Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,416 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

"EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} (9128 Views)

I Have Come To Bury Ceasar Not To Praise Him. An Important Message To All The Yo / Edward Onoja Is Like Marcus Brutus Of Shakespeare; Very Desperate For Power / Even You Brutus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by wearsandtrends1: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2020
If You are Conversant with World History, you must have Come across the famous Latin phrase 'et tu Brute' which translates in English as "Even you Brutus".

The events that led to such iconic statement were episodes filled with, Love, Friendship, and treacherous Betrayal.

According to Historical data, Julius Caesar was the First Emperor of Rome, and in consolidating such power, Julius who was a Pleb {a poor Roman} had to make friends, foes and alliances to get to the top in the world's first Civilizations. Brutus was the Best friend to Caesar and always proved his loyalty to Caesar until that Fateful day.

The Ides of March.

On the Day Caesar was killed, his wife had a bad dream where she saw a vision that pointed danger for him.

She had begged Caesar not to honor his engagement at the Senate, but had fall on deaf ears from an adamant Ruler who felt he had all the protection, on parting with Caesar she had said " Beware of the Ides of March" which has now become a famous point of reference today, for bad luck.,

Caesar on arrival at the Senate did not realize that Roman senators had planned a Coup, with every one of the Senators wielding a dagger beneath their robes.

As soon as Caesar approached his throne as Emperor, he had being waylaid by each one of the senators with Each taking a swing at him, all except Brutus. His dear friend and cousin.

As Caesar was dying, barely able to stand on his feet after countless stab wounds, the senators had insisted that Brutus too, take a swipe at the Emperor in solidarity of their planned Coup. This had caused Brutus to land the final blow that killed Caesar.

Julius Caesar who was stunned at such desperate treachery from a close friend had cried out loud with his Dying breathe "EVEN YOU, BRUTUS".

3 Likes

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by XXXXTENTACION: 12:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
Lesson from the story :
always listen to your wife undecided

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by naija4life247: 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Lesson from the story :

always listen to your wife undecided

Even when going to see your mistress?

31 Likes

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by XXXXTENTACION: 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
naija4life247:

Even when going to see your mistress?
that one is a story for another day

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
I thought the wife did same too.

3 Likes

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by wearsandtrends1: 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2020
haba na, she was not part of the coup. she only had a premonition
StacyO:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by ashybabs(m): 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2020
PLOT TWIST MARC ANTHONY AVENGED THE DEATH OF CAESAR... AND REWARDED HIMSELF WITH CAESAR'S WIFE CLEOPATRA

cool cool cool

5 Likes

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 04, 2020
wearsandtrends1:
haba na, she was not part of the coup. she only had a premonition

Oh
I thought she took part in the stabbing as well.
Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by ThreeEyedRaven: 1:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
StacyO:
No.. the wife was loyal even when Ceasar brought Cleopatra home as a second widfe she remained loyal to Ceasar. At many points when his epilepsy took over him the same wife would help nurse and restore him. But I guess it was Cleopatra's beauty and the riches from Egypt which Rome was being funded upon that made Ceasar lost interest in his wife which could ultimately translate to why he didn't listen to her that day

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

No.. the wife was loyal even when Ceasar brought Cleopatra home as a second widfe she remained loyal to Ceasar. At many points when his epilepsy took over him the same wife would help nurse and restore him. But I guess it was Cleopatra's beauty and the riches from Egypt which Rome was being funded upon that made Ceasar lost interest in his wife which could ultimately translate to why he didn't listen to her that day

Oh. I get it now.

He married a good woman but,refused to see that.

1 Like

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by Carlyscales: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2020
ashybabs:
PLOT TWIST MARC ANTHONY AVENGED THE DEATH OF CAESAR... AND REWARDED HIMSELF WITH CAESAR'S WIFE CLEOPATRA

cool cool cool
was Cleopatra caesar's wife or concubine??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by ThreeEyedRaven: 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2020
StacyO:

Oh. I get it now.

He married a good woman but,refused to see that.

Yeah ..though Cleopatra's beauty was alluring plus Rome needed the finance from Egypt to further their expansion campaigns. But not enough reasons to trivialise the good wife he had

6 Likes

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by ashybabs(m): 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2020
its quite satisfying to know that there are lots of inteligent history buffs here on nairaland
ThreeEyedRaven:

Yeah ..though Cleopatra's beauty was alluring plus Rome needed the finance from Egypt to further their expansion campaigns. But not enough reasons to trivialise the good wife he had

7 Likes

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by ThreeEyedRaven: 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
ashybabs:
its quite satisfying to know that there are lots of inteligent history buffs here on nairaland
If only history was lucrative that would have been my business. But unfortunately I've still not figure out how history can make me a billionaire grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by ashybabs(m): 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

If only history was lucrative that would have been my business. But unfortunately I've still not figure out how history can make me a billionaire grin
you could monetize it though... believe you me cool
Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by ThreeEyedRaven: 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
ashybabs:
you could monetize it though... believe you me cool
Howwwwwww?
Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by ThinkSmarter: 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
tyranny and betrayal are bad omens

1 Like

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by ashybabs(m): 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

Howwwwwww?

Check siggy... Na my bread and butter be that
Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by ThreeEyedRaven: 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
ashybabs:

Check siggy... Na my bread and butter be that
I still don't understand how your signature can changes anything. Can you please help explain. Thanks
Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by Vyzz: 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2020
Okay, was it the same brutus that saw Ceasars ghost before being killed or is this a different story?

Julius Ceasar Vs Alexander Cedric

Who was a greater man

1 Like

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by WhizdomXX(m): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
ashybabs:

cool cool cool
Nah that's not the same wife.
Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by WhizdomXX(m): 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
Carlyscales:

was Cleopatra caesar's wife or concubine??
In medieval terms, he had "knowledge of her".

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by LordeCalifornia: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
Some scholars argue that Ceaser did not exactly die of the collective stab wounds, but rather died as a result of the shock, that even Brutus, a man he had trusted with all his heart, partook in the conspiracy, hence giving up immediately after saying those words. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by ashybabs(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2020
[quote author=WhizdomXX post=94598682]
CEASAR HAD COUNTLESS WIVES
Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by oz4real83(m): 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2020
Literature was sweet when books by Williams Shakespeare were part of the Literature books in Nigerian schools, Literature has become almost unrecognizable with the kind of literature books they prescribe for Nigerian literature students these days. They can mix it with our local books but totally eliminating the books that made literature interesting those good old days is a big NO for me undecided

5 Likes

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by wearsandtrends1: 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
if you mean alexander the great we are going to go into a rabbit whole of debate that will never end.
both were very well accomplished men. both men almost conquered the world....
DONT GET ME STARTED ABEG
Vyzz:
Okay, was it the same brutus that saw Ceasars ghost before being killed or is this a different story?

Julius Ceasar Vs Alexander Cedric

Who was a greater man
Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by Vyzz: 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
wearsandtrends1:
if you mean alexander the great we are going to go into a rabbit whole of debate that will never end.
both were very well accomplished men. both men almost conquered the world....
DONT GET ME STARTED ABEG

Lol

Yes Alexander the great...

I watch Wrestling alot so I didn't know when I typed the name of a wrestler instead grin

So who do u think is greater?...

What those it take to get u started?... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by wearsandtrends1: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2020
SO YOU MEAN OVER 100 STAB WOUNDS DIDNT KILL THE MAN, BUT THE BETRAYL!!! That is literally Exaggerated bros
LordeCalifornia:
Some scholars argue that Ceaser did not exactly die of the collective stab wounds, but rather died as a result of the shock, that even Brutus, a man he had trusted with all his heart, partook in the conspiracy, hence giving up immediately after saying those words. smiley

7 Likes

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by wearsandtrends1: 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
ceasar never lost intrest in that particular wife in question, on the contrary she was a favourite. he was just, stuborn, or perhaps confident in his security
ThreeEyedRaven:

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by Hellraiser77: 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
Brutus was a yoruba man i have proof

From the line of Afonja

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by kenny714433(m): 3:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
This post just brought back the memories of the movie "Cleopatra".
Such and interesting movie.

And anytime I remember the movie, I weep for Africa. Egypt would have been a reference point when talking about power, wealth and development, see where she is now.

3 Likes

Re: "EVEN YOU BRUTUS" See What Led To Julius Ceasar's Final Words {Pictured} by FieldMarshall06(m): 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
wearsandtrends1:
SO YOU MEAN OVER 100 STAB WOUNDS DIDNT KILL THE MAN, BUT THE BETRAYL!!! That is literally Exaggerated bros

Nah, he was killed by the betrayal of shock. Multiple stab wounds would not kill a roman general of Ceasar's standing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights / Lai Mohammed: Reuters’ Abortion Story Is Fake, A Ploy To Demoralise Our Troops / Swear You Didn’t Steal Public Funds, El-rufai Tackles Kaduna Ex-govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.