Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:34 PM

My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) (6457 Views)

People Boarding A Bus In Lagos In The 1980s (Throwback Photo) / Lagos In 1960 / The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by MrBachelor: 12:24am On Oct 03, 2020
Queenlovely:
my opinion of the pictures are as follows:

1. explorers no be small boy again oh, a man of 36 years now wow.

and this little kid now has his own kid and a wife. and his own wife that he would bang eternally without paying a dime after action.

my own junior brother was a regular patron of these olosho houses from auchi to Kano, to pH all the ASHAWO calls him customer, the night he slept with his wife he brought out his wallet to pay her, then he remembered he is now a married man and can bang whenever without paying again.

2. explorers was not born handsome, sorry to say this your sisters are not too beautiful too, but they are beautiful.

3. explorers is from a middle class family, only few families visited bar beach back then. his mum( peace be upon her) was a Christian and a beautiful woman, my guess is that she is a housewives a trader or a schoolteacher, maybe they went to visit their daddy who was transferred there to work in the civil service.

4. the love of knowledge is within the family, look at the lady with eye glasses, she looks scholarly , she must have given explorers a million home lessons.
explorers is this shy type, he was shy. books was his best friend, he was a weak kid growing up, his mates would beat him.

explorers suck lips Wella

You must be a talkative. But on it's own that's not a problem. The problem is from this post it is obvious that you're prone to making senseless and moronic comments.
Always use your brain first before using your mouth/key pad, whichever it might be.

2 Likes

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by VickyRotex(f): 1:43am On Oct 03, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

That's true. smiley

However it remains my biggest fear. Even when I see old people I get scared like "I'd be like this ..old and fragile one day" embarassed

lol. That's why we should cherish and appreciate every moment. Besides growing old is a blessing and what matters is growing old with God.

~Isaiah 40:28-31

Explorers, nice thread! cool

2 Likes

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Ishilove: 4:56am On Oct 03, 2020
Karleb:

Who asked you?

Can't you just admire and waka pass?

Or just waka pass?
That one? She writes rubbish all the time
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Ishilove: 5:02am On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers:
Same day, we visited one place called Amusement park.
My mum said I got lost there when I was about two years old. One minute I was with her, the next I was nowhere to be found. She almost ran mad that day. She, my dad and the workers there spent almost three hours looking for me until they found me clinging to an adult who was looking for my parents. Why the adult did not simply hand me over to a worker beats my imagination.

1 Like

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:41am On Oct 03, 2020
Ishilove:

My mum said I got lost there when I was about two years old. One minute I was with her, the next I was nowhere to be found. She almost ran mad that day. She, my dad and the workers there spent almost three hours looking for me until they found me clinging to an adult who was looking for my parents. Why the adult did not simply hand me over to a worker beats my imagination.

3hrs

Your Dad will be like, 'where's my daughter? you're careless' grin
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Iceyjayz: 6:52am On Oct 03, 2020
Ishilove:

That one? She writes rubbish all the time
Wow! ishilove is now a man, I guess you have changed your thing too. grin
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Ishilove: 7:12am On Oct 03, 2020
Iceyjayz:
Wow! ishilove is now a man, I guess you have changed your thing too. grin
We all have feminine and masculine sides. I'm getting in touch with my masculine side grin
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Ishilove: 7:13am On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers:

3hrs

Your Dad will be like, 'where's my daughter? you're careless' grin
My mum said it was during one of those festive periods, perhaps Easter or so, so everywhere was jam-packed. That was now the time I chose to wander off with my short legs grin

My dad was with her so they got equal and balanced shares of the blame. cheesy
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Iceyjayz: 7:18am On Oct 03, 2020
Ishilove:

We all have feminine and masculine sides. I'm getting in touch with my masculine side grin
I see grin
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by Ishilove: 7:24am On Oct 03, 2020
Iceyjayz:
I see grin
grin
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by ThreeEyedRaven: 7:27am On Oct 03, 2020
VickyRotex:

lol. That's why we should cherish and appreciate every moment. Besides growing old is a blessing and what matters is growing old with God.

~Isaiah 40:28-31

Explorers, nice thread! cool
So true cool

1 Like

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by TopeQs: 7:42am On Oct 03, 2020
Ishilove:

this is hilarious....grin

1 Like

Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by iboboyswag(m): 9:40am On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers:
Same day, we visited one place called Amusement park.

Myself, my younger sis, my late sis, late mum and cousin.

A boat ride with my younger sister, bumper car ride, circling horses and later went to the park's restaurant/eatry.

Took jollof rice with chicken and GoldSpot drink.

We paid in coins, can still remember small this last Lagos visit.

From here, we visited kingsway that has a door that open itself and escalator stairs that moves up and down.

At night, we went to see planes at MMIA(last time i saw planes/ airport).

Lost the pictures to water years later, had to dry these ones then sef(Check the second photo).

Traveled back to Ondo second day.

Amusement Park... Quite Nostalgic
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by iboboyswag(m): 9:48am On Oct 03, 2020
davillian:

Yes Mr man.....

Chai! I was one of the Kids that benefitted from the Mr Biggs is 10 promo... Our enjoyment that day no be here.

Arguably the best fun filled day of life as a child.

Mtwchewww... Man is aging man!
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by davillian(m): 10:51am On Oct 03, 2020
iboboyswag:

Chai! I was one of the Kids that benefitted from the Mr Biggs is 10 promo... Our enjoyment that day no be here.

Arguably the best fun filled day of life as a child.

Mtwchewww... Man is aging man!
Like play like play....we growing fast...
I de carry my Mr biggs cap come house use am bugga my pair groups grin
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by privaldo: 11:25am On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers, I notice you said this was your last visit to the airport and to Lagos.

What happened I may ask? If it's something personal, please do not share.
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by enomakos(m): 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
davillian:

Yes Mr man.....
Thanks for the education bro,I thought they starts operation in the late 90
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by sammirano: 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
MrBachelor:

You must be a talkative. But on it's own that's not a problem. The problem is from this post it is obvious that you're prone to making senseless and moronic comments.
Always use your brain first before using your mouth/key pad, whichever it might be.

You people should leave the girl joor. Everyone is allowed their opionion, the op knows that better. It is you people that will still complain the govt is taking away your right to free speech, and you are shutting down a honest review. You will be shocked if over 80% of her assertions are true.
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by davillian(m): 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
enomakos:
Thanks for the education bro,I thought they starts operation in the late 90
Nope
I know pops was taking us there late 80s...
So I had to Google it to clear doubts
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by moonraker(m): 5:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers:
Maybe some Lagos Nairalanders can recognize this place.

In Rick Ross voice (ughhh) The 504 is a classic.

That second pic looks like Ijora bridge or obalende

Explorer is an OG!!! I remember christmas of 1991, You would watch TV of kids sending special request live from that Amusement park sponsored by
Maltina. cheeeiiiiii

Days of ABG Satellite
CableTel
Clapperboard
Goldspot and Limca
Sunday Rendezvous?

oh well
Re: My First And Last Trip To Lagos In The 1980s(Photos) by enomakos(m): 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2020
davillian:

Nope
I know pops was taking us there late 80s...
So I had to Google it to clear doubts
thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today Is World Tourism Day - Let's Celebrate Tourism In Nigeria / Austria Student Visa. / Distance By Road Between Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.