... If I were to choose a coach better than Klopp in England... It would be Bielsa only...

1 Like

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Angelfrost(m): 11:03am On Sep 30, 2020
psalmuelwater:

Mauricio Pochettino
Chris Wilder
Hansi Flick
Nagelsmann
Brendan Rodgers........you'll notice i didn't put any of klopp, Ancelotti, mou, tuchel etc

Why?!!
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by AnfieldFan: 11:04am On Sep 30, 2020
Angelfrost:

Overrated??! Are you kidding me right now??!... Only his run as Barcelona manager is more than sufficient to eternally erase that ridiculous notion!

I rate Mourinho and Ancellotti ahead of him solely because they have done quite exceptionally well with far less than Pep can, has, or could ever manage.

Klopp took Mainz, a second tier division side that was short on finances to the Bundlesliga and kept them their.. Took a Dortmund team that was rotting in mediocrity all the way to Bundlesliga titles with the then Bayern comprising of the likes of Ribberry and Reuben (with Pep poaching his best players all the time).
What about making Liverpool,a team that had been struggling to qualify for champions league spots,usually finishing 7th, 8th or 9th to English, European and World Champions... Come on man... Nobody's hating... Klopp's better.... If I were to choose a coach better than Klopp in England... It would be Bielsa only...
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by seborrhic: 11:13am On Sep 30, 2020
Almost $1billion spent and counting,yet Guardiola can't beat teams like Sevilla,Tottenham,Lyon in 2nd round and highest quarrter finals of the champions league.
Maybe when Leeds defeat them this weekend is when the eyes of the owners would clear from the jazz Guardiola has used in clouding their senses.
It's like a guy blindly in love with a girl.
Nothing anyone says about the poor attributes of the girl would sway his love,even when she one day attempts to murder him in his sleep,unti she then murders him in her next attempt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria U20 Players Miss Flight Back Home, Insist On Payment Of Bonus / Frank Lampard Returns As Chelsea Manager / Kenneth Omeruo, Taribo West And Daniel Amokachi Have DinnerTogether

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.