Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair (25926 Views)

FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu / FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje / Borrowing To Subsidise Electricity Grossly Irresponsible -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by SOJOSEPH(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2020
So how is the federal government taking care of the low level Nigerians that are suffering from the price increase as a result of the lockdown, hike in fuel price poor governance of your administration?

So the major consideration is about the homeless herdsmen?

Nigerians are really realizing their mistakes. U hope we can correct ourselves

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 03, 2020
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/using-tax-from-herdsmen-farmers-to-subsidise-petrol-unfair-presidency/

How does the farmer transport his produce, Garba She-fool.

How would people earn money to buy the cattle off herders if they don't run the gasoline-fueled generators used to power their businesses?

Fool.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by nerorex01: 9:24am On Oct 03, 2020
HenryThegreat1:
The way buhari and his team are speaking this days, we are in serious trouble.

Hmmmmmmmm undecidedWe are in mess but God's mercy will be enough for our rejuvenation
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:32am On Oct 03, 2020
maasoap:

Firstly, I'm a Buharist.
Secondly, I didn't support subsidy removal in 2012 and I'm not going to support it now because I'm not hypocrite like many of you who supported subsidy removal in 2012 but against it now because of the change in government.
Thirdly, that was their argument in 2012 but if you think that wasn't their argument, tell everyone here their argument. The statement was made by either Reuben or Abati
Shame on you.
The govt that you so installed has failed you and is rubbing it on your face.
By the way, who is Ruben and who is abati? Abi change induced hunger done dey affect you ni?

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Nauttyprof(m): 9:36am On Oct 03, 2020
tonyson010:

They always attach much importance to herdsmen who a good number of them have become our security nightmares. How much tax is being collected from farmers and herdsmen directly ?

They are only deceiving themselves. We all know that they have no system put in place to tax them.
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by onpoint69(m): 9:44am On Oct 03, 2020
I wonder how these set of people sleep at night after spewing illogical analogies like the one ascribed to Garba Shehu, its the first time I'm hearing that tax from herdsmen and farmers now subsidise our petrol imports. God, what do these guys drink in the villa that makes them loss all sense of decent reasoning

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by RepentOperish: 9:51am On Oct 03, 2020
Very foolish reasoning. Herdsmen and farmers don't use transport to anywhere abi? Oh God please intervene speedily. This people are already confused.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by fkj950ax(m): 9:58am On Oct 03, 2020
The Minister, while speaking at the parley between the federal government and progressive governors forum (PGF) on Tuesday stated that Lagos has the highest VAT collection, amounting to 55% of Nigeria’s VAT.

According to her, FCT has the second place with 20%, while 6 % in Rivers, 5% in Kano and 1% in Kaduna.

As reported by TheCable, she also reiterated th

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Pablo47(m): 10:22am On Oct 03, 2020
But Sharia states benefit from the tax of alcohol. This govt policy is all about Fulani herdsmen

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Mars16(m): 10:24am On Oct 03, 2020
This mr.Garba Shehu response needs critical thinking......

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Spidermon: 10:26am On Oct 03, 2020
But it is okay to take VAT from the urban dwellers and spend on abokis in the village?

But why then are you opposed to 100% regional resource control ??

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by middlebelter(m): 10:31am On Oct 03, 2020
FarahAideed:
Herdsmen have never paid a single tax in this country since inception and besides what subsidy is he talking of ?

Is this not the same Buhari that kept saying subsidy was a fraud and even went as far as asking on National TV " Who is Subsidizing Who?

Today I ask Buhari who is Subsidizing who

My pain till date is how and why did Nigerian fall for the lies of this man and his promoters? After losing election 3times he publicly promised on television he won't contest again only for some to repackage him as an honest transparent person? A public lier for that matter? Honestly, I am angry.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by WaleRock: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2020
Herdsmen and farmers should never be used in the same sentence as if they are in harmony. It is deception!

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Chirowman(m): 10:52am On Oct 03, 2020
It will soon be over ,first time of hearing that herders pay tax ����.
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by slivertongue: 10:59am On Oct 03, 2020
FarahAideed:
Herdsmen have never paid a single tax in this country since inception and besides what subsidy is he talking of ?

Is this not the same Buhari that kept saying subsidy was a fraud and even went as far as asking on National TV " Who is Subsidizing Who?

Today I ask Buhari who is Subsidizing who

unguarded utterances like this is what fuels separatism. Shehu just said monkey go dey work baboon go dey chop

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by SolidGains: 11:07am On Oct 03, 2020
iwaeda:
How much tax do farmers and herdsmen pay?
Do they even pay at all?
They are all in the deserts where they kill and destroy ...besides, they move about everyday, shifting positions every minutes...how would taxation be possible under such condition?

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by tot(f): 11:09am On Oct 03, 2020
k2money:

You need to stop all this your negative post and by for a better country.

There is nothing negative about his posts but I understand the truth can be bitter to face.
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by biomedixexcel(m): 11:13am On Oct 03, 2020
These people are olodos, no wonder Nigeria is moving backward
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Mikat: 11:32am On Oct 03, 2020
Nigeria is moving without compas.
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Heffalump(m): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2020
iwaeda:
How much tax do farmers and herdsmen pay?

They only understand the language of cows. What else do you expect?
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by mcquin(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2020
maasoap:

Firstly, I'm a Buharist.
Secondly, I didn't support subsidy removal in 2012 and I'm not going to support it now because I'm not hypocrite like many of you who supported subsidy removal in 2012 but against it now because of the change in government.
Thirdly, that was their argument in 2012 but if you think that wasn't their argument, tell everyone here their argument. The statement was made by either Reuben or Abati
First point out where you came out strong to criticize Buhari over subsidy removal, then we'll take it from there.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by iwaeda: 12:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
Heffalump:

They only understand the language of cows. What else do you expect?
Very true!
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by puretayo(m): 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
This country "Nigeria" is a scam

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by ayenale1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
This shows this mofo wrotes the president's independence speech. Bubu setting a bad precedence.
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by PlanBIncome(m): 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
Show me or tell me one herders man that sold his cows and pay tax please? Sey oloriburuku ni man yi ni? Abi aye n'se gbo yin ni APC? Are you all just daft cos of the large sum you are currently stealing?

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by ajl: 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
Favemmzar200:
Are there people okay...when did herdsmen start paying tax

I wonder o! Those herdsmen carrying sticks and AK47 are Buhari tax payers grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by ajl: 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2020
PlanBIncome:
Show me or tell me one herders man that sold his cows and pay tax please? Sey oloriburuku ni man yi ni? Abi aye n'se gbo yin ni APC? Are you all just daft cos of the large sum you are currently stealing?

Maybe the spokesman or chairman of herdsmen called Miyetiallah....
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by dederocs(m): 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
Aboki too dull.
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by Insectkiller: 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
Foolishhhhh garba making herdsmen(what tax is naija getting from herdsmen) important..
This is an indirect way of justifying their horrible acts... NO WONDER they kill and get away with it, without anyone been arrested.

All d atrocities perpetrated by herdsmen are actually stage-played..
It's clear that all d herdsmen killing were masterminded and achieved as expected..

Are u still saying Nigeria is 1?

Rubbish!!!
Let them eat their fxcking cow while I use my crude oil
Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by maasoap(m): 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
mcquin:

First point out where you came out strong to criticize Buhari over subsidy removal, then we'll take it from there.

You are funny and you should know that, right? There are people who didn't didn't vote for Buhari or who are not into politics but give support to subsidy removal based on their economic belief.
Secondly, I'm telling you here live and directly that I wasn't a supporter of deregulation then and now but that is not enough for you. You want to see where I criticised it.
Not everyone is like you who supported subsidy removal in 2012 because it was done by PDP/Jonathan but now against because it's being done by APC/Buhari. Or, can you equally show me where you criticised Jonathan over fuel subsidy removal?

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by seunayantokun(m): 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
Further evidence that there is a group of ethnic rogues in the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair by maasoap(m): 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Shame on you.
The govt that you so installed has failed you and is rubbing it on your face.

The problem with many of you is that you are full of emotions instead of using common sense. Voting or supporting a government to power doesn't mean that all her policies will be what you would like. What sets you apart is your sincerity to condemn the ones you don't like.
Many mumus among you actually supported fuel subsidy removal under Jonathan in 2012 with refusal to protest in both South South and South East. What changed now that all of you are now against it? The fact is that you gave your support to the administration blindly, not her policies even when it hurt you. That's the difference between you and me. I didn't support it then and I'm not supporting it now.
And who told you that the one you wanted to install wouldn't have done the same thing? Lol

By the way, who is Ruben and who is abati? Reno Abi change induced hunger done dey affect you ni?
maasoap:
The same silly argument pushed forward by Jonathan, Iweala, Abati and Omokri

Hunger is reserved for you and wailing fellows.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency Can’t Remove Jega - APC Lawmakers / Asari Dokubo: "Buhari Marked Dino Melaye To Be Killed" / Nuhu Ribadu Appreciates Support Over Appointment As NSA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.