Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account (469 Views)

Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware / New Method Yahoo Boys Are Using To Hack Your Facebook Account / Why Would Someone Want To Buy My Facebook Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account by Lemmy123(m): 10:09am On Oct 04, 2020
Hi everyone. I'd be really grateful if any of you can provide me with a solution to my problem..

Someone logged out my Facebook account to log in his own which is normal. So after he was done, I tried to log in my account but it asked me to input my password which I did but it told me my password was incorrect, so I suspected that someone was trying to hack my account (the person who logged out my account is my brother, he's not the one)
So I clicked forgot password so Facebook sent a confirmation code to my email which I tried to use to reset my password, they asked me to identify photos of friends. I have close to 5000 friends so I was scared they would show the faces of friends I haven't met but I thank God I recognized the faces, after the exercise, they told me that Two Factor Authentication is required, they sent an sms to my number which I don't have access to anymore, please save me, this account has come a long way, close to 12 years now.. What should I do?
Re: Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account by Uzomacharles: 10:14am On Oct 04, 2020
Try to check if there's other option available or check Facebook help centre

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account by HQuadreal: 10:17am On Oct 04, 2020
Re: Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2020
Choose another option not SMS code

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account by Lemmy123(m): 10:27am On Oct 04, 2020
HQuadreal:
Check your profile if any new information haven't been added, then change your password, and choose the option to log you out from all the devices you have ever signed In with.

Thank you.
The thing is, they won't let me in until I provide the code generator sent to my sim that I don't have with me anymore
Re: Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account by Lemmy123(m): 10:28am On Oct 04, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:
Choose another option not SMS code
I can't log in to make such changes until I provide the code generator sent to my phone number which I don't have again
Re: Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account by Lemmy123(m): 10:35am On Oct 04, 2020
maleeq
Skydancer

Please could you please help me push this topic to FP? Maybe I'll find solution from the public, thank you
Re: Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account by HQuadreal: 10:49am On Oct 04, 2020
Re: Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 11:15am On Oct 04, 2020
Lemmy123:

I can't log in to make such changes until I provide the code generator sent to my phone number which I don't have again

Can't they send same code to your email

Hope you're not trying to hack your brother account

Same code can be sent to your email

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account by Lemmy123(m): 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:

I don't hack people's account, I just want to log in to my own...

Your question.. It happened that I had already chosen OTP by sms on my settings, now there's no way I can log in to change it to email again.. If I can get in, I might as well not need to change it again or better still do in case of future occurrence but now I have no access to my account
Re: Help!!! I'm Losing My Facebook Account by Lemmy123(m): 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:

(1) (Reply)

Laptop HP 6730b Scrap For Sale / Free VPN / Isn't Tiktok Useless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.