Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) (44538 Views)

Vintage Nigeria Pre-Independence Photos / President Buhari Opens 9th General Assembly Of African First Ladies In Abuja / Abba Kyari's Arrest, Extradition: FBI Agents Meet Nigeria's Police IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by ntyce(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2020
saaphiere:
Deal with this.

Don't attempt to rewrite history...
Tafawa Balewa was the Prime minister, the number 1 citizen, the head of state.
A president under the parliamentary system is a figure head post.
He is appointed and not elected.

The title of the thread states - first ladies since independence..
Ziks wife wasn't the first lady.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by SlyCharlie(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2020
saaphiere:
Ok sir. Sorry.
No be sorry matter.. It's about getting facts right. This is a public forum. Crosschecking facts is important
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2020
SlyCharlie:

No be sorry matter..
It's about getting facts right.
This is a public forum.
Crosschecking facts is important
Please write WIKIPEDIA to correct it. Thanks.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2020
ntyce:

Ziks wife wasn't the first lady.
bakynes:
Stop with that Nonsense. Haija Telle Tafawa Balewa was also referred to as First lady, why didnt you put up her name?
Oga go to WIKIPEDIA and complain. I wasn't the one who wrote those things. Goodbye. Better still, tell the mods to delete the thread.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by SlyCharlie(m): 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2020
saaphiere:
Please write WIKIPEDIA to correct it. Thanks.
In the intro on Wikipedia it's already stated that with the 1963 constitution, Nigerian practiced a parliamentary system, the Prime Minister was the number one, and the President was a ceremonial role played by the head of the other part of the government coalition at the centre.
It's already stated there.
Nothing to edit!
Read inbetween the fine lines
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2020
SlyCharlie:

In the intro on Wikipedia it's already stated that with the 1963 constitution, Nigerian practiced a parliamentary system, the Prime Minister was the number one, and the President was a ceremonial role appointed by the Prime Minister.
Nothing to edit!
Tell the mods to delete the thread then. Goodbye.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by SlyCharlie(m): 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2020
saaphiere:
Tell the mods to delete the thread then. Goodbye.

Don't be silly.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by misterniyi: 1:54pm On Oct 01, 2020
saaphiere:

The Mama of them all.

Never a dull moment with Mama Peace.

.......His manhood lives on

......Dere is God oooooo!!!!
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by DerideGull(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2020
ntyce:

It was a ceremonial position...

Tafawa Balewa was the leader .

You are one of the idiotic reasons Nigeria is called basket of fools. Tafawa Balewa was not a leader anything. He was not even leader of the party in the coalition government. He was a prime minister like any other ministers during the coalition government. What defined any political position of the era in discuss was Nigerian constitution. There was no place in the constitution a position of ceremonial was written. Azikiwe was the first indigenous Governor-General and President of Nigeria. His presidency was as constitutional as the presidency of Buhari. If your laziness will permit you, I suggest you read the section 85 of 1963 Nigerian constitution which stipulated the positions and authorities of the officials of Nigeria.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by verminnel(f): 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2020
Decryptor:

You obviously need glasses undecided
you need a microscope
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by DerideGull(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
ntyce:

Ziks wife wasn't the first lady

You sounded like a dunce. Who accepts the appointment of the prime minister in a parliamentary system of government. A parliamentary government can be dissolved with mere vote of no confidence and the President will order for new election. Tafawa Balewa was one of the ministers. By the way, you need serious adult education.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by bakynes(m): 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2020
DerideGull:

You are one of the idiotic reasons Nigeria is called basket of fools. Tafawa Balewa was not a leader anything. He was not even leader of the party in the coalition government. He was a prime minister like any other ministers during the coalition government. What defined any political position of the era in discuss was Nigerian constitution. There was no place in the constitution a position of ceremonial was written. Azikiwe was the first indigenous Governor-General and President of Nigeria. His presidency was as constitutional as the presidency of Buhari. If your laziness will permit you, I suggest you read the section 85 of 1963 Nigerian constitution which stipulated the positions and authorities of the officials of Nigeria.
Another Lazy Nigerian Youth arguing what he doesn't know. We practised a Paliamentary system which the British left with us. The Prime minister is the head of Government and he held the number one office in the land just like Boris Johnson is the Prime minister of the United Kingdom today. Presidents are not recognized under Parliamentary system of Govt.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by DerideGull(m): 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2020
SlyCharlie:

In the intro on Wikipedia it's already stated that with the 1963 constitution, Nigerian practiced a parliamentary system, the Prime Minister was the number one, and the President was a ceremonial role appointed by the Prime Minister.
Nothing to edit
!

Absolutely idiotic. I guess it is Wikipedia edited by people in your class of enlightenment. I have a copy of 1963 Nigerian constitution on my table and I would want you state what section had this rubbish you posted as facts.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by adewad13(m): 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2020
saaphiere:
Father Lord, I want to get to this level or even higher than this level. Please take me there in Jesus name Amen. Happy Independence Nairalanders. No matter what you are going through, find some time out today and spoil yourself. God will answer our secret and open prayers. Nigeria shall be great again.

hope your husband is a politician
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by larryking540: 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2020
sapphiere:
Did all these women send their husbands pictures and phone numbers?
have faith
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by DerideGull(m): 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2020
bakynes:

Another Lazy Nigerian Youth arguing what he doesn't know. We practised a Paliamentary system which the British left with us. The Prime minister is the head of Government and he held the number one office in the land just like Boris Johnson is the Prime minister of the United Kingdom today. Presidents are not recognized under Parliamentary system of Govt.

Head of the government does not mean head of state or president of the country or king/Queen of Kingdom. From 1960 to 1965, Nigerian government changed once through election. Tafawa Balewa was lucky his party and coalition partners did not want to change him. Meanwhile Azikwe remained the President of Nigeria, head of state and commander-in-Chief from 1963 to 1966. After 1964 national election, Balewa would have ceased to mean anything to Nigeria if NCNC had decided to form coalition government with AG. In this instance Azikwe would have still remain head of state.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by Wolexdey(m): 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2020
We learn from History... Celebrating the Mothers of our Nation
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by realestate99: 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2020
Hassanmaye:
I cherish Maryam babangida, she is the most beautiful of them all and also who impacted actively in the development of Nigeria by creating alot of programs and addressing women issues. May her soul rest in jannah.
Maryam babangida is not in top 3 from those pictures posted unless you want to go the way of the Almighty English press ( hyping machine).
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2020
Dame! Patience Jonathan
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by bakynes(m): 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2020
DerideGull:

Head of the government does not mean head of state or president of the country or king/Queen of Kingdom. From 1960 to 1965, Nigerian government changed once through election. Tafawa Balewa was lucky his party and coalition partners did not want to change him. Meanwhile Azikwe remained the President of Nigeria, head of state and commander-in-Chief from 1963 to 1966. After 1964 national election, Balewa would have ceased to mean anything to Nigeria if NCNC had decided to form coalition government with AG. In this instance Azikwe would have still remain head of state.
Oga you argue too much, who was seen Meeting Presidents and Prime minister's of other countires?Who was receiving other Head of state of various nations in his residence in Nigeria?Who addressed the whole country on Independence day? Who received the declaration of independence in 1960 from the representative of the queen. Answer Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Prime Minister)

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by CertyAgroAllied: 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2020
Mr Debodimeji01, Sir do you know about Manaraabp loan scheme? It was said to be interest free CBN loan, we registered but haven't gotten any info since then. thanks

I can't comment on that loan thread, I'm being restricted by Nairaland That's why I mention you here.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by SlyCharlie(m): 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2020
DerideGull:

Absolutely idiotic. I guess it is Wikipedia edited by people in your class of enlightenment. I have a copy of 1963 Nigerian constitution on my table and I would want you state what section had this rubbish you posted as facts.
Ok. when you're done barking, run along. Animal
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by durasome(m): 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2020
petengine:

Haha, talk is cheap!
.anything is possible you know?
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by TedLawrence(f): 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2020
How many Igbos?
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by Jman06(m): 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
saaphiere:
Father Lord, I want to get to this level or even higher than this level. Please take me there in Jesus name Amen. Happy Independence Nairalanders. No matter what you are going through, find some time out today and spoil yourself. God will answer our secret and open prayers. Nigeria shall be great again.
So your aspiration in life is to be a so-called first lady How myopic!
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by ntyce(m): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
DerideGull:

Oponu, I guess India's Modi and Angela Merkel are mere ministers and not leaders of their governments.
Who was overthrown in the 1966 coup?
Azikiwe abi?

Alayerada, if you can't lay your facts without name calling you will be served as you brought it.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by ntyce(m): 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
This is a summary of the 1966 coup, was it Zik that was overthrown?

Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by Ratedgang: 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:

What if they did? But it was their husbands who did things their own way.
you are right but I doubt. Except the evil genius himself.... the maradona. IBB.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by Besk: 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2020
saaphiere:

Wao! Been long i read anything positive on nairaland.

God bless you. Thanks for the wonderful prayers.
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by maiiilooo(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2020
No 3. Abacha's wife. It shows clearly that beauty dey fade.... In case u dey reason Beauty first b4 character..
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by Pantoo: 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2020
HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY NIGERIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpcKh_4lO7g
Re: Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) by emmysoftyou: 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Maryam Babangida is easily the finest.
Igbo amaka!
guy u dey lie o, na abacha wife fine pass...
Maryam abacha , check her young age picture... Except u want promote Igbo Amaka slang..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners / Delta APC & PDP Governorship Candidates Ask Obidients To Vote For Them (Photos) / Idris Abolaji Ajimobi Turbaned As Dangatan Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.