Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? (1615 Views)

Poll: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer?

yes: 5% (1 vote)
no: 94% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / "My Wife Wears Sexy Dresses..but Wouldn't Let Me Touch Her" A Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by olunifemi(f): 9:07am On Aug 19, 2006
comments plsss
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by ikamefa(f): 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2006
@ topic no ! theres something called independence and knowing your own mind
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by Izzo(m): 2:02am On Aug 20, 2006
I really think thats just wack, cos a woman also has the right to decide what she wants 2 do and doesn't need the help of a man. Except, if she wants his opinion and not him forcing her into what she doesn't want.
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by iice(f): 8:06am On Aug 20, 2006
nope
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by kiki(f): 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2006
hell nah she got a mind of her own 2
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by omonozozo(m): 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2006
kiki:

hell nah she got a mind of her own 2

There is no mind of your own in marriage, both couples have to agree in every decision or it won't work.
A career is one of that important decision that need compromise.
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by dominobaby(f): 2:35am On Aug 21, 2006
Hol on a sec, i want to get something straight. Is it after they are married he wants to 'dictate' her career? What was she doing before they got married? In marriage, both are one! Whatever decision should be taken unanimously and not 'dictated'
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by kiki(f): 2:37am On Aug 21, 2006
well i know in marriage u got to discuss things togethe but like domino said is it befor or after? undecided
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by outlaws(m): 12:11am On May 10, 2007
cool
Yes, he can ask her. No. he can't pressure her into it
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by dominobaby(f): 7:53am On May 10, 2007
Is it after they are married he wants to 'dictate' to his wife? What was she doing before they got married? Haba!
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by olunifemi(f): 7:35pm On May 12, 2007
u know some guys sponsore their wives-2-be bf marriage.so, ans my questn
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by dominobaby(f): 7:41pm On May 12, 2007
I didn't get your statement clearly olunifemi, but i guess you're refering to if the guys sponsors the lady's education, well in that case, he still hasn't got the ultimate right to 'dictate' to her unless of course he's doing all of that for selfish reasons, there aint no real love!
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by CrazyMan(m): 7:51pm On May 12, 2007
Well from my own view, It's not fair to dictate one's carreer simply because you want to marry her.
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by jintujinta(m): 6:35pm On Mar 14, 2008
omonozozo:

There is no mind of your own in marriage, both couples have to agree in every decision or it won't work.
A career is one of that important decision that need compromise.

Good point.

Well, lets look at it this way. It is not dictation but preference. Some careers are not really good for the home. For instance work that involve night shift, or too much closeness with the opposite sex, or the one that takes all of her time. Take for instance jobs like that of a Nurse, A P.A, or secretary, a banker, etc

A man may not be comfortable with it may be because of the children's welfare or because of the father himself. So if he insists that the wife should not take up any of these types of job, it may look like dictating but it may be for the good of the home.
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by ifyalways(f): 8:13pm On Mar 14, 2008
He can only dictate for me if hes the one that paid my school fees .
However,carreer and working hours for both couple is an important issue that should be dealt with and sorted during courtship.
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by holythug(m): 8:20pm On Mar 14, 2008
lai lai
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by TOYOSI20(f): 10:09pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ topic,

No he mustn't, instead he should support and encourage her on whatever her decision is. , . . .
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by kolaoloye(m): 3:34pm On Mar 17, 2008
Let the two of them reason together and agree.
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by jkpretty(f): 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2008
Why should he dictate. Let her choose whatever she wants/likes. Lest she holds the guy responsible for her failed future.
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by pahtahkee: 10:23pm On Mar 17, 2008
jkpretty:

Why should he dictate. Let her choose whatever she wants/likes. Lest she holds the guy responsible for her failed future.
Thou hast well said twinny. cool
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by Nobody: 4:22am On Mar 25, 2008
can a wife dictate when and where her husband goes out?
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by camillo: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2008
No way, ones carreer is a passion that eats one up until something is done about it , how then can my husband tell me what to or not, this thing call career is spiritual cos it connect to ur being, so in this case no dictation one needs to follow ones heart
Re: Should A Husband Dictate His Wife's Carreer? by Ezinwannem: 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2008
NOPE cuz wen I decided 2 read what I read, I didnt know him and even if I did, he knew wat I was studying and what it entails

(1) (Reply)

How Does A Young Couple Deal With A Dying Child? / Why I Killed My Husband, New Bride Confesses / Unhappy...needs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.