Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Help An Inconsistent Christian! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help An Inconsistent Christian! (7438 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses' Inconsistent Interpretation / "Atheism Is Inconsistent With Science" Award Winning Agnostic Scientist / Democrat Candidate: There Are So Many Things In Scripture That Are Inconsistent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by femi4: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2020
exynos:

How do I tend to increase my overzealousness in serving God for a lifetime?

Please, how do I go about administering a longterm relationship with the Lord?
Ask for grace....for by strength no man can prevail

1Cor 7:15

For I do not understand my own actions. For xI do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.

1 Like

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by exynos(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

All you need now is to IDENTIFY the true Christian group so that when you're in their midst you can start imitating those who are worshiping God in spirit and truth {Hebrew 13:7} you're just going through the normal process every sheep belonging to Christ do pass. We will not feel comfortable until we're certain that we're doing things right.
As a sincere and honest hearted person, if you're not in the midst of the congregation of the true God, you won't feel contented {Psalms 1:1} you will always feel that something is missing somehow, that's what you're experiencing now!
So what you need is to IDENTIFY the group God is using to dispense spiritual food in this end time, of course they're also imperfect humans like everyone else but because Jesus is in there midst {Matthew 28:20} you will notice the fruit of God's holy spirit permeating their gathering! Galatians 5:22-23 compare to Matthew 7:16-18

God bless you! smiley

Bless you too sir

Thank you!
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by Ihedinobi3: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2020
exynos:

Indeed, this is a powerful piece

Thanks Sir

I forgot to offer you options for a trustworthy pastor-teaching ministry, for whatever that may be worth:

I personally grew up under https://ichthys.com myself and I'm still very strongly affiliated with it.

You might prefer videos to large volumes of text though. If you do, you could use www.bibleacademyonline.com.

I strongly advise that you pick one pastor-teaching ministry (whether one of the two above or some other one) and stick to it until you have a clear appreciation of what the Bible teaches as a whole. Mixing teachers or hopping from one teacher to another is going to give you no spiritual stability at all.

15 For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you, imitate me.
1 Corinthians 4:15-16 (NKJV)

Only the Truth that you actually believe will result in any spiritual growth for you. So, focusing on one teacher and following their teaching as endorsed by the Bible will help you grow. Setting yourself up as a sort of judge picking and choosing things from different teaching ministries will ruin your spiritual health.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by exynos(m): 9:33am On Oct 04, 2020
femi4:
Ask for grace

Should grace alone be sufficient?
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by exynos(m): 9:35am On Oct 04, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

I forgot to offer you options for a trustworthy pastor-teaching ministry, for whatever that may be worth:

I personally grew up under https://ichthys.com myself and I'm still very strongly affiliated with it.

You might prefer videos to large volumes of text though. If you do, you could use www.bibleacademyonline.com.

I strongly advise that you pick one pastor-teaching ministry (whether one of the two above or some other one) and stick to it until you have a clear appreciation of what the Bible teaches as a whole. Mixing teachers or hopping from one teacher to another is going to give you no spiritual stability at all.

15 For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you, imitate me.
1 Corinthians 4:15-16 (NKJV)

Only the Truth that you actually believe will result in any spiritual growth for you. So, focusing on one teacher and following their teaching as endorsed by the Bible will help you grow. Setting yourself up as a sort of judge picking and choosing things from different teaching ministries will ruin your spiritual health.

Cheers.

I'm greatful smiley
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by Xisnin(m): 9:38am On Oct 04, 2020
exynos:

Please don't do the bold, we don't want another zealot running amok.
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:38am On Oct 04, 2020
exynos:

Thank you sir
Thank God bro.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by SavageMaster: 9:39am On Oct 04, 2020
exynos:

You need an encounter with the Holy Spirit. He's the one that will help you live an effective Christian life

1 Like

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by femi4: 9:39am On Oct 04, 2020
exynos:

Should grace alone be sufficient?
You are underestimating the grace of God. Without grace, you cannot be consistent with God. Your ability will fail you
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by eagleonearth(m): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2020
exynos:

Desire to have the holy spirit and boom you fly

1 Like

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by dingbang(m): 9:41am On Oct 04, 2020
Being a christian is not by reading the Bible and listening/reading Christian messages.

Do you love your neighbour? Do you respect your elders? Are you a conceited person? Do away with self righteousness and never judge people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:41am On Oct 04, 2020
exynos:

Bless you too sir
Thank you!

You are welcome!
Apostle Paul also feel exactly the same way as you do {Romans 7:13-25} but one thing that makes him feel better is the assurance that he is worshiping in the midst of God's people and of course he's doing all he could! 1Corinthians 9:27

So try to IDENTIFY the true Christians and start worshiping with them, in our gathering we build up one another in faith and continue encouraging one another! Hebrew 10:24-25

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by olahypes(m): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2020
A Must See »
Write Articles & Get Paid – Earning Opportunity For Life Long – World Wide
OLAHYPES.COM.NG
http://olahypes.com.ng/content-posts/14249/write-articles-get-paid-%E2%80%93-earning-opportunity-for-life-long-%E2%80%93-world-wide/
<b>Job Description:</b><br><a>
FeedooZ.com </a>gives you a best
opportunity to earn from your home
computer, by simply writing arti....

1 Share

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2020
Thank you, Lord. ❤

1 Like

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by Oturatetuala(m): 9:47am On Oct 04, 2020
Same here I need that same help..
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by gregyboy(m): 9:51am On Oct 04, 2020
All these fake religion as soon as they notice the religion is fake they recovert to default, and start raping and sleeping with women in the church

Why not stop this religion and work on your morality
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by gregyboy(m): 9:52am On Oct 04, 2020
Oturatetuala:
Same here I need that same help..

U don't need help bro the religion na scam
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by Oturatetuala(m): 9:54am On Oct 04, 2020
gregyboy:

U don't need help bro the religion na scam

Wow hearing that for the first time. How is it a scam bro?
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by gregyboy(m): 10:04am On Oct 04, 2020
Oturatetuala:

How often do you read your Bible, try start from the beginning and read it to the end, you will see that you're living a predestined life according to the Bible, everything was scripted and some heavenly beigns are watching you like a movie and enjoying it,

You guys dont read and think, i bet you only know few verses and not the whole bible

First of all try and read genesis make sure you grap it before moving to exodus

If religion was accepted in the world this phone and everything you're doing would be regarded as a sin which inturn guarantee you for hell, a predestined hell

The bible is a scam atleast go back to your ancstoral religion and import it to the other part of the world...

When most pastors see the truth the willing fall back to defaults which the Christian tag sin,
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by BlueAngel444: 10:11am On Oct 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I suggest you first make sure you have a good understanding of what it is that God wants from you before you pledge. So many more out there who have no clue who God really is, what He really wants from them and what He says you must do. All they do is what their Pastors/Prophets/GOs etc. have said about God and nothing else. Many of these men have never themselves experienced God in truth, nor do they know God, even with all their popularity with the folks.

I suggest you do what Jesus Christ said you need to do in order to become worthy of being His follower first. Another suggestion is that you begin by reading through the Book of Matthew. Read it as many times as it may take for the message of the New Covenant to sink in. Become like a Child in your thinking, as Jesus Christ commanded as you learn of His other commandments and begin working on obeying them one at a time. God is sure to honor your obedience.
wow shocked an advice I too would have given grin
exynos read it and take it wink
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by Truefaith: 10:12am On Oct 04, 2020
Seek Christ

He is better than life

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by Oturatetuala(m): 10:12am On Oct 04, 2020
gregyboy:

Are often do you read your Bible, try start from the beginning and read it to the end, you will see that you're living a predestined life according to the Bible, everything was scripted and some heavenly beigns are watching you the movie and enjoying it,

You guys dont read and think, i bet you only know few verses and not the whole bible

First of all try and read genesis make sure you grap it before moving to exodus

If religion was accepted in the world this phone and everything you're doing would be regarded as a sin whuch inturn guarantee you for hell

The bible is scam atleast go back to your ancstoral religion and import it to the other part of the world

Hmmmm I will try and read it
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by SLAP44: 10:16am On Oct 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

I will give what has Helped me Greatly in my walk with God.
1.Make God your Number 1 Pirioty in Everything

2. Let no day pass without you Eating from the Word of God. ( start with at least 3-5 Chapters Everyday. As you go on you Increase it). The Word of God is a Purifier! The More you Read! The More you are Cleansed and Purified.
As you Read the Word , you act on what you Read. it's not by Power or Skill.

3. Commmunication with God is very Vital. We communicate through Prayers. Pray for People, pray for Sinners! Pray for Expansion of the Gospel, Pray For yourself ( Prayers for yourself should be Majorly on Spiritual things that will advance your walk with God).
Pray in the spirit! Ask DADDY for His Grace on daily Basis!

4. Be mindful of what your Eyes sees!
There a Certain friends you need to cut off from or treat with a very long spoon
When your Eyes sees what it's not supposed to see, Make sure you Repent immediately..

5. Get to listen to Real Messages and Hard Truths from GENUIE Servants of God..
Listen to Hard Bitter Truths from the Word of God. Some may get you annoyed but they will groom you and Strengthen you in your Walk with God..

What you've doing in the kingdom of God will be rewarded. God bless you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:17am On Oct 04, 2020
Oturatetuala:

Most people feel like that as many false Pastors and Prophets have committed so much atrocities in the name of Christianity and iniquity abounds so the love of a greater number has grown cold {Matthew 24:11-12} but just focus on your salvation, do not give up because only those who endure to the end will be saved! Matthew 24:13
God bless you! smiley
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by Oturatetuala(m): 10:21am On Oct 04, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Most people feel like that as many false Pastors and Prophets have committed so much atrocities in the name of Christianity and iniquity abounds so the love of a greater number has grown cold {Matthew 24:11-12} but just focus on your salvation, do not give up because only those who endure to the end will be saved! Matthew 24:13
God bless you! smiley

Amen what religion do you belong to.
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by popondo(m): 10:25am On Oct 04, 2020
The mind and thought of God are in His word. As a christian you can never, I repeat you can never be in good relationship with God if you are far from His word. If you are always reading your Bible or in the midst of Christians either in the church or elsewhere you will not be far from God. As you read His word, you are filled with it and as you want to do anything otherwise the Spirit will remind you of the word, of course He is the Author, and you shall be prompted of the right thing. It is well with your soul.
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:40am On Oct 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Prayer does not solve problems... Obedience is the key to God's kingdom and to answers you seek.

Obedience to the word of God which includes praying without ceasing, asking God in faith.

1 Like

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by Righteousness89(m): 10:41am On Oct 04, 2020
SLAP44:

What you've doing in the kingdom of God will be rewarded. God bless you.
AMEN

1 Like

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by babadee1(m): 10:43am On Oct 04, 2020
exynos:

Read Romans 6:14. You may think you have a problem but you really don't. Once you give your life to Christ and you're born again God has already defeated sin in your life. Don't be distracted by the things you're doing instead focus on the things that Jesus has already done for you. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2). It's not by what you do or don't do. It's not by how hard you try. Jesus has already finished the work on your behalf. It is finished! Just rest in the Lord my brothers and sisters. Just rest.

1 Like

Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by Gabe427: 10:48am On Oct 04, 2020
na one motor bring me and this brother someone should advise us ooo the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
Re: Help An Inconsistent Christian! by SocialJustice: 10:51am On Oct 04, 2020
exynos:

Hebrews 11:16 - Without faith, it is impossible to please God.

Faith is the only way to please God. You worry yourself unnecessarily.

Seek the Holy Spirit with an open heart. He will guide, teach and expose deep Kingdom secrets to you.

As long as you've accepted Jesus Christ, there is no condemnation for you. Eternal life is yours. Stop struggling and just live with yourself peacefully.

Strive to be good and kind.

No Christian is perfect, we all have our short comings. Do not condemn yourself when you do what is wrong, ask for forgiveness and move on. You don't even have to pray. God is always with you and listening, just say 'Have mercy, in the name of Jesus.' Case closed, move on.

Stop trying to please God by your actions, it doesn't count. If what you seek is to be closer to God and let Him manifest through you, then seek the Holy Spirit with an open heart. He is beside you, waiting for you to let Him direct and guide your path.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things To Know About Prayer Partners And Prayer Points / Breaking!!! Oyakhilome’s Brother, Rev. Ken Impregnates South African Member / Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.