Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria (17026 Views)

Independence Day: Osinbajo Makes Prophetic Declarations About Nigeria / Lai Mohammed Sleeping At An Exhibition Ahead Of The 58th Independence Day / 10 Things Saraki Said About Nigeria To Russian Parliament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
youngvikthor:
[s]happy independent day nairaland
Nigeria is 60 today drop the good thing you love about your country cheesy

1. It begins with resilience: We have seen it all but when it comes to resilience, Nigerians do not lose their humor, cool and joviality even in the face of hardship.  It is in Nigeria that ugly situations are turned to be dramatic, little wonder we were once called the ‘happiest people on We have seen it all but when it comes to resilience, Nigerians do not lose their humor, cool and joviality even in the face of hardship.  It is in Nigeria that ugly situations are turned to be dramatic, little wonder we were once called the ‘happiest people on earth’.

2. We are gifted and talented: When it comes to talents and brains, we are like number one in the world. This is no exaggeration!! There is no field in this world where we have not made our marks, talk about the prestigious Nobel Prize, sports, the world of blogging and internet, entertainment, politics, medicine, engineering, etc. Just name any field and we would tell the Nigerians who are making waves there.

3. A Country of beauty : Nigeria have a lot of breath taking destinations you can visit that stretches from Lagos Bar Beach to Obudu Cattle Ranch; destinations where you can feel Mother Nature, see rare species of plants and animals and enjoy the beauty of tranquility and tourism.

feel free to add urs [/s]
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Nchenches: 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Let me begin with:
1. Availability of natural president.( not resources)
One dies and another is provided immediately that even the citizens won't notice because of the speed of replacement.

2. That the country is not void of reasonable people who keep on demanding for a better nation.

3. That we are blessed with public office holders who have great talent in acting. You probe them and they faint on national T.V.

Loool. Your number two sent me reeling in laughter.

Nigeria has the most unreasonable people who still believe that Nigeria shall be okay for all future.

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by realestate99: 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
funny people
cheap foods
nothing more
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by FlordFlorez(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
Unity in diversity

Patience/Perseverance

Tolerance

grin
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by lekki1444: 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
Canih28:

which kine great, shey u get high fever ಠ_ʖಠ
TRY living in UK cold

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by biglizzy: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2020
God bless Nigeria

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by JERRY1925(m): 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2020
That talk of oga, the fake one they and original.. Original na five thasand, the fake na 1,500 oga.
We always have the fake and original here.
I wonder how person for survive if na only original we they sell.. There are sometimes u don't need original.

Bad as e bad, give police 50 naira and pass.

Our women.. I love them. They might not be perfect, but I'll date a Nigeria woman over and over again.. Till I get my own.

Then u see that aboki that passes your frontage asking u if u have shoes or cloth to amend.. All u need to do is wait outside patiently for them.
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Horlami247: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2020
Buhari
Tinubu
Oshiopikin
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Sarita01(f): 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2020
oluwatosink:
We are talented and gifted in this country.

IGBOS are Naturally Talented are gifted people.

Yorubas are talented with great knowledge to do exploit .

Hausas are less talented , but some how found Grace and Mercy.

Hausas are hardworking,generous,contented,kind and honest.this is the description of most hausas but it's only when it comes to their religion,that they change to something else.my own opinion sha
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Iamdonfrank: 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2020
tunjilee003:
and what about itel mobile?

If you're a Nigerian, Itel is your phone and glo is your network, you have the must important criterion of a true Nigerian PATIENCE. Therefore, we celebrate you today
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Muhylonaire007: 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2020
60 YEARS OLD; A MOCKERY OF THE FIGURE?
A PIECE WRITTEN BY: BELLO MUHYDEEN ADEWALE

Days at Baptist Boys High School keeps popping up whenever October 1st draws nearer. Of course not because of any other thing but because of the yearly inter-class debate competition our Teachers subjected us to. The topic usually reads "Nigeria at (50)(51)(52),is there any course for celebration?" and each class through a representative will either Support or Speak against the topic.

Things were not even as tough as it is today, so whether you are in support or against, one thing is certain, you will definitely have valid points to talk about and fellow students and panel of judges would reason with your submissions.

At 60, one would have thought that past events and experiences would have positively affected the perspective of the celebrants or is it safe to say Age is just a number?
Is it safe to say she is a fool at 60? since we know a fool at 40 is a fool forever.
Is it safe to say we are celebrating retrogression?
Is it safe to say we are celebrating hypocrisy?
Is it safe to say we are celebrating incompetence?
Is it safe to say we are celebrating gullibility, insurgency and insecurity?
Is it safe to say we are celebrating backwardness?
Is it safe to say we are celebrating the theoretical unity we claim to have or the practical division displayed by those in the realm/corridors of power?

Indeed, growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional. Regardless, we will still pen our birthday wishes to the celebrant.

Happy birthday to a country older than some of our fathers, mothers and grandparents.

Happy Independence to a country tagged the giant of Africa but looks like an ant of Africa.

Happy Independence to a country where citizens work like an elephant but survives like an ant.

Happy birthday to that country whose citizens have no value except they cross the border before their potentials are fully shown.

Happy birthday to a country marking her 60years of independence but still dwells in the shackles of Neo-colonalism.

Happy birthday my beloved country.
Happy Independence Nigeria.
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by newdetailsoper: 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2020
Happy independence,

I have 2 different independence promos.

Check the link below to take advantage:

https://www.nairaland.com/6153935/independence-promo
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Abbamasta(m): 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2020
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Let me begin with:
1. Availability of natural president.( not resources)
One dies and another is provided immediately that even the citizens won't notice because of the speed of replacement.

2. That the country is not void of reasonable people who keep on demanding for a better nation.

3. That we are blessed with public office holders who have great talent in acting. You probe them and they faint on national T.V.

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Authority1o1(m): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
Nchenches:

Loool. Your number two sent me reeling in laughter.

Nigeria has the most unreasonable people who still believe that Nigeria shall be okay for all future.
Okay...

Ever heard of sarcasm?
check it up.
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by DamnnNiggarr: 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Well, In no particular order:

1. Nigerian women: What's there not like about our Naija babes? with their zero entitlement mentality and the fact that they are loyal to their man even when things aren't good. Even if millionaires are hitting on her , she'll still stand by you...When you compare Naija girls to their counterparts in other countries, Naija girls come first in brains, beauty, intellect and manners cheesy

2. Nigerian government: Oh, my country is blessed with proactive, sensitive, kind, morally just and highly responsible leaders who have the interest of their citizens at heart. They make promises and make sure they fulfil them...Little wonder our country is amongst the most fulfilled and enviable nations of the world. cheesy

3: Nigerian Citizens: Wow, Nigerian citizens are responsible, kind and so loving to each other, in fact the sense of brotherhood is incredible. Each tribe treats the other with much love and respect. Indeed we've got each other covered for life grin . Some notable sensible Nigerins I've met on this platform include Arrewa, and the likes. These guys deserve a national award for their intellect and staunch patriotism cheesy ...

By the way , God bless Naija cool
60 years of bliss and prosperity cool

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Abbamasta(m): 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2020
don't disturb my peace!

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by ukaface(f): 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
I love the corruption
I love the unemployment rate
I love the hardship.

God no go shame us o
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Sarita01(f): 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2020
I truly and wholeheartedly love nigeria
1. I love the fact that we can adapt to any hardships the government throw at us.
2. I really love the fact that we can find humour even in the most serious issues
3. I love our foods,culture,weather and absence of terrible natural disasters
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by DamnnNiggarr: 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
APC
PDP
Lazy Nigerian Yooths

grin

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by fitinwell: 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2020
Ritualist

Kidnapping

Money looting
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by WelcomeToBiafra: 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2020
Nigerian youths and some intellectual efulefus are fools at 60.

Nigeria is a problem Africans are having, Nigeria is evil.

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Benitoh: 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2020
unusual kind of corruption
Extreme form of tribalism and nepotism

Quota system and Ethnicity

These things are what makes Nigeria thick.
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Benitoh: 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2020
unusual kind of corruption
Extreme form of tribalism and nepotism

Quota system and Ethnicity

These things are what makes Nigeria thick.
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by condralbedez: 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2020
oluwatosink:

IGBOS are Naturally Talented are gifted people.

You are better person,if we have many people like you,this country will be great!!!not those fellows on Nairaland that's too full of tribalism and nepotism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by mcquin(m): 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2020
oluwatosink:

IGBOS are Naturally Talented and gifted people.

Which grace and mercy? To the detriment of a another region? You call slowing lack of family planning, thorough education, terrorism etc grace and mercy or is it the fact that they use quota system to enjoy government privileges that you calling mercy?
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by gurusprout: 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
Cheap university education

Diverse cultures
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Yeyenairaland(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
BUHARI

BOKO HARAM

HERDSMEN

There are many things I love about naija but make una manage the above few.
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
Nothing embarassed
Is it the lack of steady electricity I'll say I enjoy
Or the nonsense bad roads
Or the stupid SARS that stops people that dress nicely with the mindset that their into fraudulent act
Or the scarcity of food
Or the border closure
Or the graduate that are through with their studies and their finding it very difficult to get a job
Or the rate at which internet is flaunting despite the fact that I have enough data
Or how 9mobile is deducting my bonus and call balance as if they gave me money to recharge
Or the kind of manner SARS also have access to my mobile phone as if we contributed money together to buy the phone
Or I'll say I enjoyed my days in school day's without no food and you must read
Or I'll say I enjoyed our educational system,a students that haven't eaten anything to class his lecturer will force him/her to buy a hand-out of #500
Or I'll say I enjoyed my traveling to Lagos and at guru maraji we are stopped by uniform men thinking their police men not knowing their arm robbers
Or maybe I'm happy seeing a 12yrs old boy saying he also want to do Yahoo whereas in western countries a 12yrs old boy is already planing on how to build something.
Or I'll say I'm happy going to class without no damn food in my belly and me coming back without nothing to eat again and you must go to class or else you and failure will interact as pals.
Or I'll say I enjoy seeing a 28 yrs grown up man still in his parent house and whereas in western countries 18 yrs old newbies are already in their apartment.
Or I'll say I enjoy seeing old people dieing like fouls without any proper health care.
Or I'll say I enjoy how we are caged inside during lockdown without no damn food or money for us to feed on and whereas in western countries their government gave them money and some food items to keep them going.
Or you're happy that you can't travel from state to state without the fear of been kidnapped.
Or am happy seeing our naira falling everyday and bowing down to other currency.
Or you're happy seeing the bank you make use of deducting your little stipend you have left in your account without any tangible reason why their deducting it.
Or I'm happy that I was denied visa cause of the bad reputation of my country
Or you're happy seeing your president this morning spewing bullshit on national TV a country where there's plenty of raw materials are we still suppose to lack any .
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WTF ARE WE CELEBRATING TODAY
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by WelcomeToBiafra: 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2020
[quote author=DamnnNiggarr post=94500645][/quote]

Even Britain and fulani terrorists will be like; seriously embarassed embarassed
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by kunlealao(m): 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2020
For the fact that it's still 1:42pm and Nepa don take light 5times already

youngvikthor:
happy independent day nairaland
Nigeria is 60 today drop the good thing you love about your country cheesy

1. It begins with resilience: We have seen it all but when it comes to resilience, Nigerians do not lose their humor, cool and joviality even in the face of hardship.  It is in Nigeria that ugly situations are turned to be dramatic, little wonder we were once called the ‘happiest people on We have seen it all but when it comes to resilience, Nigerians do not lose their humor, cool and joviality even in the face of hardship.  It is in Nigeria that ugly situations are turned to be dramatic, little wonder we were once called the ‘happiest people on earth’.

2. We are gifted and talented: When it comes to talents and brains, we are like number one in the world. This is no exaggeration!! There is no field in this world where we have not made our marks, talk about the prestigious Nobel Prize, sports, the world of blogging and internet, entertainment, politics, medicine, engineering, etc. Just name any field and we would tell the Nigerians who are making waves there.

3. A Country of beauty : Nigeria have a lot of breath taking destinations you can visit that stretches from Lagos Bar Beach to Obudu Cattle Ranch; destinations where you can feel Mother Nature, see rare species of plants and animals and enjoy the beauty of tranquility and tourism.

feel free to add urs
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by franchasng: 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2020
1.) Beautiful Nigerian ladies shocked kiss

2.) Cheap labor; good for every serious industrialist

3.) Beautiful Nigerian girls; they make life beautiful in Nigeria wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Fixes New Dates For Closure Of Purchase, Submission Of Forms / Bullion Van Politicians Are After CBN - Atiku/Okowa Campaign / Metuh: Testifying Will Expose Me To Criminal Trial – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.