Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity (1029 Views)

He Gave Birth To Albinos Because He Refused To Worship His Family's Deity / Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) / Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:52am On Sep 30, 2020
So I woke up to this disturbing news of a mad man who allegedly "arrested" a deity from the Catholic Veneration Museum.

Let us try to save it before he burns or destroys it. This is our spiritual heritage and we must preserve it for future generations.

If anyone is from near the environs , kindly contact him. We may be able to buy it back from him.

Let us not allow miscreants to destroy what is left of our ravaged culture and identity.

Sonmvayina , uzoexcel

A middle-aged man in Nsukka Local Government Area, Enugu State, Nnajiofor Donatus, last Saturday singled-handedly ‘arrested’ a deity which he claimed had been tormenting the entire community for a long time and making his honey business crash.

Nnajiofor, who hails from Ibeku Opi community in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State, said that he was encouraged to remove the deity by a stronger force from above, as it had rendered many people from the community useless, thrown many out of business and tied up many girls of the community from getting married.

He said that the deity was responsible for poverty level of Ibeku Opi, adding that he crashed out of his thriving honey business in Nnewi, Anambra State, and returned home empty-handed.

Vanguard spoke with Nnajiofor at St. Theresa’s Catholic Cathedral before Nsukka Urban Police Division took him away with the deity for further interrogation.

Within the short period of chatting with him over the arrest of the deity, Donatus exhibited violent tendencies.

However, the security officer at the cathedral, who would not want his name in print, said he was frightened at the sight of the man and the deity.

He noted that the man was barking and charged to attack anybody that may disturb his gaining entrance to Okunere adoration museum at the cathedral allegedly to liberate Ibeku Opi community out of the fetish powers of the deity.

Contacted for comment over the development, the Administrator of St. Theresa’s Catholic Cathedral, Nsukka, Rev. Fr. Matthew Eze, said the security officer panicked on the development in the cathedral.

He added that he would have contacted any priest in the cathedral to wade in and carry the deity to the museum of Okunere adoration where other deities are kept, rather than inviting the Police straight on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by OVB123: 4:16am On Sep 30, 2020
For this reason, the son of man was made manifest that he may destroy the works of the devil. In the name that is above every other names, you (deity) loose your stronghood over the lives of our people in Jesus name.....
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:20am On Sep 30, 2020
OVB123:
For this reason, the son of man was made manifest that he may destroy the works of the devil. In the name that is above every other names, you (deity) loose your stronghood over the lives of our people in Jesus name.....

Truely you people are no different from boko haram. You will reap what you sow.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Kobojunkie: 5:13am On Sep 30, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
Truely you people are no different from boko haram. You will reap what you sow.
A "mad man" arrested a deity from a catholic museum, and you want to rescue said 'deity' from him why? undecided

Since you inadvertently admit that the 'deity' is powerless in most every way, my question for you is why bother attempting a rescue of such a useless entity? If you had maybe suggested a rescue of a work of art or something along those lines, then I would understand. But calling it a 'deity' and suggesting in the same statement that it needs rescuing causes me to wonder if you are yourself in your right mind. undecided

1 Like

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by judeolokor(m): 5:53am On Sep 30, 2020
Pagan9ja welldone ooooooo u want to save a dirty welldone does this diety have eyes ND legs and hands to help himself I pity uuuu and the people who will respond to your calls this y we keep going backwards in our families what has African dieties done to our family is more harm than good oga go ahead by urself u hear
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by oranget(m): 7:22am On Sep 30, 2020
Dieties are kept inside church cathedral? SMH
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by telkevog(m): 8:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Burn that nonesene to ashes! If it has power, can't it rescue itself?
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 30, 2020
OVB123:

Oga keep quiet your God is as powerless as the trash you just typed

5 Likes

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
A "mad man" arrested a deity from a catholic museum, and you want to rescue said 'deity' from him why? undecided

Since you inadvertently admit that the 'deity' is powerless in most every way, my question for you is why bother attempting a rescue of such a useless entity? If you had maybe suggested a rescue of a work of art or something along those lines, then I would understand. But calling it a 'deity' and suggesting in the same statement that it needs rescuing causes me to wonder if you are yourself in your right mind. undecided

Baba it's been long I heard from you...
Hope you're fine wink

Well, it is part of our history so the said mad man should return back .....it doesn't matter if it's evil or not

1 Like

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 30, 2020
judeolokor:
Pagan9ja welldone ooooooo u want to save a dirty welldone does this diety have eyes ND legs and hands to help himself I pity uuuu and the people who will respond to your calls this y we keep going backwards in our families what has African dieties done to our family is more harm than good oga go ahead by urself u hear

Keep quiet....

At least this deity is visible unlike your God that is scared to come out from the sky

4 Likes

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 30, 2020
telkevog:

How about if I decide to burn your church then let your God come down and save it?

3 Likes

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by OVB123: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2020
Xavfra:

Oga keep quiet your God is as powerless as the trash you just typed
God have mercy on you.
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:26am On Sep 30, 2020
judeolokor:

But your jesus had both hands AND legs. Yet he couldn't save himself from.being strung up and nailed to a wooden cross like a common criminal. Father save me ...save me..

And you dare to equate this dead jewish man to a GOD. Smh*

And the damage your dirty cult has done to the entire world is nothing compared to what anyone has seen. Infact your religion is also responsible for the birth of the islamic death cult called islam; muhammad having gotten his strange ideas from a christian nesotarian monk in the levant.

Abrahamic religions are just satanic.

3 Likes

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:27am On Sep 30, 2020
telkevog:

When your church was burning to ashes in the North, was your deity so powerless that it couldnt rescue its home?

Or when christians are being slaughtered in the North....where is your powerless jew man god?

5 Likes

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:30am On Sep 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The deity is just a ritual object that represents the spirit. This "deity" needs rescuing because it is part of the intangible art and culture of our land. Without these it will be very difficult to resurrect our traditional faiths. As for its power, that will be known by this mans karma. He thinks destroying ths deity will alleviate him from misery but he know nought that the very reason he is miserable is because his community has stopped repaying the spirits their yearly dues. What he is doing will worsen his situation.

3 Likes

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 30, 2020
OVB123:
God have mercy on you.

Keep it for yourself
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by judeolokor(m): 1:22pm On Oct 01, 2020
Xavfra:

Keep quiet....

At least this deity is visible unlike your God that is scared to come out from the sky

yes I will keep quiet and will always do but in the long wrong go ahead and mock yourself keep decieving urself
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by judeolokor(m): 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

But your jesus had both hands AND legs. Yet he couldn't save himself from.being strung up and nailed to a wooden cross like a common criminal. Father save me ...save me..

And you dare to equate this dead jewish man to a GOD. Smh*

And the damage your dirty cult has done to the entire world is nothing compared to what anyone has seen. Infact your religion is also responsible for the birth of the islamic death cult called islam; muhammad having gotten his strange ideas from a christian nesotarian monk in the levant.

Abrahamic religions are just satanic.

wat a life u have enjoyed it
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2020
judeolokor:

yes I will keep quiet and will always do but in the long wrong go ahead and mock yourself keep decieving urself

Pele.....

That's what you think.......

Inshallah when you die and see Allah as the one and only true God, don't be shocked..... kafir
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by judeolokor(m): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2020
Xavfra:

Pele.....

That's what you think.......

Inshallah when you die and see Allah as the one and only true God, don't be shocked..... kafir

ok no wonder u are Moslem well it may shock u that am not biased like you I will not talk bad about ur belief ND religion
but I wish u well ok issha allla
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2020
judeolokor:

ok no wonder u are Moslem well it may shock u that am not biased like you I will not talk bad about ur belief ND religion

But you already talked bad about my belief and religion you cowardly hyppocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 01, 2020
judeolokor:

wink cheesy

Mashallah
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
The deity is just a ritual object that represents the spirit. This "deity" needs rescuing because it is part of the intangible art and culture of our land. Without these it will be very difficult to resurrect our traditional faiths. As for its power, that will be known by this mans karma. He thinks destroying ths deity will alleviate him from misery but he know nought that the very reason he is miserable is because his community has stopped repaying the spirits their yearly dues. What he is doing will worsen his situation.
Wait a second... you do realize that the word 'deity' means god of some kind or form?

What has karma got to do with this story? The object has no power to save itself but it has power to impose suffering and misery on this man as a result of his community not paying some yearly due? undecided
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2020
Xavfra:
Baba it's been long I heard from you...
Hope you're fine wink
Well, it is part of our history so the said mad man should return back .....it doesn't matter if it's evil or not
History? undecided I can understand the object being protected because it is a part of 'history' but not because someone thinks it is some kind of 'deity' that needs rescuing. grin
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
History? undecided I can understand the object being protected because it is a part of 'history' but not because someone thinks it is some kind of 'deity' that needs rescuing. grin

grin grin

sought of grin grin sad grin
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second... you do realize that the word 'deity' means god of some kind or form?

What has karma got to do with this story? The object has no power to save itself but it has power to impose suffering and misery on this man as a result of his community not paying some yearly due? undecided

The object is different from the spirit. The spirit will always remain regardless of whether he destroys the object or not and it will still reuqire what is due to it.

The reason why I called for saving the idol is because this object is part of our history and culture and the treasure our ancestors gave us to venerate the spirits. Once destroyed things will just become more difficult.

The object does not need to save itself because it is an object for our use. It is of little consequence to the spirits.

2 Likes

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
The object is different from the spirit. The spirit will always remain regardless of whether he destroys the object or not and it will still reuqire what is due to it.

The reason why I called for saving the idol is because this object is part of our history and culture and the treasure our ancestors gave us to venerate the spirits. Once destroyed things will just become more difficult.

The object does not need to save itself because it is an object for our use. It is of little consequence to the spirits.
So, since the object is separate from the spirit, then the object can be destroyed without consequence, right?
Oh, now you want to save 'history' too? So what was all that schpeel about Karma and yearly dues for? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
So, since the object is separate from the spirit, then the object can be destroyed without consequence, right?
Oh, now you want to save 'history' too? So what was all that schpeel about Karma and yearly dues for? undecided undecided undecided

What makes an idol different from any other piece of wood or rock is that it has been consecrated to a spirit. Although it is different from the spirit, it belongs to the spirit. Therefore destroying the idol will have worse consequences. The action is hateful and negative. It will have a similar consequence. I hope you understand now.

1 Like

Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
What makes an idol different from any other piece of wood or rock is that it has been consecrated to a spirit. Although it is different from the spirit, it belongs to the spirit. Therefore destroying the idol will have worse consequences. The action is hateful and negative. It will have a similar consequence. I hope you understand now.
The Idol/object in question was confiscated, according to your story, by the catholic diocese, without consequence. The spirit of the idol did absolutely nothing. But then the idol was stolen by this "mad-man", and suddenly here you are in an uproar, crying out that there will be consequences, really? undecided undecided
Re: Any Igbos From Nsukka? Let Us Save This Deity by 1Sharon(f): 1:04am On Oct 03, 2020
judeolokor:

Yeye finish you there. When you die you shall stand before PAN-KU.

The one and only.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Agree That Jesus Is He Who Is To Come, Then You Know Jesus Is God Almight / See How Education Has Hidden And Covered The Natural Laws Of God / Are There Really Atheists On Nairaland? The Idea Is Just Too Foolish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.