Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (5970 Views)

I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? / "Divorce Should Be Celebrated, Its Rise Is A Good Thing" - Nkechi Bianze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
djon78:

Chai bad choices dey Terrible
And there would have been a correct man somewhere
That would have given her a good marriage
But she chose death
Chai

Why do we always see these kind of things
Women making terrible choices
That will haunt them

I remember
How a relation of mine
Was regretting
When she married one of those sweet tongue guys
She was working a high earning job
Was the one almost running there home with her funds
It was later she opened up to family members
Was regreting that there was another good guy
Coming her side
But she rejected him to face the kind of unhappiness she was facing
We only encouraged her
She don marry
And kids are now involved
She should just manage anyhow

Making the right choice in marriage
Is bliss and peace

My ex too..is somewhere struck in marriage to a guy that beats her often..

Honestly..

Have always..knew bein a good guy disgust girls so much for a very long time..infact girls will drain u emotionally once they sight one..

My ex left me immediately I left for uni..
I never bother cos I wasnt even feeling the relationship..but still I was pretendin to love her so much..as not to hurt her..

Immediately..she called to tell me it was over.. I replied her its fine..

But she should..take her time to look for a guy that will love her right..

Years after..the girl called tellin me how her husband kept maltreating her..

she even went as far as askin me if she was still attractive..

I just told her on a scale of 1 to 10..her beauty is 0.1..

Tho..she kept calling me and telling me..how I was the only guy that ever loved her..

I just had to block her..

3 Likes

Re: . by Mindlog: 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2020
BigDick70inch:

My Oga..

Men like dat wont let the kids be in custody of their estranged wife even after separation/divorce..

Infact..they had rather allow the kids suffer with them than releasing them to the wife..

Except..the kids are old enough to decide who they want to be with in court..

Maybe..the court might grant the mum the chance to check on once in while..while they remain with their father..

As far it is Lagos state, it is not about the nan letting the ex-wife having custody or checking on the kids once in a while at his discretion. Attached is a scenario I posted in August

1 Like

Re: . by crackhaus: 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
BigDick70inch:

Tho..she kept calling me and telling me..how I was the only guy that ever loved her..

I just had to block her...
Na wah o, make you sef try learn how to dey lie small small for these women abeg... especially about their looks or weight cheesy

0.1, shuuu... shocked

2 Likes

Re: . by djon78(m): 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2020
BigDick70inch:

My ex too..is somewhere struck in marriage to a guy that beats her often..

Honestly..

Have always..knew bein a good guy disgust girls so much for a very long time..infact girls will drain u emotionally once they sight one..

My ex left me immediately I left for uni..
I never bother cos I wasnt even feeling the relationship..but still I was pretendin to love her so much..as not to hurt her..

Immediately..she called to tell me it was over.. I replied her its fine..

But she should..take her time to look for a guy that will love her right..

Years after..the girl called tellin me how her husband kept maltreating her..

I just had to block her..

Can you imagine
Sometimes I think na manipulation blinds them
And the funny thing is that the kind of men they end up with treat them like scum
Don't give a hoot about them

But in the end
And from my experience
Women don't really like nice guys
And it's not even advisable to be a nice guy
Women like a man that is firm, no nonsense type
But you mix it up with humane feeling and empathy sometimes
But being a nice guy na no no for me
You turn to a door mat
Re: . by Twenty8: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
oldtimersince06:
I had to create a new account to post this.

So, my husband has beaten me 3 times prior to yesternight. I had said if it happens again, I'm going to leave. Last night, he punched me in my face severally and pushed me hard that I sprained my knee.
My concern are my kids. My older child loves his father so much, while the younger one loves me so much. The kids love each other. Do I take my younger child and leave this marriage and separate my kids, or do I leave them with their dad or do I take both of them and trust my older child will be fine without his father?

He has apologized severally this morning but I'm done. He is emotionally abusive on a good day. I can't count the no of times in a day he insults me. He threatens to Kill me and kill himself. My dad doesn't talk to him any more. Let me tell you why.

He didn't have a car at the time, and would go with mine. He was meant to pick the kids up, while I was also waiting for him to pick me up from work. At about 7:30 pm, I called him again asking for when he would get to the kids school and he told me he was busy(Busy here means busy drinking). The school kept calling me, the teachers need to go home. 8 pm, I picked an uber and went to pick them. My phone died and I couldn't charge it till I got home. As I turned my phone on, his call came in and I apologized, that I had picked them up but my phone went off. He said he was in the school and was looking for the kids. I kept on apologizing. He promised to deal with me on getting home. He then called my mum and was shouting at her on phone(he does this regularly). My dad stepped in. He tried to understand the issue. He told my dad, that I disrespected him and that if it was his subordinate in the office( He's in the para military) that disrespected him, they would kill the person and nobody would find the dead body. My dad then said, but she's your wife and not your subordinate. He shouted at my dad and dropped the call.

I go through a lot of emotional stress on a daily basis. I need to leave for my sanity. He's a great father.What do I do about my kids? Matured responses please.

True love will never emotionally nor physically attack his wife. He's threatening you now with words, and our words become actions.

LEAVE fast and take the children with you, but don't restrict them access to their father, train them to value women because their father can't teach them that, but don't turn them to a simp

1 Like

Re: . by Chinny024(f): 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
Wherever you are going... Take your kids...Nobody would love, care,endure,and be patient with them more than you would have done....
Prior to this, involve his parents in a crucial meeting.. Your parents in attendance too...
Table your mind before everyone..
Let it be that everybody from both ends are aware!!!
If he didn't reset his mode,then take off with your kids!!!

4 Likes

Re: . by LedRock: 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ishilove:
Dem never born the man that can do this ish to me. You pick up the phone and shout at my parents? Unthinkable.
See as this one dey make mouth online, for real life her husband fit dey bit am pieces. This is the way they come online to form strong woman but their husbands are using punches to reset their lousy mouth.
Re: . by Ishilove: 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2020
LedRock:
Se as this one dey make mouth online, for real life her husband fit dey bit am pieces. This is the way they come online to form strong woman but their husbands are using punches to reset their lousy mouth.
Lol. Na you get your mouth. I don talk my own
Re: . by LedRock: 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ishilove:

Lol. Na you get your mouth. I don talk my own
Go and sit down, online feminist cheesy
Re: . by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
How y’all allow a man hit you still baffles me.

You don’t know the power you carry as a woman!

Some of you take so much all in the name of marriage. You still need opinions from a faceless forum before you make a decision. It’s very clear that most women don’t know what they want.

What do you want to hear?
Stay for your kids and watch war room! kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by HiFreda(f): 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2020
oldtimersince06:

So, my husband has beaten me 3 times prior to yesternight. I had said if it happens again, I'm going to leave. Last night, he punched me in my face severally and pushed me hard that I sprained my knee.
My concern are my kids. My older child loves his father so much, while the younger one loves me so much. The kids love each other. Do I take my younger child and leave this marriage and separate my kids, or do I leave them with their dad or do I take both of them and trust my older child will be fine without his father?

He has apologized severally this morning but I'm done. He is emotionally abusive on a good day. I can't count the no of times in a day he insults me. He threatens to Kill me and kill himself. My dad doesn't talk to him any more. Let me tell you why.

He didn't have a car at the time, and would go with mine. He was meant to pick the kids up, while I was also waiting for him to pick me up from work. At about 7:30 pm, I called him again asking for when he would get to the kids school and he told me he was busy(Busy here means busy drinking). The school kept calling me, the teachers need to go home. 8 pm, I picked an uber and went to pick them. My phone died and I couldn't charge it till I got home. As I turned my phone on, his call came in and I apologized, that I had picked them up but my phone went off. He said he was in the school and was looking for the kids. I kept on apologizing. He promised to deal with me on getting home. He then called my mum and was shouting at her on phone(he does this regularly). My dad stepped in. He tried to understand the issue. He told my dad, that I disrespected him and that if it was his subordinate in the office( He's in the para military) that disrespected him, they would kill the person and nobody would find the dead body. My dad then said, but she's your wife and not your subordinate. He shouted at my dad and dropped the call.

I go through a lot of emotional stress on a daily basis. I need to leave for my sanity. He's a great father.What do I do about my kids? Matured responses please.

I can see that you are not ready to leave the marriage. How is one a terrible husband, but a great father? What madness is this?
A great father will not subject his children to the agony of watching/hearing him beat their mother, call her names and threaten to kill her and commit suicide.
A great father will create a peaceful and loving home for his kids. And where that is not possible, will seek for an amicable seperation from wife, while having the best interest of the children at heart.

5 Likes

Re: . by thorpido(m): 11:20pm On Oct 02, 2020
Op,move away from that house.Plan your exit and leave for your own good,mental health and life.A living dog is better than a dead lion.
You may not be able to leave with the kids but you can fight for custody in court.

Young ladies and bad choices Sha.
Re: . by Nisland(m): 3:05am On Oct 03, 2020
God Almighty will settle all what you are facing in your marriage.my sister please don't divorce your husband pray to God. Because of what am facing I cannot said it's out my wife divorce me in 2016 since den am not with myself.am lonely . please settle the matter.
Re: . by tracyfemmmm: 5:08am On Oct 03, 2020
oldtimersince06:

Please please please get a divorce and take your kids with you. I know it’s hard to think about but if you don’t those kids may end up growing without mummy. You are not the first to experience this and some that do don’t make it out alive. Please please leave with both your children and don’t let anyone shame you into looking back.

2 Likes

Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2020
crackhaus:

Na wah o, make you sef try learn how to dey lie small small for these women abeg... especially about their looks or weight cheesy

0.1, shuuu... shocked

Lol..
No need flattering her anymore nah..
Afterall..i no day after the pussy again..

Funniest thing be say..she dey even disturb me say she wan come my house Oo..i told her if she comes I will Bleep her and that didn't even bother one bit..

Even..when she was a virgin I didn't make attempt to Bleep her..is it now that she has dis gorilla-like shape that she will interest me huh??

I just unblock her..sometimes when am so bored to listen to her woes and block her again..

1 Like

Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 8:42am On Oct 03, 2020
djon78:

Can you imagine
And the funny thing is that the kind of men they end up with treat them like scum
Don't give a hoot about them

But in the end
And from my experience
You turn to a door mat

Bro..
Girls are the real chief manipulator Oo..
I really don't think no guy does better than dem..
Don't get carried away with that okay??

I repeat..
I repeat again..

No girl/woman has ever make mistake in relationship/datin/courship..they only do what is right to them bro..

Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 8:43am On Oct 03, 2020
djon78:

Can you imagine
Don't give a hoot about the

But in the end
And from my experience
You turn to a door mat

Re: . by BigDick70inch(m): 8:54am On Oct 03, 2020
Mindlog:

As far it is Lagos state, it is not about the nan letting the ex-wife having custody or checking on the kids once in a while at his discretion. Attached is a scenario I posted in August

Well I everythin I typed on here is from experience bro..

Stay in Abule egba side of Lagos..

A divorce issue once happened to one of relatives sometimes ago..infact cousin to be precise..

Parent got separated through divorce..but then the kids were in custody of their dad while they were granted the chance to spend vacations with their mum..

Believe me bro..
Those kids really suffered ehn..the man re-married and left the kids to the new wife..cos he was always busy with work..

So the woman enough opportunity to maltreat the kids..

Nigeria woman..cant just seem to treat kid not birthed by them nicely..

Well..i dont know if the had changed now tho..
Re: . by oldtimersince06: 10:03am On Oct 03, 2020
Thanks everyone for your comments. I will take my kids and leave when the time is right.

To those saying he can't be a great father. Well, he loves his kids and is very protective of them. His parents are divorced and I was told his Dad was just like this as well. He also didn't joke with his kids. I definitely agree with the importance of right family values which is currently non existent.

I do have some secret recordings saved in cloud which could help in custody battle as long as I'm safe.

Thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: . by Mindlog: 10:39am On Oct 03, 2020
BigDick70inch:

Well I everythin I typed on here is from experience bro..

Stay in Abule egba side of Lagos..

A divorce issue once happened to one of relatives sometimes ago..infact cousin to be precise..

Parent got separated through divorce..but then the kids were in custody of their dad while they were granted the chance to spend vacations with their mum..

Believe me bro..
Those kids really suffered ehn..the man re-married and left the kids to the new wife..cos he was always busy with work..

So the woman enough opportunity to maltreat the kids..

Nigeria woman..cant just seem to treat kid not birthed by them nicely..

Well..i dont know if the had changed now tho..

I recall back in one of my undergraduate courses-Marriage and Family Therapy, where the issue of women maltreating children from their husband's previous marriage/relationship was analyzed and how the fathers of these kids opt to become silent witness of the abuse in exchange for the external validation.

They are rarely very vocal about the abuse as he does not want the society to perceive him weak in protecting his children against the wickedness of the woman who he has made the society to believe is better than his ex-wife likewise the shame of not getting it right the second time, so these step-mothers cash in on these irrational beliefs which serves as an enabler and these kids suffer for this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by crackhaus: 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2020
BigDick70inch:

Lol..
No need flattering her anymore nah..
Afterall..i no day after the pussy again..

Funniest thing be say..she dey even disturb me say she wan come my house Oo..i told her if she comes I will Bleep her and that didn't even bother one bit..

Even..when she was a virgin I didn't make attempt to Bleep her..is it now that she has dis gorilla-like shape that she will interest me huh??

I just unblock her..sometimes when am so bored to listen to her woes and block her again..
cheesycheesy
Re: . by Modupetemmy1(f): 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2020
make I just say this, no man is sane ooo all of them get craze just that the craze get level, in summary no perfect man out there they all have their short comings of which one must learn to tolerate for peace to reign not that one is a fool ooo or one doesn't know how to react but just because of the kids. i don't support abusive marriage especially verbal and physical abuse ,but pls learn to tolerate your man and avoid things that do lead to misunderstanding.
many people will ask you to leave but believe me they are tolerating what is more worse than yours in their marriage.
Re: . by SmileDance(f): 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
edoman2016:

When he is beating you in your home, can't you scream so that your landlord or other tenants in the compound bail you out?
person wey op suppose prepare tea for make him drink am go find somewhere 'sleep'.
Re: . by Gloriagee(f): 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
How can you be so sure? Are you in everyone's marriage? Staying or leaving is the OP's choice after weighing a number of factors but don't start forcing your opinion on her like you're the unseen spectator in every home.

Modupetemmy1:
many people will ask you to leave but believe me they are tolerating what is more worse than yours in their marriage.

1 Like

Re: . by Modupetemmy1(f): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2020
Gloriagee:
How can you be so sure? Are you in everyone's marriage? Staying or leaving is the OP's choice after weighing a number of factors but don't start forcing your opinion on her like you're the unseen spectator in every home.

Emabinu ma
Re: . by Evacroft: 1:47am On Oct 04, 2020
yettymuse:
How y’all allow a man hit you still baffles me.

You don’t know the power you carry as a woman!

Some of you take so much all in the name of marriage. You still need opinions from a faceless forum before you make a decision. It’s very clear that most women don’t know what they want.

What do you want to hear?
Stay for your kids and watch war room! kiss

Exactly my thoughts ,the power that women carry.....
OP, I would advise you leave, with all u have said even his family wants you to leave him . U should have been planning your exit since. As sweet as marriage is, it takes Two to tangle. First thing is to really be sure this is what you want and stand by it, next build a case against him by getting evidence of the verbal /physical abuse, then get a good Lawyer the law will mostly favour you when it comes to those children. Lastly, one life , it is really a waste of life to end up and live in an abusive marriage,no man or woman deserves that. Know ur worth lady

2 Likes

Re: . by obawinner(m): 5:12am On Oct 04, 2020
On a lighter note, try to work on balancing child favoritism aspect

1 Like

Re: . by Gloriagee(f): 11:22am On Oct 04, 2020
Mi binu
Modupetemmy1:

Emabinu ma
Re: . by Mleeperbother: 8:43am On Oct 05, 2020
oldtimersince06:

Go learn martial arts.
No need for divorce if violence is the issue.
Re: . by Eketem: 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
oldtimersince06:

Thank you. I will get in touch wit them tomorrow.

Any update?
Re: . by oldtimersince06: 2:30pm On Nov 17, 2020
No update. Spoke with them and was asked to physically come to the office. Can't explain where I'm heading to my husband , so, I let it slide.

Eketem:

Any update?
Re: . by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2020
Well.
You can always get other kids.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Think He Is Cheating / Pretty Nigerian Lady Chased Out Of Shoprite For Wearing A Revealing Dress / Why Do Nairalanders Lie So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.