Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,900 members, 7,821,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Is It Right For A Landlord To Ask How His Tenant Got A Car? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Landlord To Ask How His Tenant Got A Car? (1556 Views)

Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? / Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? / Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Landlord To Ask How His Tenant Got A Car? by PureGoldh(m): 10:07am On Oct 02, 2020
This matter get as e be
Re: Is It Right For A Landlord To Ask How His Tenant Got A Car? by Juliearth(f): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
Morning Nairalanders,
I know we are in the midst of celebrating the country's independence, but I've got a worrisome issue I'd like to seek advice on.

I live in a room and parlour self contain apartment and I work with a micro finance company. There is a male colleague that I helped to get an apartment in the same house I live. My guy collected his office monthly contribution last week and decided to get a small car, I used mine for a separate thing tho.

Today being an holiday, my landlord summoned me and asked me how and where my guy got a car coz he can assume that our pay where we work isn't that bogus.

I was kinda angry and was short of words, coz I didn't want to insult an elderly man. I just told him that I will relay his question to the car owner.

I haven't tell my guy anything because he may not find it funny n that could lead to noises n I want to avoid that.

Should I keep mute or I should tell him coz Baba is waiting for response?

There is nothing wrong in a landlord asking such a question. If things go south and such a tenant is wanted for crime, the landlord won't be left out of police scrutiny.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Landlord To Ask How His Tenant Got A Car? by Abbeylanre15(m): 10:58am On Oct 02, 2020
candyguyofficia:
Abbeylanre15 is your colleague the only car owner in the compound? I mean apart from your landlord. Mosttimes it's good to rent house were people are progressing everyone has a car or cars, if that was the case it will be your landlord jokingly telling your colleague to get a car or he will tell him he (landlord) is praying for him to buy a car.

Living in a house the landlord do not stay is bliss, op you did well by not telling him the source of your friend car and do not tell him

Yes he is.... Even Baba self no get ride
Re: Is It Right For A Landlord To Ask How His Tenant Got A Car? by candyguyofficia(m): 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Yes he is.... Even Baba self no get ride
I thought as much. Bro can I advise you like a brother? Please pack out of that house convince your friend later on (although salvation is personal).
While packing out you may experience your greatest temptation but be recilent and PACK OUT. I advise you keep it a secret and not tell anyone you packing out perhaps except your friend (if he is the person that keep his mouth shot). Pack out and experience breakthrough and try n rent a house where people are progressing or are rich when you rent those house you yourself just start getting rich as long as you consistent. N your neighbors won't be envious of you to a very reasonable extent

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Landlord To Ask How His Tenant Got A Car? by Karleb(m): 5:19am On Oct 03, 2020
I like your response. grin

Don't ask him, with such a response your landlord is not expecting a reply anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Landlord To Ask How His Tenant Got A Car? by Karleb(m): 5:20am On Oct 03, 2020
tobechi74:
Your landlord know it is foolishness to own a car while living in a rented building ...

Why do Nigerians think this way?

It isn't foolishness to own a car in a rented apartment!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage In This Economy / Am I Doing The Right Thing / Don't Throw Babies In The Air, Or Else: !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.