Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

PIB Scales First Reading In Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PIB Scales First Reading In Senate (11866 Views)

Bill On Power Rotation Passes First Reading In Senate / Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading / 3 Months Imprisonment For Social Media Offenders - Bill Passes First Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by Doraty1(f): 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
THE Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB 2020( SB.510) was read the first time in the Senate on Wednesday.

With the Bill scaling first reading on the floor of the Upper Chamber, it is a clear indication that the Senate has begun the process of legislative procedure for the passage of the controversial Petroleum Industry Bill.

As part of Business of the Day Wednesday, presentation of the Bill is number two in the day’s Order paper.

The Leader of the Senate, Yahaya Abdullahi, All Progressives Congress, APC, Kebbi North presented the proposed legislation and the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, read the bill for the first time.

In his remarks, the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan directed the Clerk of the Senate, Dauda Ibrahim El- Ladan to ensure that all the Senators must start getting the copies by tomorrow and ensure that they all have them on Tuesday next week.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/breaking-pib-scales-first-reading-in-senate-2/amp/

1 Like

Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by FrankBass281(m): 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2020
make I wait for gospel reading
meanwhile if you need a platform where you can earn by performing
task online check my signature.registration is free
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by Grovemaster: 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by flimzy24: 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by mrdharkchild(m): 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
..... Men, this food sucks.
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by Freeeanijor: 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
The public should have access to the bill also, I want to see something because me self go like chop this oil money oo.
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by Auxtin85(m): 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by gulfer: 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
Doraty1:

https:// THE Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB 2020( SB.510) was read the first time in the Senate on Wednesday.

With the Bill scaling first reading on the floor of the Upper Chamber, it is a clear indication that the Senate has begun the process of legislative procedure for the passage of the controversial Petroleum Industry Bill.

As part of Business of the Day Wednesday, presentation of the Bill is number two in the day’s Order paper.

The Leader of the Senate, Yahaya Abdullahi, All Progressives Congress, APC, Kebbi North presented the proposed legislation and the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, read the bill for the first time.

In his remarks, the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan directed the Clerk of the Senate, Dauda Ibrahim El- Ladan to ensure that all the Senators must start getting the copies by tomorrow and ensure that they all have them on Tuesday next week.
www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/breaking-pib-scales-first-reading-in-senate-2/amp/
@Boldedned, as if they can all read angry angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by donbrowser(m): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
Damn
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by Hambivert: 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
Sparogatively, this is one of the oldest bill that has been going back and forth in the legislature. One setback to another has always hampered it.

Is it time now its passed into law?

Anyways, na NEPA bill matter concern me now!

NLC and TUC are a bunch of... lipsrsealed.

Make I no talk before them say na hate speech

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
First reading means nothing.

Ever bills passes the first reading easily.

The bill is still in the lower house(house of rep) after second and third reading, it goes to the upper chamber for another debate then sent to the presidency for signature

Since the bill is sponsored by the presidency, it will move fast throw the lower and upper house.
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by Youright: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
FTC huzlers sad sad

Anyway likes for me

Share for them undecided undecided
Ofjik8517:
Are you still struggling on making  funds to pay bills? are you looking for Passive Income or a way on how to Invest your Funds without Stories?

This management platform that provides a wide range of financial services.which includes interests across foreign exchange,crypto(BTC , ETH) trading, transportation...We believe in the creation of multiple income streams for sustainable wealth.

Join today and start making extra money daily on your secured Dashboard,if Interested visit the website

WEBSITE
W W W. H E R O S P H E R E. C L U B

Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by wonuks(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
cool
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
Nonsense
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by socialmediaman: 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
Is the tyrant still president?

1 Like

Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by GallantDuke(m): 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
Nonsense bills that won't have any positive impact on the citizens
All what our lawmakers knows is to share money and nothing else
Ahmed Lawan own na to just dey hit the stamp dey go after the 'Yes and Nay' votes by the senators. I prefer Bukola Saraki to that man

1 Like

Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by senderfac3: 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
Great. Lets Wait And See The Outcome
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by kayusely70(m): 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
Lets Wait And See The Outcome
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by Elvictor: 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
the only good news that should be coming from this useless country called Nigeria is division, nothing less and nothing more

2 Likes

Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by crossfm: 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
Always passing bill with nothing to show for.

The funny thing is that Mr lawal with just stamp it without even reading the content.

This 4 + 4 come be like 100 +100,e no da finish at all.

1 Like

Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by fdigital(m): 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2020
What is the true benefit of this bill to the common man on the street
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by Antoeni(m): 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2020
The only bill I need now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by EllemGiggy: 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
Can someone explain what the bill is about and to average Nigerian benefits
Re: PIB Scales First Reading In Senate by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
THESE COWS ARE BUSY READING BILL WITHOUT ANY GOOD REFINERY, SHAME ON YOU AND YOUR CELEBRATION OF 60 YEARS OF NO VISION AND IF NIGERIA REFUSE TO CHANGE THEIR USELESS ORIENTATION BY COLLECTING MONEY BEFORE VOTE ALL OF YOU SHALL PAY FOR IT, NO MAGIC WILL SAFE NIGERIA _ __NO LEADERS WITHOUT FOLLOWER_ ____BUT I BLAME THE USELESS FOLLOWER WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN THEIR CHILDREN FUTURE

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern CAN Reaffirms Opposition To APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Wike Warns PDP - Nobody Should Call My Name If You Lose This Election / PDP Wants Fashola Impeached Over Tolls On Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.