Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor (41091 Views)

Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo Has Multiple Names: Bayelsan Urges Disqualification Of Diri / LP: Court Nullification Of Alex Otti’s Candidature Too Late – Festus Ogun / Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2020
engineerboat:

For EDO until we see the facts of the matter of the various parties.

Byt it will surely be an interesting time ahead
Some were made public here.

https://www.nairaland.com/6000887/olanipekun-four-sans-lead-cases#91864096

engineerboat:

Me think that the court should begin to wield its bug hammer on most of this frivolous cases.

By that whether APC or PDP they will think twice befoe approaching the court
Esp; from End-of-the-year parties.
Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by engineerboat(m): 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
fergie001:

They knew they didn't stand a chance, they just wanted to cause confusion. No Court will grant them their prayers and they knew it.

Me think that the court should begin to wield its bug hammer on most of this frivolous cases.

By that whether APC or PDP they will think twice befoe approaching the court
Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by engineerboat(m): 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2020
fergie001:

Some were made public here.

https://www.nairaland.com/6000887/olanipekun-four-sans-lead-cases#91864096

Esp; from End-of-the-year parties.

Yes i see some of them but im still studying them.

But from what i see in some of them, the chances of causing any change to thr present situation is slim.

Except if their is any hidden facts that had not been nade public
Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by Oracleforce: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2020
Johnnyessence:
ondo state is next on October 10

Ondo state no be Bayelsa state...

100000 of Eyitayo cannot win this election.....

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2020
engineerboat:

Yes i see some of them but im still studying them.

But from what i see in some of them, the chances of causing any change to thr present situation is slim.

Except if their is any hidden facts that had not been nade public
I have dissected all and will react at the appropriate time.
Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by garfield1: 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
fergie001:

The SC will help us distinguish between Disqualification & Exclusion!

In Kogi 2019....the SC never brought up the issue of statute-barred or not but just valid or invalid nomination.

Adamawa 2019.....Help me with the case.

Again....don't let us lose focus on this case, the ANDP were informed they will had an invalid nomination since Sept 27, 2019 & they did nothing about it until Feb 26, 2020. Isn't that erroneous?

One small party also complained of exclusion in Adamawa last year,can't remember how it ended.

Infact,am no more interested inbayelsa,let diri win afterall he will lose again in 2023 depending on how apc performs in bayelsa central this Month.I rather focus on the bye polls and seriake case.I dont know of ondo.
It is clear that even apc are not interested on bayelsa based on 2023 calculations. They can always get 25% there without a game governor unlike imo that they can't get 25% without a governor
Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by garfield1: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2020
fergie001:

Hmmm.....Something is not right but it is just that Opuama don't have the facts.

Or he had the facts but a fast one was played on him.he was scammed and misled.again,his lawyers didn't arrange his case well.jaga jaga
Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by Mopolchi: 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
Let's agree that you and your ANDP have a point to prove, why did you not file it on time, especially after the said election? undecided
mosdii:
This is laughable.

What are the prayers of ANDP?
The ANDP was after its exclusion and not proving if its candidates were validly nominated or qualified.

Bottom line, INEC has no power to disqualify or exclude a party from participating in an election because it doesn't screen candidates of parties contesting an election.

Nigerian judiciary is a mess.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
garfield1:

One small party also complained of exclusion in Adamawa last year,can't remember how it ended.
Unlawful exclusion.
APP v Fintiri
The tribunal dismissed the case on lack of merit at a cost of 1m against APP, they didn't appeal.

Infact,am no more interested inbayelsa,let diri win afterall he will lose again in 2023 depending on how apc performs in bayelsa central this Month.I rather focus on the bye polls and seriake case.I dont know of ondo.

It is clear that even apc are not interested on bayelsa based on 2023 calculations. They can always get 25% there without a governor unlike imo that they can't get 25% without a governor
Hmmmm
Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
garfield1:

Or he had the facts but a fast one was played on him.he was scammed and misled.again,his lawyers didn't arrange his case well.jaga jaga
When it comes to certificate-issues, I can't trust any politician.
Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by Arabaincubus: 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2020
Is the name of that party Advance Fee Fraud Party?

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by EmekaA125(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
Congratulations. Bayelsa is just 8 LGA's. Do your best Sir to make her citizens happy.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by jimter44(m): 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
Three major problems exit in Nigeria.
(1) Bad security personnel's

(2) Bad Lawyers

(3) Bad Judges

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by basadenet: 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
The case is statue barred having failed to file within 14days, so case close. Congrats Mr. Diri

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by Apina(m): 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
mosdii:
This is laughable.

The ANDP was after its exclusion and not proving if its candidates were validly nominated or qualified.

Bottom line, INEC has no power to disqualify or exclude a party from participating in an election because it doesn't screen candidates of parties contesting an election.

Neither does INEC have the power to put the name of an underaged candidate on the ballot. I wonder if some of you have buried your brain in Sambisa undecided
mosdii:
This is laughable.

Neither does INEC have the power to put the name of an underaged candidate on the ballot. I wonder if some of you have buried your brain in Sambisa

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2020
Oracleforce:

Ondo state no be Bayelsa state...

100000 of Eyitayo cannot win this election.....
I don hear you. ondo people are casting their votes for PDP candidate jegede.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by seunayantokun(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
It is common sense. We knew it would be so. Congrats to truth which always wins.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by Judeerons32: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2020
My thoughts exactly.
mosdii:
This is laughable.

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by eben28(m): 2:25am On Oct 03, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Oshiomole was overwhelmingly voted for but rigged out. There were protests everywhere, so much that the PDP couldn't have incurred the wrath of the people.

As for Peter Obi, he was impeached in the most controversial manner that drew the ire of everyone both within and outside Nigeria. It was a failed "coup detat"

In both cases, the PDP tried but failed woefully. If not for the doggedness of the people and the international community, both governors would have been kicked out..

[b]But here, we have an APC governor who was overwhelmingly voted for sacked. [/b]That's the true meaning of non interference. cheesy

Bros sorry, the election was rigged in the favour of APC. Several polling units where hijacked and then electorates were instructed to thumb print on APC upon their arrival to the polling unit. A colleague of mine who went to cast his vote narrated what happened that day.

I believe God is working for the good of bayelsans because only Him knows what apc has planned to do if they' had succeeded in taking the state.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by eben28(m): 2:34am On Oct 03, 2020
emae009:
Please I just want to know how two courts will hear the case but gives different judgements. Is it that the court that nullifies the election in the first place didn't know about this two case points:

- ANDP did not prove valid nomination of its candidate to contend unlawful exclusion.

- Case of ANDP was statute barred having failed to file within 14days.

This is because they failed to appeal the case within 14 days after INEC issued a warning about the qualification of their candidate.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by kcnwaigbo: 2:52am On Oct 03, 2020
garfield1:

It is clear that even apc are not interested on bayelsa based on 2023 calculations. They can always get 25% there without a game governor unlike imo that they can't get 25% without a governor
Let APC present Tinubu they will struggle to even get 25% in the North

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by emae009(m): 5:57am On Oct 03, 2020
eben28:

This is because they failed to appeal the case within 14 days after INEC issued a warning about the qualification of their candidate.

I know what it meant, I was asking if the tribunal that nullify the election didn't know that before giving its judgement.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor by eben28(m): 10:06am On Oct 03, 2020
emae009:

I know what it meant, I was asking if the tribunal that nullify the election didn't know that before giving its judgement.

It's likely that the tribunal was compromised. I guess that's the reason the chairman dissociated himself from the judgement of the tribunal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aba Residents Trek On Osisioma Flyover To Prove To Gov Ikpeazu / Re: Army Shuns Southern Officers, Deploy Northern Commanders To South-east / Edo Modular Refinery In Pictures: A Product Of MOU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.