Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps (22207 Views)

Shell To Cut 20% Of Jobs In Some Oil And Gas Divisions / Top 5 Websites To Find Foreign Remote Jobs As A Nigerian / 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Ijaya123: 7:17pm On Sep 30, 2020
I don't envy Dangote right now.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Joker09(m): 7:18pm On Sep 30, 2020
tafat:
na wa o, so na so 9000 people loose their jobs?

Sad part is Nigeria na one chance, once u lose job, to get replacement no be beans.

Ppl will go back to village, yahoo rate go increase, ppl will start business by force.

3 Likes

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by mamatwiny(f): 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
Drivers were the first to go. Lots of ogas now work from home, so nobody to drive.

God will help us.

2 Likes

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by blacknp(m): 7:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
bobokeshington:
BUHARI IS A FAILURE
Pot calling kettle black, What an irony?

1 Like

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by blacknp(m): 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ijaya123:
I don't envy Dangote right now.
Believe me, you need your sympathy more for yourself, Alhaji Dangote is alright.

3 Likes

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Thinkfree(m): 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2020
Gkay1:
it is well, the way things are going now in this country, I think it is time for breakup. let divide this country now. nothing is working well and every blessed day, we encounter new and different challenges.
just imagine 9000 workers to be dropped. how will they cope.
if Nigeria breaks up today, do you think there will be enough jobs in your dream country? Shell is cutting 9000 jobs globally but you are here saying Nigeria should be broken because of that. The whole world is facing an increasing number of unemployment should we break up the globe.
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 30, 2020
I pity the parasitic hausa fulani oliga that are busy populating Northern Nigerian petroleum corporation with descendants of sheikh othman Dan fodio.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Thinkfree(m): 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2020
Godlylifeoneart:
I pity the parasitic hausa fulani oliga that are busy populating Northern Nigerian petroleum corporation with descendants of sheikh othman Dan fodio.
In this very situation the Niger deltans will be affected most because the numbers of hausa/ fulanis working with shell are fraction compared to your sinless southern brothers.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by payloader(m): 8:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
And our leaders are busy looting our dwindling resources, instead of looking for ways to diversify. I always knew it will come to this

1 Like

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by APOSTLECHUMA: 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
THINGS WILL KEEP GETTING BAD GLOBALLY UNTIL PEOPLE WILL START CURSING THEIR DAYS OF BIRTH AND EVEN OPENING CURSING GOD FOR BRINGING THEM INTO THIS WORLD. THE ONLY WAY OF ESCAPE IS CHRIST AS GOD IS READY TO ROCK AND BLAST THIS SIN CURSED GENERATION.
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Klass99(f): 8:14pm On Sep 30, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
bobokeshington:
BUHARI IS A FAILURE
..waiting concern buhari and shell...
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by millionboi2: 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
mikkywebs:
E don bos! White collar job how far?

Don't go picking money. See how best you make it.

Write to dailyincompay [at] gmail dot com
how does this work
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by micflo28(m): 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
You mean people who are already made. Most of them now have strong businesses to support them. Pick our calls that are looking for even a year stint with you.
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by bayelsaowei(m): 9:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
This was already in the offing. The sound of inevitability..

Will our coconut head country learn from the current realities??

No they won't and no they can't because we are cursed..

1 Like

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by JustforMen: 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
Because they need staff strength to execute projects that were delayed or postponed... they make more money executing exploration and production projects.
tot:

Why should they add more jobs when their profits increase? If you were a business owner, would you add more jobs or reinvest into your business?
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by JustforMen: 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
e go start from now gradually gradually till e reach to 2022

Klass99:
If it's happening in 2022, as the report says, why announce it now?

I don't get the eagerness to publicize an event scheduled two years from now.

Are they implying things won't turn around for good within the next 2 years?
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
bobokeshington:
BUHARI IS A FAILURE
.... Buhari is the Coronavirus that determines GLOBALCRUDE OIL price abi ? undecided undecided undecided

VERY SOON YOU GO GIVE YOURSELF HYPERTENSION OF BUHARI MATTER WEY YOU CARRY PUT FOR YOUR HEAD !

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2020
moralistic:
..waiting concern buhari and shell...
Lef de Mumu ! Na mumurism dey worry am grin grin grin
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Klass99(f): 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Pickmeupng: 10:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
happy20:
sad i heard this rumour some months back. I never knew it was really true

Get a custom built website for 8500 . This covers cost of domain, hosting & business mails.
phone number

1 Like

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Beautyaddy: 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
Very Good News for Nigerians.

Please Shell Bring it on Very Quickly.
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Codes151(m): 10:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
BigSarah:
When will the water of some Niger delta communities get cleaned?...
when oils is no more valuable.

Our water will have rest
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Earnonline7: 10:39pm On Sep 30, 2020
Oh
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by seguno2: 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
Gerrard59:
You're right but expecting those technologies to be readily available in places with increasing population does not add up. Nigeria would be more populated than Japan, France and Germany combined in less than twenty years, is it hydrogen or electric vehicles that would be on her roads? The way Asian countries notably China and India contributed to oil's importance will happen by African countries.

Are you assuming that Africans will work as hard and smart as the Asians to pay for vehicles and the fuel?
I don’t think so, at least currently.
Meanwhile China is moving quickly on renewable energy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by meobizy(f): 11:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
Damn, my contract with them na till God knows when then. Who knew I’ll see the day when well paying jobs take losses? I celebrate anyway. My parents were lucky to see this, I’m seeing it and my children plus grandchildren may never experience it.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Gerrard59(m): 5:03am On Oct 01, 2020
seguno2:

Are you assuming that Africans will work as hard and smart as the Asians to pay for vehicles and the fuel?
I don’t think so, at least currently.
Meanwhile China is moving quickly on renewable energy.

embarassed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Ijaya123: 8:05am On Oct 01, 2020
blacknp:
Believe me, you need your sympathy more for yourself, Alhaji Dangote is alright.

You might as well keep your sympathy to yourself with your lack of comprehension. You will surely need it later.
Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 01, 2020
The world is heading to a zero carbon emission by 2030, hence the demand for petrol and crude oil products will decrease drastically,
i dont know if our leaders are thinking about this or they are thinking its covid 19, I wonder when we start thinking about our future and environment in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps by banio: 8:08am On Oct 01, 2020
Shell following the footsteps of Chevron. Other Oil Majors will join soonest.

Is this the first time crude oil price is hovering around $40.

They just discovered that people are sitting at home and field workers are still producing. They just discovered that crude oil job is all about Field Work. So why keep people in Offices. So they use covid-19 as a subterfuge, to sack workers.

They are just so greedy, oil majors, ironically Chevron leads the way.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Graduates in the UK / My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office / Shoprite Workers Embark On Protests In Ibadan, Shut Down Company Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.