Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria (17051 Views)

Independence Day: Osinbajo Makes Prophetic Declarations About Nigeria / Lai Mohammed Sleeping At An Exhibition Ahead Of The 58th Independence Day / 10 Things Saraki Said About Nigeria To Russian Parliament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by 99thEnemy(m): 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2020
Who noticed the Horse the lieutenant colonel was on while the lt. col was seeking permission from Buhari to commence parade?? grin grin grin

The Horse just the drop big big lumps of poop throughout the time. grin grin grin

HORSE SHIT grin grin grin

what was the horse trying to say?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by olahypes(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2020
A Must See » Earn Up to £40 In Just 10 Hours Using Onepoll OLAHYPES.COM.NG http://ol ahypes.com.ng/content-posts/13300/verified-link-/ Exclusive £5 signup bonus. Who are they? Best known for short, quick surveys about every topic. OnePoll provide surveys to the pre....

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Mpanyi: 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2020
Peeing wherever I like with reckless abandon

Open defecation

Picture of Bubu picking teeth while the country deteriorates at alarming speed
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Hindiman(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2020
Three good things 1. Nigeria is good 2. Nigeria is gooder 3. Nigeria is goodest in terms of religiosity, fertile land, mineral resources and talented old people who are good in corruption and the talented youngsters who believe in yahoo to make them rich.
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Fatale: 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2020
The cuisines
Climate
Lack of natural disasters
Rich vegetation
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Cti28(m): 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Well, In no particular order:

1. Nigerian women: What's there not like about our Naija babes? with their zero entitlement mentality and the fact that they are loyal to their man even when things aren't good. Even if millionaires are hitting on her , she'll still stand by you...When you compare Naija girls to their counterparts in other countries, Naija girls come first in brains, beauty, intellect and manners cheesy

2. Nigerian government: Oh, my country is blessed with proactive, sensitive, kind, morally just and highly responsible leaders who have the interest of their citizens at heart. They make promises and make sure they fulfil them...Little wonder our country is amongst the most fulfilled and enviable nations of the world. cheesy

3: Nigerian Citizens: Wow, Nigerian citizens are responsible, kind and so loving to each other, in fact the sense of brotherhood is incredible. Each tribe treats the other with much love and respect. Indeed we've got each other covered for life grin . Some notable sensible Nigerins I've met on this platform include A.rrewa, and the likes. These guys deserve a national award for their intellect and staunch patriotism cheesy ...

By the way , God bless Naija cool
60 years of bliss and prosperity cool

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Cti28(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Let me begin with:
1. Availability of natural president.( not resources)
One dies and another is provided immediately that even the citizens won't notice because of the speed of replacement.

2. That the country is not void of reasonable people who keep on demanding for a better nation.

3. That we are blessed with public office holders who have great talent in acting. You probe them and they faint on national T.V.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Cti28(m): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2020
Emerald04:
Sincerely speaking, I'ma just bn hypocrite if I really get to mention three good things I love about this country, but nonetheless, I'll mentioned the 3 things I hate about this country.

1 One Nigeria
3 Sars
2 The Send me 2k urgently babes.

And I'll like to add a bonus point:
Nothing in this world I despise like the Aso rock clown, but I won't mentioned his name, cos of Hate speech and DSS, but Ya'll Gon know the tyrant I'ma talkin about, and if I'm to give you a hint about the tyrant, one dead meat seller use to be his number one follower.

Dear unborn kids, I'll never make the mistake of bringing you up in this shii hole.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Canih28: 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2020
lekki1444:
TRY living in UK cold
at least it's better because there;

• they can put on more thick clothes when it gets colder than here.

• when the heat comes how u wan take survive am, na 2 dey drink plenty water
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Wolexdey(m): 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2020
Some said the port holes
Pot-bellied Politicians
Pot calling kettle black...
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by lekki1444: 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2020
Canih28:
at least it's better because there;

• they can put on more thick clothes when it gets colder than here.

• when the heat comes how u wan take survive am, na 2 dey drink plenty water
the heat in nigeria is not unbearable try australia its like 40 degrees heat. here its just 29 degrees
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Oracleforce: 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2020
Three things I like about Nigeria.

1. Buhari....the best president so far

2. Boko Haram. The best continental terrorist so far

3. Corruption.....our watchword...corruption can't be separated from the fabrics of our country
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by uvie66: 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2020
youngvikthor:
happy independent day nairaland
Nigeria is 60 today drop the good thing you love about your country cheesy

1. It begins with resilience: We have seen it all but when it comes to resilience, Nigerians do not lose their humor, cool and joviality even in the face of hardship.  It is in Nigeria that ugly situations are turned to be dramatic, little wonder we were once called the ‘happiest people on We have seen it all but when it comes to resilience, Nigerians do not lose their humor, cool and joviality even in the face of hardship.  It is in Nigeria that ugly situations are turned to be dramatic, little wonder we were once called the ‘happiest people on earth’.

2. We are gifted and talented: When it comes to talents and brains, we are like number one in the world. This is no exaggeration!! There is no field in this world where we have not made our marks, talk about the prestigious Nobel Prize, sports, the world of blogging and internet, entertainment, politics, medicine, engineering, etc. Just name any field and we would tell the Nigerians who are making waves there.

3. A Country of beauty : Nigeria have a lot of breath taking destinations you can visit that stretches from Lagos Bar Beach to Obudu Cattle Ranch; destinations where you can feel Mother Nature, see rare species of plants and animals and enjoy the beauty of tranquility and tourism.

feel free to add urs
I totally disagree with 2. We are gifted and talented...yet we cannot manage to defeat a rag tag army like Boko Haram, to build major infrastructures like Road or railways we run to CCECC our refinary and power supply have been comatose for decades, even to manage our environment it is difficult for us, small rain and there's heavy flooding.
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by tot(f): 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2020
Oracleforce:
Three things I like about Nigeria.

1. Buhari....the best president so far

2. Boko Haram. The best continental terrorist so far

3. Corruption.....our watchword...corruption can't be separated from the fabrics of our country

lmaoo cheesy cheesy crazy people on this NL ehn cheesy

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Ayebagbalinyo365: 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2020
youngvikthor:
happy independent day nairaland
Nigeria is 60 today drop the good thing you love about your country cheesy

1. It begins with resilience: We have seen it all but when it comes to resilience, Nigerians do not lose their humor, cool and joviality even in the face of hardship.  It is in Nigeria that ugly situations are turned to be dramatic, little wonder we were once called the ‘happiest people on We have seen it all but when it comes to resilience, Nigerians do not lose their humor, cool and joviality even in the face of hardship.  It is in Nigeria that ugly situations are turned to be dramatic, little wonder we were once called the ‘happiest people on earth’.

2. We are gifted and talented: When it comes to talents and brains, we are like number one in the world. This is no exaggeration!! There is no field in this world where we have not made our marks, talk about the prestigious Nobel Prize, sports, the world of blogging and internet, entertainment, politics, medicine, engineering, etc. Just name any field and we would tell the Nigerians who are making waves there.

3. A Country of beauty : Nigeria have a lot of breath taking destinations you can visit that stretches from Lagos Bar Beach to Obudu Cattle Ranch; destinations where you can feel Mother Nature, see rare species of plants and animals and enjoy the beauty of tranquility and tourism.

feel free to add urs

How many People must have to die
Before Nigeria leaders will take a stand?
How many Children must have to cry before they will do all they can to help?
Nigeria leaders will see all the evils(No electricity,bad roads,Insecurity,bad governance, name them) going in the Country but they will turn their heads away pretending they don't see them.
#independenceday
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2020
addictiv:
Nothing to love about Nigeria except Nigerian jollof..

Even the jollof can't be as good as before because people can't afford the spice and there is no light to cook it well
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Canih28: 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
lekki1444:
the heat in nigeria is not unbearable try australia its like 40 degrees heat. here its just 29 degrees
that's a heat wave average 4 day areas n it's only 4 the summer not like this 2nd hell in Africa ʕಠ_ಠʔ
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by euniselfyahoo: 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
1. No natural disaster 2. Abundance of natural resources 3. Very creative
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by JIMMY1393: 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
Almunjid:
Only 3 things? Things wey we dislike about Nigeria pass things wey we like about am. Should I mention them? Lol

Na pot hole be that wey resemble Nigerian map?
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by lekki1444: 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
Canih28:

that's a heat wave average 4 day areas n it's only 4 the summer not like this 2nd hell in Africa ʕಠ_ಠʔ
well you must be in kano or kaduna or abuja. i hear the heat there is unbearable. where i am in naija the heat is mild. i am on the island so maybe because of the sea breeze
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by KingRoiz(m): 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2020
Emerald04:
Sincerely speaking, I'ma just bn hypocrite if I really get to mention three good things I love about this country, but nonetheless, I'll mentioned the 3 things I hate about this country.

1 One Nigeria
3 Sars
2 The Send me 2k urgently babes.

And I'll like to add a bonus point:
Nothing in this world I despise like the Aso rock clown, but I won't mentioned his name, cos of Hate speech and DSS, but Ya'll Gon know the tyrant I'ma talkin about, and if I'm to give you a hint about the tyrant, one dead meat seller use to be his number one follower.

Dear unborn kids, I'll never make the mistake of bringing you up in this shii hole.

Mheeennnn... ����
In anyways, Nigeria can/will/is changing.... One PERSON at a time
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Almunjid(m): 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
JIMMY1393:

Na pot hole be that wey resemble Nigerian map?
Nigeria is a pot hole. Lol
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Canih28: 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2020
lekki1444:
well you must be in kano or kaduna or abuja. i hear the heat there is unbearable. where i am in naija the heat is mild. i am on the island so maybe because of the sea breeze
Lucky 4 u! (⌐■-■)
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by KingRoiz(m): 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2020
oluwatosink:
We are talented and gifted in this country.

IGBOS are Naturally Talented and gifted people.

Yorubas are talented with great knowledge to do exploit .

Hausas are less talented , but some how found Grace and Mercy.

Your're right shaaa.... But the Hausa's didn't exactly find grace and mercy. They rather HAVE LOVE FOR THEMSELVES, they unite and therefore easily follow a PLAN OF TAKEOVER... Less talented are for the poor and extremely religious mostly, besides that under-estimation we give them works to their advantage...
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by bluefilm: 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2020
1. The total absense of COvid19

2. The large number of ignorant people. You can
sell anything to them, you can deceive as
many fools as you can and they will even be
paying you tithes.

3. The strong patriarchy system that enforces
strong morals in the society and prevents women from doing anyhow, if not eh...
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Jostoman: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2020
1 we warned them in 2019

2. They said we are IPOB and PDP

3 but now all of us are filling the heat.
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Mummyfour(f): 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Well, In no particular order:

1. Nigerian women: What's there not like about our Naija babes? with their zero entitlement mentality and the fact that they are loyal to their man even when things aren't good. Even if millionaires are hitting on her , she'll still stand by you...When you compare Naija girls to their counterparts in other countries, Naija girls come first in brains, beauty, intellect and manners cheesy

2. Nigerian government: Oh, my country is blessed with proactive, sensitive, kind, morally just and highly responsible leaders who have the interest of their citizens at heart. They make promises and make sure they fulfil them...Little wonder our country is amongst the most fulfilled and enviable nations of the world. cheesy

3: Nigerian Citizens: Wow, Nigerian citizens are responsible, kind and so loving to each other, in fact the sense of brotherhood is incredible. Each tribe treats the other with much love and respect. Indeed we've got each other covered for life grin . Some notable sensible Nigerins I've met on this platform include A.rrewa, and the likes. These guys deserve a national award for their intellect and staunch patriotism cheesy ...

By the way , God bless Naija cool
60 years of bliss and prosperity cool
on point sarcasm. Salute
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Finnestgreat: 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2020
1.corruption 2.bribery 3.our fu*cked up leader
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Sonite(m): 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2020
Pls my name is Samson am a father of 2 but since I lost my business things has not been easy with me to even feed my family is difficult now pls if it touches you help me with any amount at least to buy food for my family.3311054057 Eco bank thanks and God bless you.
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by Ogagawhite(f): 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2020
(1) GARRI
(2) groundnut
(3) and salt
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by King2019(m): 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2020
StrikeBack:
1. I love hearing news about Boko Haram

2. I love seeing yahoo boys everywhere

3. I love the fact that Nigeria can never get better

I personally love the fact you have no joy

See finishing
Re: Independence Day: 3 Good Things You Love About Nigeria by lastchild: 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2020
1... pigeon English
when I speak it outside Nigeria, I realize what we've been taken for granted

2...plenty cities
I left Nigeria and realized that what other African countries do is to invest in one or two cities, showcase it to the world and the rests are villages

3... igbos
without igbos there's no Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Don’t Direct Yoruba To Support Any Aspirant - Obasanjo Advises Ooni Of Ife / Buhari: Working 6 To 8 Hours At My Age Is No Joke / Prove Allegations Of Fake Credentials Against Me, Soyinka Dares Accusers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.