Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together (1224 Views)

Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? / Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by Lemmy123(m): 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hi Nairalanders, I notice that couples begin to look alike after some years of being together. I used to be indifferent about it until my sister who got married 5 years ago began to look like her husband...

What could be the biological explanation for the facial resemblance??

I'm just curious, it's nothing serious
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by HITsquad: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2020
They don't... Just our brain getting used to seeing them together and associating them with each other! It's all psychological man.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by koolib(m): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
Usually because their children combine some of their features. They are now assumed to resemble.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by doggedfighter(f): 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
Old wives tales says it's because they exchange bodily fluids like semen etc. Rubbish !

Religious folks will say that when you have sex with someone you form a soul tie. Bollocks !

I have seen very beautiful , handsome women and men married to not good looking partners. I am still waiting for when they will start looking alike.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by Righteousness89(m): 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
That's the Goodness,Greatness Sweetness and Perfectness of My Father in Heaven..

Hallowed Be His Name..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by nBag(m): 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2020
bro Righteousness89 has summarised it.
let me elaborate:
exchange of fluid rubbish.... prostitutes should then look like who?

only God has the answers.. the wise king Solomon of Israel said and I quote: the ways of a man and a maiden I cannot understand

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by Oldoinyolengai(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
I may not know why so but I knew this thing long time ago when I was very young.
A lot of parents looked alike except mine.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by Uyi168: 5:51pm On Oct 02, 2020
Excessive exchange of Vaginal and sperminal fluids..
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by Ehiscotch(m): 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
I thought I was the only one in that boat, man.

Glad to know I wasn't just thinking things.
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by Munzy14(m): 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
That's the Goodness,Greatness Sweetness and Perfectness of My Father in Heaven..

Hallowed Be His Name..
Evange you have come again... grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by GreaterFuture1(m): 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hmmn
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by Munzy14(m): 7:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
Lemmy123:
Hi Nairalanders, I notice that couples begin to look alike after some years of being together. I used to be indifferent about it until my sister who got married 5 years ago began to look like her husband...

Not just married people alone, even boy friend and girl friend that av dated for long will start looking like each other.. cheesy
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by PremierGuy(m): 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2020
The two shall become one flesh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by Samfloxin(m): 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2020
I don't believe that shit. It is impossible that me and my wife will look alike.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by Lemmy123(m): 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2020
Help people stay informed by pushing this to FP!!! Seun
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by Ishilove: 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
Exchange of DNA
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by iamyemiakins(m): 12:22am On Oct 03, 2020
There are some things that no matter how you try to explain or find out about, you just seem not to get the right answer. This is an example!
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by Karleb(m): 5:06am On Oct 03, 2020
HITsquad:
They don't... Just our getting used to seeing them together and associating them with each other! It's all psychological man.

I don't know why people believe this.
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by ABOVEDELAW: 9:47am On Oct 03, 2020
THAT IS A MYTH, JUST AN ILLUSION OR THINGS OF THE MIND.
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by Saintmary(f): 10:11am On Oct 03, 2020
Lemmy123:

True, we humans are like sponges, we soak up stuff.
When you admire someone, you end up copying mannerisms that you like subconsciously.
So, you'll see couples that smile the same way, squint the same way, etc.
Though you'll still notice the essential differences if you look closely.
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by bethelofficial: 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
For Vibrant Interior Spaces

Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by PlsBanMe: 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
This isn't correct at all. Oshiomole didn't look like her wife and even the trophy wife na?

Atiku isn't looking like her wife (which one the wives self).

It is all nonsense.
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by merieam16(f): 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
Maybe in the olden days, not dez present day. Every1 to der faces tho...
Re: Why Do Couples Begin To Look Alike After Some Time Together by horpeyemmi66(m): 12:18am On Oct 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

Hallowed Be His Name..
Just so stupid

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do??? / Is My Daughter Developing Inferiority Complex? / Where To Buy Quality Mattress Topper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.