Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair (25916 Views)

FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu / FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje / Borrowing To Subsidise Electricity Grossly Irresponsible -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Odion2016(m): 7:04am On Oct 03, 2020
Please call me anthony joshua and style bender,,these guys deserve some beating...aha,,whats happening?!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Uniquewhyte99(m): 7:05am On Oct 03, 2020
Using tax money from ordinary Nigerians including Farmers and Herdsmen to pay the clueless people in government that we erroneously call leaders is fair abi

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by 2016v2017: 7:12am On Oct 03, 2020
Azmanaty03:
Useless fools.

When u think u ve heard the worst, they drop another bomb undecided
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by 2016v2017: 7:15am On Oct 03, 2020
FarahAideed:
Herdsmen have never paid a single tax in this country since inception and besides what subsidy is he talking of ?

Is this not the same Buhari that kept saying subsidy was a fraud and even went as far as asking on National TV " Who is Subsidizing Who?

Today I ask Buhari who is Subsidizing who
The illite.rate dullard imposter the.at Aso Rock thinks about the welfare of cows and foolanis only

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Fash20: 7:15am On Oct 03, 2020
This is a biased claim from the Mr shehu.
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Comedian2019: 7:19am On Oct 03, 2020
Whenever I see this garbage shehu's face, I see the meaning of stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by oluwoleife: 7:22am On Oct 03, 2020
Like Seriously?
What a Country!
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Okoroawusa: 7:27am On Oct 03, 2020
"farmers,herders n low-level people in the society" that's what he said.

Punch just created their own headline.

The wailing continues...
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Bluffly: 7:27am On Oct 03, 2020
iwaeda:
How much tax do farmers and herdsmen pay?
Are they even paying
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by ABBEYsammy01(m): 7:36am On Oct 03, 2020
And it is fair to use the resources from the south, especially the south south to build refinery in Kaduna,to build roads all over the norths, it is fair to use the money from crude oil to build universities all over the norths, including university of transportation going on in kastina state.
It is fair when the proceeds from Niger Delta is used to pay you guys the bogus salary and allowances, especially the jobless northern politicians?
The issue is very simple, since the herders are in total control of their herds, the farmers are in charge of the proceeds from their farms, then the region with crude oil should be allowed to control their oil in order to safe federal government the headache of subsidy or no subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by EMMY76: 7:38am On Oct 03, 2020
Stupid dumb people but northern fulaniherdsmen and farmers can be collecting billions of grants from proceeds from oil sales?
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Dankey(m): 7:39am On Oct 03, 2020
It shall never be well with whosoever brought this shame of Administration to Us ...ijn
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by maasoap(m): 8:01am On Oct 03, 2020
They have paid the tax to the government, what concern them how you spend the money on the citizens? Besides, that assertion is misleading, use income from crude oil to subsidise the fuel now.
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Yujin(m): 8:02am On Oct 03, 2020
Hedonisco:

Too sad. Mind numbingly sad.

At this point I can only hope for divine intervention, since Nigerians have been pummelled into sheepish docility.
Next time when you see IPOB members protesting, don't condemn them. We're not docile to challenge the evil system for the future of our children.
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by One4me: 8:04am On Oct 03, 2020
Azmanaty03:
Useless fools.

When u think u ve heard the worst, they drop another bomb undecided

That is what happens when a Jihadist takes an !diot as Special Adviser!
These two fools dont see anything wrong in using Crude Oil money to subsidize Rice farms in the North?
They dont see anything wrong in using VAT generated from Sale of Alcohol, to spend in the North where Beers are destroyed/

OOh God,forgive us for we have made a grave mistake in thy sight!
Let Kofid-One-Nine take away our enemies and those who suffer us in the land you have given our forefathers

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by maasoap(m): 8:05am On Oct 03, 2020
Responding, however, Shehu said, “Is it fair that the taxpayers’ money… how many Nigerians have cars anyway? How many of them run generators in their homes that they need this fuel for?

The same silly argument pushed forward by Jonathan, Iweala, Abati and Omokri
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by One4me: 8:07am On Oct 03, 2020
2016v2017:

The illite.rate dullard imposter the.at Aso Rock thinks about the welfare of cows and foolanis only

The fool only sees "Cow" in everything before him.

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by maasoap(m): 8:09am On Oct 03, 2020
One4me:

That is what happens when a Jihadist takes an !diot as Special Adviser!
These two fools dont see anything wrong in using Crude Oil money to subsidize Rice farms in the North?
They dont see anything wrong in using VAT generated from Sale of Alcohol, to spend in the North where Beers are destroyed

OOh God,forgive us for we have made a grave mistake in thy sight!
Let Kofid-One-Nine take away our enemies and those who suffer us in the land you have given our forefathers

Must you bring religion or tribalism into every discussion? He mentioned farmers before herders, why not attack his comment just like others instead of his religion or where he comes from? You can do better like the rest of us
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by tonyson010(m): 8:11am On Oct 03, 2020
Mysticwebb:
The way the current employees of this government talk looks like their career will end with this administration.
One day even their children will look at some of their comments and shake their head in shame.

I tell you.
Buh that's if they don't inherit their parents gene of lying.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Ten06(m): 8:12am On Oct 03, 2020
In a society of great moral crises truth is usually the first casualty.
This country is finished, mostly now that we are being lead by lies upon lies.
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by ijewerek(m): 8:13am On Oct 03, 2020
JaffyJoe:
Does this fool knows commercial farming isn't possible without provision for logistical resources? Your herders need to move their livestocks too at some point. The farmers needs vehicles to convey their crops to the cities.
Everyone is affected except for you greedy politicians.

Now I finally believe this man is a big fool. Nigerians have big fools as leaders piloting the afair of this great nation. God helps us.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by tonyson010(m): 8:14am On Oct 03, 2020
maasoap:

The same silly argument pushed forward by Jonathan, Iweala, Abati and Omokri

Go and get where GEJ & NOI said so.

You seem to be another buharist

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by ceaser: 8:17am On Oct 03, 2020
“Is it fair that the farmer, herders and low-level people in the society that the taxpayer money is taken from them is subsidising the lifestyle of our city urban dwellers? The President is just trying to be as practical on these matters as possible.

These guys are funny.

Herdsmen are nomadic, constantly on the move and neither have a permanent resident address nor any form of identification. The authorities dare not harass them to pay up else they will answer to the presidency. Therefore as things still go today in this dispensation, they tick all the boxes for those that can successfully escape the tax authorities.

On the other hand, crop farmers need land for their produce, they can therefore be traced and taxed accordingly.

I think MACBAN and their spokesperson Garba Shehu should know that Nigerians, save Fulanis who are chiefly migrants, know the gimmicks in that statement. Tryna give the impression that Fulani herdsmen pay tax "like the crop farmers and the rest of true Nigerians do". Maybe those that have enclosed ranches like Buhari does, but not likely the nomadic ones that are constantly on the move which are in the majority.
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:18am On Oct 03, 2020
FarahAideed:
Herdsmen have never paid a single tax in this country since inception and besides what subsidy is he talking of ?

Is this not the same Buhari that kept saying subsidy was a fraud and even went as far as asking on National TV " Who is Subsidizing Who?

Today I ask Buhari who is Subsidizing who

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by tonyson010(m): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2020
Nauttyprof:

Why not compare with Angola, the next competition with Nigeria on crude oil production? In Angola, fuel pump price is far lesser than what we have in Nigeria.

It is even shameful to mention herdsmen and farmers tax in this matter. Tax is meant for development and can never be classed. Tax is tax irrespective of whoever is paying this.

He needs to then, tell us how much tax the so called herdsmen pay and how the government go about collecting tax from herdsmen. Isn't it sick for him to have mentioned herdsmen in this? It justifies how this government supports those who are ready to kill her citizens than being realistic.

It's really sad being a Nigerian

They always attach much importance to herdsmen who a good number of them have become our security nightmares. How much tax is being collected from farmers and herdsmen directly ?

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by maasoap(m): 8:25am On Oct 03, 2020
tonyson010:

Go and get where GEJ & NOI said so.
You seem to be another buharist

Firstly, I'm a Buharist.
Secondly, I didn't support subsidy removal in 2012 and I'm not going to support it now because I'm not hypocrite like many of you who supported subsidy removal in 2012 but against it now because of the change in government.
Thirdly, that was their argument in 2012 but if you think that wasn't their argument, tell everyone here their argument. The statement was made by either Reuben or Reno
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Iyipinua: 8:28am On Oct 03, 2020
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/using-tax-from-herdsmen-farmers-to-subsidise-petrol-unfair-presidency/

There's something seriously wrong with Garba. Did he just include herdsmen among taxpayers?
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by quiteboy(m): 8:29am On Oct 03, 2020
This one funny oh
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by emezuo17: 8:32am On Oct 03, 2020
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/using-tax-from-herdsmen-farmers-to-subsidise-petrol-unfair-presidency/

. Where and to whom do herdsmen pay tax to. I laugh in fulfude.
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by getinspired01(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2020
In this administration nothing surprise me anymore

Do you need inspiration to carry on
Do you need to strengthen your will power
Do you need to energize your soul
Do you need motivation to achieve your goals
follow this thread for early morning inspirational messages and quote that will energize you for the day
https://www.nairaland.com/6141659/early-morning-inspiration-dosage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Army Begins Golden Dawn In Abia Says No Hiding Place For Criminals / Villagers Escaping Bandits’ Attack Drown In Abuja / What Did You Achieve In Buhari's 7+ Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.