Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,399 members, 7,954,579 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) (47901 Views)

Timothy Ray Brown: The First Person Cured Of HIV/AIDS / Paul Arduad, Congolese Gay Dies Of Cancer Of The Anus / I Slept With 180 Prostitutes In 4 Years: Are These Signs & Symptoms Of HIV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 01, 2020
DenreleDave:
undecided

Did I just see cured for HIv?

Does it mean we can all fvck in peace without using any damn rubber....

I have been hoping to go raw in my life, seems this is a better opportunity grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool
It was a complicated process and a by chance stuff, saw it in guiness book of records 2014 edition.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Nobody: 4:38am On Oct 01, 2020
seanwilliam:
Be like cancer worst pass hiv
Imagine being hit by several deadly diseases, that is HIV for you.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by elisho: 6:09am On Oct 01, 2020
something must kill a man
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by elisho: 6:09am On Oct 01, 2020
elisho:
something must kill a man
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by maestro299: 7:20am On Oct 01, 2020
ceaser:

Condoms don't offer protection against all STDs. Pubic Lice and genital warts are just some of those.
That's why I said abstinence remains the best mode of prevention.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Osasnidas(m): 8:50am On Oct 01, 2020
BigSarah:
Get cured of HIV and pick cancer free... Seems like a fair swap...Plus cancer patients get prefential treatment socially

Apparently not, he had both. Treating for the cancer got him cured of the HIV, thats why he got a stem cell transplant in the first place. It was an unexpected occurrance. The stem cell he received produced blood cells that HIV could not infect thats why he was cured. However not all cancer treatment works..
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by alphaNomega: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
omoadeleye:
Maybe the process resulted to cancer

SyberKate:
Let me guess, the HIV cure gave him the cancer which eventually killed him
No. He was being treated for leukaemia (a blood cancer) and got cured of HIV
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by alphaNomega: 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2020
frog12:
the CANCER came back STUBBORN and went to the BRAIN AND SPINAL CORD!

I think cancer cells hold the key to immortality
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by alphaNomega: 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2020
sirtee:
I will.advise everyone to think of what is next after death. Death is inevitable. We must all die whether early or late. What should be Paramount is where will I be heading to. Remember your creator now and give your life to Jesus
Young man, focus on making your life and the lives of others better and stop deluding yourself with religion.
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by omiolota1960(m): 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2020
bi iku ile o pani tode o le pani
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by ceaser: 6:00am On Oct 03, 2020
luvyaself95:

I think cancer is deadly than HIV because HIV does seem to have final stage which cancer has.
cancer is the worst disease for man kind.

Cancer is undesirable, very undesirable. If someone is lucky it may be the mild forms which are treatable. Worst scenarios, it may be the stubborn ones that may not even be discovered early until it has gone into advanced stage.

See that "black panther" guy. A great guy that cancer dealt the blow in his early forties which is even a less common age for that type of cancer - colorectal.

This Berlin patient's type may have been an acute type of heamatological malignancy. The acute ones are more stubborn. There are thousands of Nigerian patients with a type of blood cancer called CML (a chronic type) and are doing extremely fine on special medication
Re: Timothy Ray Brown Dies Of Cancer (First Man Cured Of HIV) by Thunday1005(m): 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
Problem no dey finish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ecoslim: All You Need To Know / Is Tomato Paste Mixed With Cocacola Or Malt A Natural Blood Tonic? (video) / Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.