Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria (17029 Views)

Independence Day: Osinbajo Makes Prophetic Declarations About Nigeria / Lai Mohammed Sleeping At An Exhibition Ahead Of The 58th Independence Day / 10 Things Saraki Said About Nigeria To Russian Parliament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by youngvikthor(m): 9:06am On Oct 01, 2020
happy independent day nairaland
Nigeria is 60 today drop the good thing you love about your country cheesy

1. It begins with resilience: We have seen it all but when it comes to resilience, Nigerians do not lose their humor, cool and joviality even in the face of hardship.  It is in Nigeria that ugly situations are turned to be dramatic, little wonder we were once called the ‘happiest people on We have seen it all but when it comes to resilience, Nigerians do not lose their humor, cool and joviality even in the face of hardship.  It is in Nigeria that ugly situations are turned to be dramatic, little wonder we were once called the ‘happiest people on earth’.

2. We are gifted and talented: When it comes to talents and brains, we are like number one in the world. This is no exaggeration!! There is no field in this world where we have not made our marks, talk about the prestigious Nobel Prize, sports, the world of blogging and internet, entertainment, politics, medicine, engineering, etc. Just name any field and we would tell the Nigerians who are making waves there.

3. A Country of beauty : Nigeria have a lot of breath taking destinations you can visit that stretches from Lagos Bar Beach to Obudu Cattle Ranch; destinations where you can feel Mother Nature, see rare species of plants and animals and enjoy the beauty of tranquility and tourism.

feel free to add urs

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by meobizy(f): 11:42am On Oct 01, 2020
1. The tropical climate.

2. The fertile land.

3. The lack of natural disasters.

133 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Emerald04(m): 11:43am On Oct 01, 2020
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Emerald04(m): 11:53am On Oct 01, 2020
Sincerely speaking, I'ma just bn hypocrite if I really get to mention three good things I love about this country, but nonetheless, I'll mentioned the 3 things I hate about this country.

1 One Nigeria
3 Sars
2 The Send me 2k urgently babes.

And I'll like to add a bonus point:
Nothing in this world I despise like the Aso rock clown, but I won't mentioned his name, cos of Hate speech and DSS, but Ya'll Gon know the tyrant I'ma talkin about, and if I'm to give you a hint about the tyrant, one dead meat seller use to be his number one follower.

Dear unborn kids, I'll never make the mistake of bringing you up in this shii hole.

67 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Kusheer(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
Nothing special about this country
I don’t even give a shit about the country
I was born in Nairaland
But survive with dollar

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Authority1o1(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
Okay...

Let me begin with:
1. Availability of natural president.( not resources)
One dies and another is provided immediately that even the citizens won't notice because of the speed of replacement.

2. That the country is not void of reasonable people who keep on demanding for a better nation.

3. That we are blessed with public office holders who have great talent in acting. You probe them and they faint on national T.V.

29 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by oluwatosink: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
We are talented and gifted in this country.

IGBOS are Naturally Talented and gifted people.

Yorubas are talented with great knowledge to do exploit .

Hausas are less talented , but some how found Grace and Mercy.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
The ocean.

Every other place is a wasteland.

3 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by SenorFax(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
Hmmm

Everything good left to say Buhari don spoil am.

3 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Nanavati(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
Y'all are celebrating Independence day...
My question is, independent of what?

Students are home in the name of Coronavirus,

Fuel price have increased amidst economic crisis..

Every economic sectors private and public nothing to write home about.. An average Nigerian can't boost of 200 naira daily income..

You are screaming independence??

The country is indebted to others and you are claiming Independence... Independent of what exactly?

We pay for electricity and barely have an hour of uninterrupted power supply??

A common Community Counselor is molesting a Professor because he loots public funds, and the people supply him with guards and you say this country is independent?

I beg to differ...

Nigeria isn't independent...
#NigeriaisaNeonate

21 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Iamdonfrank: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
1. Davido (For giving us good music, even though he doesn't want to marry my sister Chioma)

2. David Ibiyeomie (For the sound sermons)

3. Infinix and Tecno (For giving us cheap phone)

What else is there to like about this country

Thank God we don't have natural disasters Sha. E for bad for us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by ElValiente(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
Fertile land.
Natural resources
Human resources

Yet we are what we are. Hmm

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Amspecial: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
angry
what is there not to love? I don't even know where to start from well this once are off the top of my head.

Nepotism

Terrorism

Corruption

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Kelgabriel5(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
1) the people minus d elites for their resilience
2)the people minus d elites for their love for one another forget all these online noise
3) the people minus d elites for everything else

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by TinyHacker: 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
rubbish country

5 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by EzzyCarter: 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
Well, In no particular order:

1. Nigerian women: What's there not like about our Naija babes? with their zero entitlement mentality and the fact that they are loyal to their man even when things aren't good. Even if millionaires are hitting on her , she'll still stand by you...When you compare Naija girls to their counterparts in other countries, Naija girls come first in brains, beauty, intellect and manners cheesy

2. Nigerian government: Oh, my country is blessed with proactive, sensitive, kind, morally just and highly responsible leaders who have the interest of their citizens at heart. They make promises and make sure they fulfil them...Little wonder our country is amongst the most fulfilled and enviable nations of the world. cheesy

3: Nigerian Citizens: Wow, Nigerian citizens are responsible, kind and so loving to each other, in fact the sense of brotherhood is incredible. Each tribe treats the other with much love and respect. Indeed we've got each other covered for life grin . Some notable sensible Nigerins I've met on this platform include A.rrewa, and the likes. These guys deserve a national award for their intellect and staunch patriotism cheesy ...

By the way , God bless Naija cool
60 years of bliss and prosperity cool

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Suspect33(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
Go to farm and Fulani herdsmen may kill you. Go to market and inflation
may kill you. Go to fuel station and fuel price may kill you. Go to
hospital and doctors strike may kill you. Go to police and SARS may kill
you. I‘ve never seen a CHANGE that brings death like Buhari/APC!

There are failures, there are very big failures and then there is Buhari/APC

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by EyezofGod120: 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
Niraland dey dull to be sincere I never see any protest news on FP yet,,and protest don dey hot steadily here,,
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by mamaafrik(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
The Food,hehehehe,never forget
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by thecuteone(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
1. Nothing

2. Nothing

3. Nothing

I come in peace ...... cool cool cool

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by ElexObi1: 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
Ok
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by twilliamx(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
I love the landscape: Nigeria is truly beautiful, from the dense forest of the south to the hills of the plateau..The land scape is unique by the region.

I love the uniqueness of every tribe: if well harnessed. Nigeria will be the tourist destination for most because different state, different trips, different form of entertainment

I love our resilient and adventurous spirit: there is no where in the world, no matter how extreme the place is that you won't find one Nigerian doing great things there..

And many..

I Love Nigeria...Happy Independence....the best is yet to come and it will definitely come..

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by englishmart(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
Nigeria is finished. We need Biafra.

7 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Almunjid(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2020
Only 3 things? Things wey we dislike about Nigeria pass things wey we like about am. Should I mention them? Lol

5 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by ArmaniUhuru: 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2020
There’s nothing good about Nigeria. Sad truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Olarewaju89: 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2020
Who is bankrolling all this nonsense?

You better stop all this rubbish.. undecided

Which 3 things?

5 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by lekki1444: 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2020
1- Weather is great

2- cost of living is cheap

3- food is great

5 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Uyi168: 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2020
3 things I love about naija:

1.our women. We've got lots of them in varying varieties and shapes. kiss

2.our foods. Naija get better food abeg.. kiss

3.our jaga jaga nature.. I like am die. E get y. cool

2 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2020
Rice
And corruption
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by NaijaOlosho(f): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
APC
PDP
Lazy Nigerian Yooths

grin

2 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by StrikeBack(m): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
1. I love hearing news about Boko Haram

2. I love seeing yahoo boys everywhere

3. I love the fact that Nigeria can never get better

2 Likes

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Dozis: 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Extends NIN-SIM Verification Deadline Till July 26 / 2023: Don’t Direct Yoruba To Support Any Aspirant - Obasanjo Advises Ooni Of Ife / Buhari: Working 6 To 8 Hours At My Age Is No Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.