Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money (83150 Views)

Nollywood Actresses Make The Best Wives – Uche Ogbodo Claims (Photo) / Lupita Nyong'o & Her Boyfriend, Selema Masekelago Make Their Relationship Public / Kunle Afolayan Enrolls His Son, Damisire As An Apprentice At A Mechanic Workshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Acidosis(m): 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
He's right.

Ruth Kadiri for example sells Wigs on IG. The cheapest I've seen goes for N50k. Plus she gets some endorsements from skincare makers and other related stuff. Men don't get these kind of privilege. Never seen a male actor do the kind of businesses the females do.

Whether we like it or not, Nigerian women are very hardworking.

Some f00ls can continue to believe whatever they want. Ask them whether their mothers and sisters are into prostitution and they will give you a loud 'NO.'

Awon oloshi.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by ZooOga: 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
Good interview. I never knew he started out in banking. I'm glad he was able to receive financing from the CBN.

I know 9ja school masters reading this will recognize some of their former lazy students that abhor reading. grin

Top Nollywood ladies are blessed with talent and brains. wink

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by jubrilELsudan: 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2020
WE ALL KNOW THAT NOLLYWOOD ACTRESSES ARE SELLING THEIR KUKUNASE.

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by leaculpa: 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2020
I enjoyed this interview.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Decryptor(m): 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2020
His opinions!

Next!!
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by lexy2014: 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
updatechange:
Most of them get endorsement deals while some are small girls BIG god grin

U are still saying d same thing. They are all endorsement
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Bahamas95(m): 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
Kunle be like......." Nor be my mouth you go hear dat one o" grin

We all know how most of them get their money. Dem just dey use Nollywood cover up.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by lexy2014: 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
Acidosis:

He's right.

Ruth Kadiri for example sells Wigs on IG. The cheapest I've seen goes for N50k. Plus she gets some endorsements from skincare makers and other related stuff. Men don't get these kind of privilege. Never seen a male actor do the kind of businesses the females do.

Whether we like it or not, Nigerian women are very hardworking.

Some f00ls can continue to believe whatever they want. Ask them whether their mothers and sisters are into prostitution and they will give you a loud 'NO.'

Awon oloshi.

Can sugar daddies also give "endorsement"?
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Naijaarchive(m): 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
Lol this is just like asking politicians to state the exact amount they receive as salary and allowance.... They too will start writing epistle

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Chirowman(m): 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
Small girls with big gods
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by masui(m): 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2020
Them really chop belle full for this interview.

See epistle
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by lexy2014: 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2020
Nnemuka:
So many of you will be disappointed to read that the female actresses are also entrepreneurs cheesy
People like daft Openbusiness will choke to death with this news...
Come and read olodo married to a woman but hates female children.
iti

U are right but it depends on what u are "entrepreneuring". Maybe u missed this part of d interview:

"it’s either they are selling jewelry or they are selling clothing. Does the revenue from those clothing amount to owning a house? I don’t know".

5 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Omoobalamba: 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
Let's tell our selves the truth. Most of these female actors use their punana to get these deals. It is what it is

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Liposure: 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2020
kenzysmith:
oga save me this long sermon nolly wood is an avenue to show case and market themselves for different politicians we know all these jor especially that Anita Joseph that lady na big okpoooo
anita is a married woman
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2020
Islie:
Kunle Afolayan, is a film producer, director and actor. He is one of the sons of the late famous theatre and film director cum producer, Ade Love. Kunle has produced and directed popular films like Irapada, The Figurine, Phone Swap, October 1, Roti, Omugwo, The Tribunal, The CEO , Mokalik and The Citation. He shares his thoughts on a number of industry-related issues with Festus Akanbi. Excerpts:

THISDAY

This dude defo smokes a lot of weed

Classic stoner eyes loltongue

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Princessbettyj(f): 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2020
Tooooooooooooo long,wdf!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Ca4real: 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
Well written, kudos.

naiirablog:
News Uproar Rumours!

What was the greatest uproar this year?

The books says it came from from China....

CHAPTER 1

THE CORONAVIRUS

CHINA

A powerful nation existed in the middle of a place in far Asia. The name of it was called China, and her inhabitants were called the Chinese people.

They were popular for many things; Their crafty spirits their inventive fingers, their fearsome minds, their expertise in engineering. They owned tents which were very tall and uncanny, each one emerging from the foundations of the earth and shooting towards the tip of the firmament, as though to taunt the heavens. Their roads resented dust and were all tarred throughout their lengths and breaths with fine coat. These men carved for themselves horses out of metal to move on land, and also built swift birds that could ascend above the heavens, moving quick as arch angels; One minute they could take a man to Lebanon, another minute a brethren has arrived Arabia.
Such was the extent of their wisdom. Their fame spread abroad greatly, so that many people across the border came nigh, for the purpose of trade and for the purpose of tour.

Coronavirus

Then one day, a Chinese mother in Wuhan, had strapped her first son to her back with thick cloth and departed for the market. On getting to the square were she would tend her good, behold an unseen thing from above descended on her and her son. It leaped skillfully from the air into the tunnels, that fed into their lungs. And lo, they had a fever and both coughed a great deal. A neighbor by her side had asked, is it well? and she had answered saying ‘yes it is.
And as soon as she said so, the same thing had entered the neighbor too, and then the neighbours son and then their husbands, and then their friends, and then their friend’s children. Like a dream of the night, thousands of people were down with the thing. The disease.

When the healers and Teachers of medicine heard this, they all congregated and knocked their heads together to give it a name. For it is vanity to wrestle an adversary whose name you do not know. Hence, they all called it Corona the son of a Virus. For indeed the virus, corroded the spirit.

Now this virus Corona was an impatient affliction, it never suffered repentance. When it deals a man a blow, and he crashes to the ground it would not let him rise, before it deals him another. It choked the lungs it reddened the eyes, it gnawed at the throats, it seduced the spine with fierce cold. And to the old it was a sharp messenger of death.
In the morning a man with the virus say’s “good morning” to his fellow, in the evening 12men from the latter’s household would perish from the affliction.
Rumours spread that it had no salvation and that there was not a prophet in all the lands who could say BEGONE! to it. It was fearless and lacked respect, for even the world Leaders had no hiding place, and rulers were not spared. It travelled quick as light, broke out through China and pitched a tent at Iran and slew a minister, it punctured Through Nigeria it, knocked down it’s Chief of staff, it entered America and possessed many aids. Soon, the whole world went wild with the terror of it’s coming.

Oh corona, they lamented, Oh corona! have you murdered hope? and buried faith along? Shame on you! Shame on You!
Lock down the world! Lock it down. And Lock yourselves up too! Men cried to each other, keep the children out of the schools, put the churches on heavy locks, evacuate the traders from the markets. Flee to your homes and stay there! Turn not to your left, or to your right, look straight head. Greet no one. And if your neighbor greets you, do not respond. If he persists, slap him, and kick him in the groin.

Cover up, your eyes, ears, nose, mouths, hands, and those of your loved ones.
Speak not, laugh not, cry not, fear not. BE LIKE THAT!.
For it shall be well, We will survive and our souls shall once again rejoice and come together. For we were built to last, Yes and Amen we were built to last. Selah.

http://nairablog.com.ng/2020/10/03/coronavirus-and-china/
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by ayenale1(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
Oko*Obo=Owo for female celebs.
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by marsman: 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
sowilli:
ROK is doing exactly the same thing Netflix is doing but many Nigerian entertainers would prefer to be on Netflix than ROK. I didn’t read it to the end but he didn’t mention ROK when he mentioned Netflix- does this confirm the tribal allegation? I tell you the business model of ROk can be explored and it will benefit these actors more. How many states in Nigeria had cinema 7 years ago. Cinemas have been around, the idea was killed and now is luxury and big deal to many. What makes movies interesting is having to view it when I want, at my convenience not when cinema says, besides in weeks, movies are available for downloads. Platforms like Can increase competitiveness. If only the opportunities can be genuinely explored with no conflicting interests, there won’t be need for some laments.
Because he prefers one to one, doesn't mean Tribalism. Netflix is on a wider scale, even most Nigerians use Netflix
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Ojukwubucket(m): 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
Igbo hater number one...Bigot

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by sowilli: 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2020
marsman:

Because he prefers one to one, doesn't mean Tribalism. Netflix is on a wider scale, even most Nigerians use Netflix
if you understand my post you will figure that I am against the bolded. ROK has the opportunity to become the Netflix for Africa. Netflix is on a wider scale, I agree but do you know how long it took for a Nigerian movie to come on there.. point is ,They didn’t see Value and haven’t seen the whole value. ROK has seen the value and this has opportunity to advance the nation, the entertainment and entertainers themselves. Part of my point he should have encouraged ROK by mentioning them and advocating their interest.
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by brownrockafela(m): 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
If producers think like this, there'll ve less rubbish film in the Industry. Then about the ladies, He's just trying to be diplomatic before another Mike ezuroinye style of dragging comes up. grin
You are right .

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by TemmyT002(m): 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2020
This interview is touching mehn, especially that part about old actors.
I love this guy.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by cray91(m): 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
lies from the PiT of hell! oga kunle no won cast then ni but deep down inside of hin he knows the real truth of their Big Gods!

Ambassador to real estate my foot! lubbish

businesses my foot

we know their real business is between their legs so stop lying to yourself
Islie:
Kunle Afolayan, is a film producer, director and actor. He is one of the sons of the late famous theatre and film director cum producer, Ade Love. Kunle has produced and directed popular films like Irapada, The Figurine, Phone Swap, October 1, Roti, Omugwo, The Tribunal, The CEO , Mokalik and The Citation. He shares his thoughts on a number of industry-related issues with Festus Akanbi. Excerpts:

THISDAY
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by LadyMedina25(f): 6:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
Wao that Kunle Afolayan Hub must really be a big and awesome project... I hope to patronize the restaurant and see a movie in the cinema someday and pls cook only African foods sir... I mean the whole of Africa not chinese or Indiana cuisines... am a friend of progress cus I want people to be happy with me too when am successful.

An ex of mine doesn’t like your brother Gabriel, he said he broke the sister’s heart cheesy
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
The same Nigeria where nothing works.

When you have skills it'll take you places. I'm not talking about video vixens oh or yeye influencers grin
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Chanchit: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
bunmioguns:

But he is stylishly right

Hmm. perhaps, stylishly. The types of businesses these ladies do, men can't venture into it same way. One babe rented a property in those highbrow area here in Lagos for her boutique business. she rented a full duplex. I can't lay my hands on the particular job this babe is doing for her to raise such fund for the business. So, stylishly. Make I pause am.
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by marsman: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
sowilli:
if you understand my post you will figure that I am against the bolded. ROK has the opportunity to become the Netflix for Africa. Netflix is on a wider scale, I agree but do you know how long it took for a Nigerian movie to come on there.. point is ,They didn’t see Value and haven’t seen the whole value. ROK has seen the value and this has opportunity to advance the nation, the entertainment and entertainers themselves. Part of my point he should have encouraged ROK by mentioning them and advocating their interest.
I understand your post, all i am saying IS that because he preferred to feature, in Netflix does not pose anything like Tribal like you asked. I my self am a fan of Made in Nigeria for Nigerians. He could have mentioned them, and maybe he should have, but not doing so doesn't spell Tribalism.
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by meobizy(f): 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2020
Logic is not a favored form of reasoning in this forum. I am not surprised.
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by Iceyjayz: 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
alexistaiwo:
They make money with their............
cheesy
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by chinchum(m): 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
Actress are more of entrepreneurs than actors. Although, many engaged in extra entrepreneurial activities like sidechick services. The male counterparts should also learn to leverage on their popularity and engage more in business activities like online sales/marketing,
Re: Kunle Afolayan: How Nollywood Actresses Make Their Money by saajus: 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
You just want to him to say what you want to hear. Let's be fair to those hard working ladies. Go to Instagram, almost all of them sell one product or the other.
PastorandMentor:
Just go straight to the point.
Some are lesbians
Some sleep with politicians and wealthy men
Some are scammers with Jazz ooo
I no Wan talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Juliet Ibrahim And VJ Adams Wedding Photoshoot Causes Stir On Social Media / Regina Daniels Boyfriend, Somadina Adinma, Marks Her Birthday With Hot Video / Wizkid And His Son, Zion Eating Local Nigerian Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.