Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,691,040 members, 6,340,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 June 2021 at 02:05 PM

Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights (7424 Views)

Twitter Ban Is An Attack On Freedom Of Speech - Kadaria Ahmed (Radio Now) / Eromosele Adene Mother: Protest A Fundamental Human Right. They Must Free My Son / COVID-19: Dino Melaye Says Buhari's Movement Ban Is Undemocratic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Kwanza: 9:14pm On Jun 08
The ban on Twitter is not only illegal but it is also an ill-advised move to divert the attention of Nigerians from the FG’s failure to tackle insecurity in parts of the country. It amounts to suppression of fundamental human rights and gagging of social media.

https://twitter.com/GovSamuelOrtom/status/1402306562157432835?s=19

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Kwanza: 9:14pm On Jun 08
He made this known via Twitter.

31 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Christiansen: 9:16pm On Jun 08
Nice one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by beglorified: 9:17pm On Jun 08
All this shall pass

4 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Fahdiga1: 9:17pm On Jun 08
Exactly. Buhari has vowed to destroy Nigeria beyond redemption

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by thebosstrevor1: 9:18pm On Jun 08
When did Tweeting become a human right? The last time time i checked i didn't see tweeting as a fundamental human right in the Un charter.

Anyway, Twitter is just an American company, Twitter is a product and tweets is the action you do on Twitter.

If government banned Thailand rice, has your human right be taken away from you?

There are other brand of rice that you can buy and cook, similar with Twitter, there are alternatives, use the alternatives and stop complaining.

Let me add that Nigerians are being harrased in different international airports all over the world, you wouldn't see these governors and civil organizations trying to protect their citizens, an American app called Twitter was banned see them threatening fire and coal.

Misplaced priorities.

Danke!

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by lastburn(m): 9:29pm On Jun 08
You do know the saying... When your neighbor was been attacked, you didn't speak up and now it's your turn. Who will speak up for you?

thebosstrevor1:
When did Tweeting become a human right?

Twitter is just an American company, Twitter is a product and tweets is the action you do on Twitter.

If government banned Thailand rice, has your human right be taken away from you?

There are other brand of rice, you can buy and cook, similar with Twitter, there are alternatives, use the alternatives and stop complaining.

Danke!

39 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by gaetano: 9:36pm On Jun 08
Is Twitter via opera mini still working? Mine ain't opening

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by slivertongue: 10:33pm On Jun 08
the suspension of twitter is a distraction from real issues

4 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by gaetano: 10:37pm On Jun 08
Kerefi:

Download puffin browser

Thsnks. It works. Does it have its own private mode?

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Raxxye(m): 7:41am On Jun 09
This guy has been a thorn in the flesh of Buhari and his fellow Fulani marauders!
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by blinking001(m): 7:41am On Jun 09
Oh please! This man should just shut up. He's a true definition of a failure. Otukpo to markurdi road is a death trap, how about katsina Ala to Markurdi? Another death trap, he can't safeguard lives and properties of his people and is here making noise unnecessarily. He must be high on orange juice and groundnut. This man has totally destroyed Benue state because of his greed.
The Ban was necessary for the growth of our darling nation. Wailers will never be happy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by EdiskyHarry: 7:42am On Jun 09
Please federal government should ban twitter so that the rate of unemployment will reduce in the country, so that at least petrol will sell at 100 naira per litre, at least it will reduce insecurity in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by BigSarah(f): 7:42am On Jun 09
Yes we're aware... But we can't all cry foul, because the people who cheer Buhari's model of leadership don't see themselves as humans they see themselves as zombies so they don't want to have rights as humans...

3 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Umsworld: 7:42am On Jun 09
grin

So info just reach you
Were you even using Twitter? Mumu dey smell

Go tackle you state Economic and security challenge
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Futurecrypto1: 7:42am On Jun 09
Nice one Mr governor

If you want to earn money online check my signature. All you have to do is roll every hour. My friend got 10k after about three weeks. You have to be patient and consistent. Registration is completely free.
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by honest1480(m): 7:42am On Jun 09
We must start a new Twitter move after lifting the ban. We Nigerians can't but inside pot. FG shall receive what they are trying to avoid on Twitter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by oluwatunde1984(m): 7:42am On Jun 09
Who does not know
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by donbenie(m): 7:42am On Jun 09
Good
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Anter: 7:43am On Jun 09
Louder
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Xiaomi1(m): 7:43am On Jun 09
buhari = animal
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Drabeey(m): 7:43am On Jun 09
This is a call to fund this project.

I don't care if it got stolen. well, whoever will do this.... Please make sure it still preaches the sole. Peace!

Why do we need to kill ourselves for a purpose we can solve for the next generation?

I advice you, go through my previous posts. See my preachings on issues disturbing the public...

Summary: We need to change our situation.
But war will make our situation worsen. But We can do this for the future generation. But they will only learn to get it better. But we can do this this way our people will understand.

I mean for our coming Generation...

If you understand the above, you'll understand the below...

I call on Nigerian Artists. That sum up all well meaning Nigerians.

Poets, Song writers, Musicians, Comedians... Anything to make this project a success.

Theme: Peace to Reap

Have you ever wondered why that song that featured many artists and Michael Jackson... "We are the world" made waves?

I think its the content!

I want us to make a 3min video that will show..

How our Nigeria/UAR is burning with our collective attitudes.

Why we need to understand this...

How the world/Africa is faring because Largest Black community won't work together...

Why Two...Three...Four 'Good' Heads are better than A 'very good ONE'. (To abolish Nepotism and Tribalism, for the future generation)

How working together works for others
Truly United others are faring better. Ask UK, USA, CHINA and Others

Why our land is 'Locked'
Why we should Liberate to North.

(Prof Lulumba) Africa at the dinner table... How Nigeria can be the trigger, Nelson Mandela.

In a Viral video that will feature numbers of good Nigerian/African Artists and Great scholars from Africa as cast.

A skit that will feature these as theme.

Poem...A song... A skit

"My Colour called me out
Let yours call you out"

What's my/your role?

Inputs that will best the GOAL

We will all have a medal to each. @Whatever Your user name is.
Just One.

Okay let's see who Patriotism will push. #TowardsBetterAfrica
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by Gamer999: 7:43am On Jun 09
H
Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by donbenie(m): 7:43am On Jun 09
thebosstrevor1:
When did Tweeting become a human right? The last time time i checked i didn't see tweeting as a fundamental human right in the Un charter.

Anyway, Twitter is just an American company, Twitter is a product and tweets is the action you do on Twitter.

There are other brand of rice that you can buy and cook, similar with Twitter, there are alternatives, use the alternatives and stop complaining.

Let me add that Nigerians are being harrased in different international airports all over the world, you wouldn't see these governors and civil organizations trying to protect their citizens, an American app called Twitter was banned see them threatening fire and coal.

Misplaced priorities.

Danke!
Shut up,1DIOT.. angry

15 Likes

Re: Ortom: Twitter Ban Is Illegal & A Suppression Of Fundamental Human Rights by pickatyouu: 7:44am On Jun 09
We know, cattle grazing that is very suspect ,he left it out and chose to ban an innocent bird app just to feed his useless ego.
He feels be littled that no one knows him, forgetting that no one associates themselves with a collosal disaster.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marriage Mayhem Of Nigeria’s Silver Spoon Kids …why Marriage Is Becoming A Bore / Gov Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates His Divine Mandate Campaign Council (pictures) / Arthur Eze Supports Obiano's Govt With $1 Million Dollars (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.