Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,141 members, 7,957,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:04 AM

Help My Husband Lacks Self Control - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Husband Lacks Self Control (75766 Views)

Help My Husband Lacks Self Control / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Pearl05(f): 2:08pm On Oct 04, 2020
Has he been drunk that he fell inside a ditch or lay on the street? If yes just arrange with a morgue attendant to keep him among dead people if such occurs again.

Take him there in his drunken state and lay him among corpses by the time he wakes up he will be frightened and when he start shouting that he is not dead, the attandant should insist that he is dead and should rest in peace because he was picked the previous day on the road dead. The attendant should shut him up that " you his restless dead body allow me to rest no be me kill you na your too much drinking damaged your liver" at least let him stay with corpse for an hour after he has woken up and sober.

It will will shake him up after the experience he won't look at alcohol again except if voodoo is involved.

Never you let him know that you did it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by CHoccolaTE: 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
bukatyne:

May you find peace and God's healing from whatever hurt men have caused you.

Amen.

Hahahaha grin

Mr man keep your pained prayers to yourself, and look elsewhere for attention stop bothering me this afternoon

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by frozen70(f): 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
pls how do I handle this problem of hubby that does not have self control when it comes to alcohol he drinks to much and sometimes messes the bed up with urine have talked to him still no change pls I need practice solutions that will make him stop because he is the type that doesn't take things serious unless it gets to him and this his behavior is making me regret my marriage to him

Report him to his doctor and any day he is sick doctor will tell him that he needs to test his organs, then he will tell him that his liver and kidney are affected by alcohol

That alone will change his drinking habit

Secondly, keep reminding him of the financial responsibilities at home and learn to start allowing the children to demand from him directly

It may help him spend less in alcohol
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by amaham(m): 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
exactly, am scared what if he gets drunk and while coming back has an accident what will I do with my kids, the taught of me being jobless fr now how do I fend fr my kids.
Auntie so you don't have a job? That's a more serious problem than his alcoholism. Since you can't be financially independent of him, that's why he bluffs your talk. Try get something doing fast madam before the drinking graduate to cheating

4 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by CHoccolaTE: 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
amaham:

Auntie so you don't have a job? That's a more serious problem than his alcoholism. Since you can't be financially independent of him, that's why he bluffs your talk. Try get something doing fast madam before the drinking graduate to cheating

A woman should be financially independent of her husband but a man can depend on his wife for everyday cooking, childcare, market going, running the house, cleaning up even cleaning his piss from bedsheets sef..... but a wife should not expect financial support from her husband.

Wickedness no go kill Nigerian men.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by anonimi: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
I believe it has been in him cos when I complained to his brother he told me that that is one habit that everybody in the family keep complainibg about him that the thought he would change after getting married to someone he loves so it has nothing to do with me which he knows is just that he hid that side of him when we were dating

Have you considered for him to see a psychotherapist?

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Gloriagee(f): 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2020
Waoh, just waoh!

bukatyne:

Why exactly do you have issues with his drunkenness?

11 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by anonimi: 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2020
gaius01:
I like your name, to be sincere nothing can change such conditions unless God intervene. Na prayer get you, pray and seek for somebody who will help you pray.

Why turn to prayer alone when there is a body of knowledge, developed by exercising God given brains in the field of psychology?

6 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by anonimi: 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2020
bukatyne:
I have read all your posts and summarized that:

1. He has self control when he is at the bar (buying with his money) or at home (also with his money);

2. He goes gaga when he sees free drinks (the way done others eat to stupor in a party);

3. He sees nothing wrong with what he does. Thus is largely because you clean up after him.

In addition to prayers (prayers is key), stop rewarding or enabling his excesses.

Whatever he does in his drunkenness, leave him there. If he bed wetted or any other thing, leave him that way.

If he is not getting the message that you would no longer condone his drinking, explore joining forces with a doctor or police or mortuary attendants.

Do something to wake him up.

God forbid his kidneys fail or liver damaged, you would be the one running around to care for him.

I like this tough love.
Quite useful for a situation like this and similar ones.
Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Gmajor(m): 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2020
[s]
lilmax:
Start cheating, coming home late, stop cooking

Just lose yourself and see your husband start focusing again

Your husband lacks self control because you tolerate it

My opinion
[/s]

Please do not try this at home

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by bukatyne(f): 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2020
anonimi:

I like this tough love.
Quite useful for a situation like this and similar ones.
Thanks.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Zither(m): 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

A woman should be financially independent of her husband but a man can depend on his wife for everyday cooking, childcare, market going, running the house, cleaning up even cleaning his piss from bedsheets sef..... but a wife should not expect financial support from her husband.

Wickedness no go kill Nigerian men.

you deliberately overlooked his primary concern for her which is for her to be financially independent of the man SO she can cater for herself and her children should something happen to the husband (not anyone's wish or intention). It is already a rainy day in her life and she is little prepared for it due to her financial constraints...but it is not too late to save...rain may get worse. This has nothing to do with gender role or duties in marital institutions.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by bukatyne(f): 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
Gloriagee:
Waoh, just waoh!

Happy woahing!

Let me check if it is World's Woah Day!

4 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Gloriagee(f): 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ok lemme know when you do. Hopefully by then you'll have also figured out why a wife has problems with her husband's drunkenness and lack of self control.

bukatyne:

Happy woahing!

Let me check if it is World's Woah Day!

12 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
anonimi:

Why turn to prayer alone when there is a body of knowledge, developed by exercising God given brains in the field of psychology?
Is better to turn to the giver of phycology than to the phycologist - the learner.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by angelfallz(m): 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:
If only people will leave sex, cheating and money to focus on important things during courting, we won't have people in miserable marriages or high rate of divorce.

Anger management, personalities, addictions, abuse, level of mutual understanding, friendship, goals, genotype, differences, family background and histories are very very underrated in relationships these day.

Sex, money, birthday, hanging out, cruise, sexchat, cooking and gifts are the only things existing in 99.742% of relationships in Nigeria.

Exactly, gone are the days when, before you get married the families would investigate each other to know if there are any hidden things.

4 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by lilmax(m): 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
dorin27:
follow this advice at your own peril. What were you thinking when you typed all of these? She's asking for advice not more trouble

Humans are opportunists

The more you tolerate a human, the more you will be taken for granted

He is involved in drinking because he knows his wife will clean him up no matter what

But if the wife starts cheating, neglecting him he'll be back to his senses

The best he will do is kick her out

Well, if she has her own money, she'll do just fine

So yes, I was thinking straight when I typed those

Once again, MY OPINION

4 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by angelfallz(m): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2020
lilmax:
Start cheating, coming home late, stop cooking

Just lose yourself and see your husband start focusing again

Your husband lacks self control because you tolerate it

My opinion

So she should degrade herself to correct her husband?
Smh

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by anonimi: 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by lilmax(m): 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2020
angelfallz:

So she should degrade herself to correct her husband?
Smh
her husband is already degrading himself by drinking

We all know he sleeps with women too

In this subject, she's not degrading herself

Look at it this way

Cheating: exploring

Coming home late: enjoying herself

Not cooking: doing better things with her time

One thing I know here is, if the roles were reversed, her husband won't even think twice before moving with other women, or even kicking her out

She in the marriage to enjoy herself, not to take care of a BIG BABY

reading her situation alone irritates me

4 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2020
anonimi:

You are missing it, don't mistake things. What your pix is referring to are people who perform religious rite but people who have a relationship with God are two different people entirely. I can go to church I don't want to, but because dad will rant I will just go, what am I doing? Performing religious rite. But going to church to have a cominioun, the KOINONIA, is not a religious rites it's a way of talking to the father, one on one. See I understand your ideology, and the worldly standard . most people practice Christian just because I can't join any religion. The fact is, to have a relationship with God is a conviction that has to be done by the holy spirit base on your willingness. If a person is convicted and has the relationship with God he won't be performing rite but a relationship with God which will be evident. The reason why most Christain don't receive is because they think performing religious rite will help them whenyl thier mind is not set up with God. Lastly praying is not a religious rite but a medium in which man communicate with God.

4 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Dayoebe(m): 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2020
bukatyne:

shocked shocked
Is she trying to reinforce his drunkenness by rewarding it? undecided
Honestly, it works. He will get tired of it quickly.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by angelfallz(m): 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2020
lilmax:
her husband is already degrading himself by drinking

We all know he sleeps with women too

In this subject, she's not degrading herself

Look at it this way

Cheating: exploring

Coming home late: enjoying herself

Not cooking: doing better things with her time

One thing I know here is, if the roles were reversed, her husband won't even think twice before moving with other women, or even kicking her out

She in the marriage to enjoy herself, not to take care of a BIG BABY

reading her situation alone irritates me

My God! smh

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by anonimi: 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2020
gaius01:
You are missing it, don't mistake things. What your pix is referring to are people who perform religious rite but people who have a relationship with God are two different people entirely. I can go to church I don't want to, but because dad will rant I will just go, what am I doing? Performing religious rite. But going to church to have a cominioun, the KOINONIA, is not a religious rites it's a way of talking to the father, one on one. See I understand your ideology, and the worldly standard . most people practice Christian just because I can't join any religion. The fact is, to have a relationship with God is a conviction that has to be done by the holy spirit base on your willingness. If a person is convicted and has the relationship with God he won't be performing rite but a relationship with God which will be evident. The reason why most Christain don't receive is because they think performing religious rite will help them whenyl thier mind is not set up with God. Lastly praying is not a religious rite but a medium in which man communicate with God.

Why go to church, mosque, shrine, mountain, beach or any specific place to talk one on one with the Omnipresent God/Father?
Does that align with what Jesus Christ said in John 4 to the Samaritan woman at the well, or how He asked his followers to pray with the template of Our Lord’s Prayer?

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3304018_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/9872468_screenshot20190630231453_jpeg514b0a215876001d7122526e8c122ad3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by anonimi: 4:14pm On Oct 04, 2020
Dayoebe:
Honestly, it works.
He will get tired of it quickly.

In how many people has it worked?

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
anonimi:

Why go to church, mosque, shrine, mountain, beach or any specific place to talk one on one with the Omnipresent God/Father?
Does that align with what Jesus Christ said in John 4 to the Samaritan woman at the well, or how He asked his followers to pray with the template of Our Lord’s Prayer?

oh I get your direction. the only reason Christian go to church is to receive more knowledge about God and encourage our selves.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
anonimi:

Even Jesus worship in the temple, read the amp and NIV version

Luck 4:16 Mark the word "AS HIS CUSTOM" so that means Jesus do go to church on a regular basis.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by anonimi: 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
gaius01:
oh I get your direction. the only reason Christian go to church is to receive more knowledge about God and encourage our selves.

Again, you don’t have to go to church to receive more knowledge about God, as presented by Jesus Christ, except you don’t have a Bible and/or cannot read.
What you get in the church, any church, is the pastor’s one way of interpreting the words and works of Jesus Christ about God.
No more no less.
Do you know why Apostle Paul praised the Berean Christians for consistently cross checking the Bible to validate or invalidate what they were told in church?

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by anonimi: 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
gaius01:
Even Jesus worship in the temple, read the amp and NIV version

Luck 4:16 Mark the word "AS HIS CUSTOM" so that means Jesus do go to church on a regular basis.

You don’t know the difference between a discussion/meeting and worship/sermon?

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
anonimi:

Again, you don’t have to go to church to receive more knowledge about God, as presented by Jesus Christ, except you don’t have a Bible and/or cannot read.
What you get in the church, any church, is the pastor’s one way of interpreting the words and works of Jesus Christ about God.
No more no less.
Do you know why Apostle Paul praised the Berean Christians for consistently cross checking the Bible to validate or invalidate what they were told in church?

This was the very reason why they were studying the scriptures..

Read 2 Timothy 2:15

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
anonimi:

You don’t know the difference between a discussion/meeting and worship/sermon?

Wait wait what are excetly are you insinuating?

are you saying going to church to receive more knowledge about the word, gotten from the Bible is a crime due to what Jesus said you the Samaritan woman. John 4 that the day will come when they won't worship in Samaritan, but in the spirit and truth? what is your point all about?

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by anonimi: 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2020
I won’t derail this thread anymore.
So sorry to the OP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. / Pregnant Wife Dumps Hubby , Elopes With Lover To USA (Pictured) / My Husband Has Big Useless Manhood, Can’t Go More Than 1 Round - Zimbabwean Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.