Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December (13697 Views)

Amaechi: FG Has Paid $150m Out Of $500m Chinese Loan On Abuja-Kaduna Railway / Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed / Amaechi: FG Needs $656 MillionTo Complete Lagos-Ibadan Railway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Mazigabriel(m): 6:57am On Oct 02, 2020
• Without rails, roads won’t last, says Fashola

The $1.6bn Lagos-Ibadan railway project will be completed in December this year or early January 2021, the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, announced on Thursday.

Amaechi, who disclosed this during a live television programme that also had the Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, in attendance virtually, said he would work with Fashola and the Lagos State Government to move heavy duty trucks away from roads.

During the programme, which was monitored by our correspondent in Abuja, Fashola, while responding to a question, insisted that Nigerian roads would not last without the construction and usage of functional rail lines.

“I am his biggest champion when he (Amaechi) is presenting his request in the cabinet for the rails because I know that without the rail the roads will not last,” Fashola said.

He added, “The tankers are plying excess cargo; they are moving 60,000 tonnes instead of 33,000, 40,000 or 45,000 tonnes maximum. So, the best way is to move all that cargo into the tracks.

“That is what happens in countries we want to be like and that is where we are heading. So, he (Amaechi) has my support.”

Responding, the transportation minister said what his counterpart in the works ministry stated were correct, adding that he would partner Fashola and Lagos State to move cargoes from roads to rail.

Amaechi said the transfer of cargoes to rail would start majorly with the Lagos-Ibadan rail line, adding that the line should be completed this December or early January next year.

He said, “I intend to approach him (Fashola) in January and approach the Lagos State governor so that we can see how we can deal with Apapa. Why I said that is because by December to first or second week in January, we should have completed the Lagos-Ibadan.

“Then if we do, there will be a need to decide what vehicles can go to Lagos and the capacity of such vehicles or trucks.”

Amaechi added, “If we do that, we can then transfer all the cargoes that come from Apapa seaport to the railway. We believe we could transfer that up till Ibadan while we are still constructing the rail line from Ibadan to Kano.”

The minister stated that in two to three years, the Ibadan-Kano rail line would have received a lot of work, adding that more cargoes would move on the rail line.

He said, “In the next two to three years, we will see how much we would have tried to complete the Ibadan to Kano line. The more we are able to move these cargoes out of the road, then we can save our roads.

“Similarly, the same thing will happen from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri. So, I agree completely with the works minister, Babatunde Fashola, and I say to Nigerians to be more patient with us and allow us work to complete the projects.”

https://punchng.com/fg-will-complete-1-6bn-lagos-ibadan-railway-december-amaechi/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by SmartProf(m): 7:00am On Oct 02, 2020
Impressive...when it comes to rail transport development, this administration has done well. Hopefully we'll get to a point where crude oil products will begin to be transported more via rail than on roads. Weldone Amaechi and his team.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by chatinent: 7:01am On Oct 02, 2020
Nigeria doesn't impress me a bit.

Let your Kingdom come, Father! cry

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Seerade029: 7:02am On Oct 02, 2020
He added , “ The tankers are plying excess cargo; they are moving 60 , 000 tonnes instead of 33 ,000 , 40 ,000 or 45 ,000 tonnes maximum. So , the best way is to move all that cargo into the tracks .
“ That is what happens in countries we want to be like and that is where we are heading . So , he ( Amaechi ) has my support .”
Responding, the transportation minister said what his counterpart in the works ministry stated were correct , adding that he would partner Fashola and Lagos State to move cargoes from roads to rail .
Amaechi said the transfer of cargoes to rail would start majorly with the Lagos- Ibadan rail line, adding that the line should be completed this December or early January next year.
He said, “ I intend to approach him (Fashola) in January and approach the Lagos State governor so that we can see how we can deal with Apapa

Amaechi added , “ If we do that, we can then transfer all the cargoes that come from Apapa seaport to the railway.

Mehnnn I would be happy if this is done.
There are thousands of trailers from that Apapa Ehn. ..

We believe we could transfer that up till Ibadan while we are still constructing the rail line from Ibadan to Kano.”
The minister stated that in two to three years, the Ibadan -Kano rail line would have received a lot of work, adding that more cargoes would move on the rail line.
He said, “ In the next two to three years, we will see how much we would have tried to complete the Ibadan to Kano line. The more we are able to move these cargoes out of the road , then we can save our roads .

This is actually good.
I believe by 2025 - 2030, we would be seeing some of these results cos it can't happen in a day not even in a year.
Including Diversification. Food will be cheaper very soon. wink, cos diversification has commenced since 2018. But not yet sufficient by 2023 - 2025 we would be seeing the results of these things.
The farmers are just cashing out currently cos there is no much competition

Now that itakpe rail has been completed, moving steel from ajaokuta to warri will be great.

24 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Mazigabriel(m): 7:02am On Oct 02, 2020
SmartProf:
what did you write here

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Mazigabriel(m): 7:03am On Oct 02, 2020
Seerade029:
what does the dot signify
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Mazigabriel(m): 7:03am On Oct 02, 2020
chatinent:
so you have lost faith in Nigeria
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by SmartProf(m): 7:06am On Oct 02, 2020
Mazigabriel:
what did you write here
I was still bringing out my HB pencil, sharpener and eraser then. U should have been patient.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Mazigabriel(m): 7:08am On Oct 02, 2020
SmartProf:

I was still bringing out my HB pencil, sharpener and eraser then. U should have been patient.
hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by eugenenwajei(m): 7:10am On Oct 02, 2020
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Seerade029: 7:22am On Oct 02, 2020
Ameachi really tried, I just hope Lagos - port Harcourt - Aba - Calabar rail will be completed.
At least to do something in his home state

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Okoroawusa: 7:31am On Oct 02, 2020
I Love PMB

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Enudapan: 8:01am On Oct 02, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Amaechi the main odogwu
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by AdaugoChisom(f): 8:02am On Oct 02, 2020
Aboki minister
Sometime I wonder if Ameachi have sense of home in him.
Chineke ga-ata gị ahụhụ otu ụbọchị

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by originalprof: 8:02am On Oct 02, 2020
Thank you
Anything else
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by classicfrank4u(m): 8:02am On Oct 02, 2020
R
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by growtogeda: 8:02am On Oct 02, 2020
I just hope this railway is completed quick.
enjoy my cartoon here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piyyL63HVxo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by BruncleZuma: 8:02am On Oct 02, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by drololaaof: 8:03am On Oct 02, 2020
Your 'will: when is it ending
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by sylve11: 8:03am On Oct 02, 2020
cool........ cool
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Lovelies1: 8:03am On Oct 02, 2020
December
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by manunitedbabes: 8:03am On Oct 02, 2020
cheesy congratulations
Let it not enter 2021 ohhhh
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by iyanumiv(m): 8:04am On Oct 02, 2020
we are waiting sha...

MIV......
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by olaolulazio(m): 8:05am On Oct 02, 2020
chatinent:
leave then!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Rugaria: 8:05am On Oct 02, 2020
He is wearing ishi-agu all over the place with different red caps to match., Yet following his ogas doctirine of removing the rights of some people, he has not done any single rail tack in the whole former eastern Nigeria! After 6 solid years in charge! This country will one day crash under the heavy weight of it's iniquitous existence

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:06am On Oct 02, 2020
is this a campaign promise or a realistic target? well they better do as that project is of strategic importance to the nation!
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2020
Seerade029:
Ameachi really tried, I just hope Lagos - port Harcourt - Aba - Calabar rail will be completed.
At least to do something on his home state

The man is good. I am proud of him!

God bless Nigeria.

valentineuwakwe:
is this a campaign promise or a realistic target? well they better do as that project is of strategic importance to the nation!

Campaign gini? This administration is not like the others we are used to. It's a proactive administration. cheesy

chatinent:

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.. " John F. Kennedy

My brother, Nigeria is not impressed with you. cheesy

SmartProf:
Impressive...when it comes to rail transport development, this administration has done well. Hopefully we'll get to a point where crude oil products will begin to be transported more via rail than on roads. Weldone Amaechi and his team.

God bless you our one and only Prof... cheesy

Nigeria is on the path to greatness...

God bless President Mohammadu Buhari.
God bless Professor Osinbajo.
God bless Amaechi.
God bless Nigerians.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by Akeem79(m): 8:07am On Oct 02, 2020
Its time for them to change their brooms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:07am On Oct 02, 2020
Okay
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December by IMASTEX: 8:07am On Oct 02, 2020
chatinent:

Mazigabriel:
so you have lost faith in Nigeria

Who hasn't really out side politicians, religious men & criminals.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Martins Okechukwu "J Martins" Withdraws from House Of Reps Race / FG Declares October 2nd As Public Holiday / Most Of Tinubu’s Appointments Favour Southwest Region - HURIWA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.