Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 (7454 Views)

Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Benny Hinn And His Wife Get Back Together / Benny Hinn On Emmanuel Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by Seun(m): 12:14am On May 04, 2005
Press Release from the Benny Hinn Ministry website:

Nigeria, which is Africa's most populous country, is composed of more than 250 ethnic groups. Located in West Africa, with a geographical area slightly more than twice the size of California, this country teems with 134-million people (four times California’s population). The oil-rich Nigerian economy is undergoing substantial positive reform under the new civilian administration.

Recently, Nigeria’s President Olusegun Obasanjo sent two official representatives to meet with Pastor Benny Hinn with an invitation to hold a massive service in their country. The officials delivered the request during a Miracle Crusade in Atlanta.

[I]"Greetings in the precious name of our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. This is to especially invite you on behalf of Mr. President to be his special guest at the State House for prayer sessions and morning devotions…"[/I]

One of the representatives quoted 2 Chronicles 7:14:
[I]"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."[/I]

God is already doing a mighty work in Nigeria. Many of the country’s leaders are followers of Jesus Christ. They believe God has called Benny Hinn to minister in Nigeria to bring the message of salvation and miracles to help heal that precious country. A presidential invitation of this magnitude, however, has never been issued before.

[I]"Now you must come to Nigeria and pray a healing, anointing prayer over the entire constituency of Nigeria."[/I]

The representatives of the country’s top elected official then mentioned that more than 30 million people throughout Nigeria watch [I]This Is Your Day![/I] every day. They also told how the nation’s newspapers were already trumpeting the crusade, even before Pastor Benny agreed.

Unknown to the representatives, exactly at 6 PM of that very day as they arrived in Georgia to deliver the invitation, Pastor Benny was preparing for the Atlanta service and the Holy Spirit said, “Go to Nigeria!”

With the official presidential invitation accepted, plans are now underway to hold a massive service in Lagos April 29-30, 2005. In a land once ravaged by civil unrest, and in a country where six percent, nearly 3.5 million people, have AIDS or HIV, with as many as 200,000 current HIV/AIDS victims throughout Nigeria expected to die each year, people throughout the nation seek the solutions that can only be provided by the Savior who died on the cross to give an abundant life and an eternal home.

More and more people throughout Nigeria are accepting the Father’s offer, “If my people….” God can heal this land!

Thanks to Benny Hinn Ministries partners, April 2005 promises to be a watershed service that can begin to change the history of an entire country and continent. The harvest of souls throughout this crucial part of the globe will be immense and eternal!
Press Release from the Office of the Public Communications follows
President Olusegun Obasanjo on Sunday 1 May recounted God’s benevolence to the country.

He was speaking at a prayer, healing and evangelical session that took place at the Redemption Camp in Lagos under the auspices of the Benny Hinn Evangelical Ministry.

In his prayer of repentance and dedication, Obasanjo reassured Nigerians that the country will surely take its rightful place in the comity of nations and be greatly blessed.

He also dedicated Nigeria and all Nigerians to God, thanking the Almighty for his continued goodness to the country.

In his words: “We turn to you Jehovah, that you will cleanse us from all our unrighteousness. Please turn to us in your mercy and heal our land Lord. Thank you for removing our sins. Right now we present Nigeria to you afresh. Take your rightful place in this nation, rule over our lives and reign over Nigeria. Let peace and prosperity permeate Nigeria.”

The crusade attracted a large number of political leaders, state governors, ex-military leaders, church leaders, Christians and non-Christians from all over the country.
Sources:
http://www.bennyhinn.org/resources/intlnigeria.cfm
http://www.nigeriafirst.org/article_3917.shtml

Did you attend? Can you share your experience?
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by Allenpowered(m): 8:05am On May 23, 2005
saw some captions on the newspapers and a magazine about benny hinn being duped by some pastors...whats the story
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by Seun(m): 12:43am On Jun 01, 2005
Sorry, Allen, for the late response.

"American evangelist, Benny Hinn. left Nigeria in annoyance, saying 4 million dollars went down the drain in 3-day crusade ... 'Four million dollars down the drain!' he reportedly shouted during the crusade, with his voice cracking with emotion."
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=81370

"He was said to have left the country in anger last Sunday night instead of last Monday morning he was scheduled to leave, saying, 'I am not happy at all. We expected a larger crowd here because we were told that we would have millions of people in attendance in this crusade. This crusade that cost our ministry $4 million should have cost just $2 million.' "
http://allafrica.com/stories/200505170434.html

"The controversy surrounding the failed Benny Hinn Crusade in Lagos has taken a different dimension with Bishop Peter Okoduwa, one of the pastors alleged to have asked for money to be part of the event denying that he[b] never received a kobo[/b] from the organisers."
http://allafrica.com/stories/200505270088.html

Please follow the links as soon as possible. The Allafrica links will soon expire.
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by Allenpowered(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2005
thanks for the info...you are the man.but come to think of this...men of God swindling themselves na wa o!
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by Seun(m): 8:43pm On Jun 01, 2005
I don't think they swindled Benny Hinn. The organizers simply didn't live up to expectations.
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by dablessed(f): 11:05pm On Jun 01, 2005
Heard the crusade was powerpacked. wish i was there though. how was it for you?
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by Allenpowered(m): 7:51am On Jun 10, 2005
point taken seun...but Benny Hinn said the money he made available was not utilized to the fullest...infact only about half was used.
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by Seun(m): 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2005
In late April, scores of giant billboards and thousands of wall posters all over Lagos proclaimed the first of three days of divine miracles and healing for at least six million Nigerians - but at the end of the third day, there was more bickering over money than praise to God for mercy received.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4619733.stm (" Pastor Hinn in Nigerian money row"wink
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by Enigma(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2005
These kind of junkets may have some use for some people but I consider them a waste of time and an avenue for people like Hinn to pump up their ego and sometimes to make money.

One miracle at this particular Hinn thing in Nigeria was useless as the chap concerned died about a week after the crusade unfortunately!

Christians/people will do better approaching God straight, personally/privately or pray ith a group of true loving friends instead of running after these "miracle" peddlars.
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by Ajisafe: 4:53am On Nov 22, 2005
Oh, my God! When are these people going to ever wake up? Benny Hinn and other evangelicals like him are known in the States as "thieves and dupers." Nigerians, turn to your Creator for salvation on your own. You possess the natural power in you! He created you, and will deliver you if you ask Him with a clear mind. Stop deceiving yourselves by making money for these "unholly" preachers!
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by layi(m): 11:23am On Nov 22, 2005
Ajisafe:

................Nigerians, turn to your Creator for salvation on your own. You possess the natural power in you! He created you, and will deliver you if you ask Him with a clear mind.....................

Why are you a muslim then. Why do you preach islam as the true religion?

Stop deceiving yourselves by making money for these "unholly" preachers!
As if u never give money to alfas as well.
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by Ajisafe: 11:38am On Nov 22, 2005
Layi! Layi! Layi! How many times have I called you? A beg, make you no start wahala ooooo! smiley wink
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by jclord(f): 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2006
I know this is an old thread but let me add my 2 cents here. Benny Hinn has been given some very bad press in the US. I don't know how true the reports are.

As always we are to read our Bibles and judge the teachings of all the ministers we listen to based on how their teachings match up with the Word of God the Bible.
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by Easyy(m): 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2007
Enigma:

These kind of junkets may have some use for some people but I consider them a waste of time and an avenue for people like Hinn to pump up their ego and sometimes to make money.

One miracle at this particular Hinn thing in Nigeria was useless as the chap concerned died about a week after the crusade unfortunately!

Christians/people will do better approaching God straight, personally/privately or pray ith a group of true loving friends instead of running after these "miracle" peddlars.

I do share your feelings to a large extent.

Benny Hinn also expected a lot of people so he could (it seems) recoup his investment and he was disappointed. Is this really the right way to God?
Is God not the same God of the blind and the lame?
What happened to seeking the kingdom and it righteousness and other things will follow?
Will healing and properity not follow if we seek God's kingdon first?
Is God just about properity?
Does anybody follow up on those who give 'testimonies' in these gatherings to ascertain the truth and extent of their 'miracles'?

I am a born again christian and I follow the TRUTH of the word of God. I dont chase after miracles in every revival.
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by TCUBE(m): 7:48am On Aug 05, 2007
was the crusade abt money?
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by MP007(m): 9:29am On Aug 21, 2007
Lets keep our eyes focused on Jesus
Re: Benny Hinn was in Nigeria! Redemption Camp, April 29-30 by Mudley313: 1:54am On Sep 12, 2009
was the crusade abt money?

yes it was n always has been about money

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Jesus Of Oyingbo? / Devilish Advice In God's Book / Ask Me Any Question About Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.