Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile (1402 Views)

8 Things Every Smartphone User Should Consider When Getting A New Phone / Tips On Getting A New Phone / Opera Launches New Mobile Browser For Android And Ios - Opera Touch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Hayus4jerry(m): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get any suggestions on me getting a new phone with a budget of 40k. If possibly there could be any with atleast 3gb ram, 32gb rom, Android 9 pie and good camera as well.

Am actually sort of a neophyte here, don't really know how the platform works but if you see this, please your comments and suggestions would be appreciated.
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Emeka71(m): 1:25pm On Oct 04, 2020
Go with TECNO spark 4, that is what I am even using.
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by tee59(f): 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
Emeka71:
Go with TECNO spark 4, that is what I am even using.
Don't follow this advice. The phone gurus will help you .

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2020
Go for Redmi 9a

Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by scarycuteface(m): 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
You should know what you want in a phone, list it
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Hayus4jerry(m): 11:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
The thing is I make videos, I mean comedy skits so I need a phone with a good camera and enough capacity for video editing. Actually I've made my researches but most good phones out there come with huge prices.

All I can afford for now is a 40k budget.
So I'd say my desire list;
Good camera
Fast processor
2 or 3gb ram
At least 32gb storage
Fingerprint sensor
4g network
Good battery.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by KrazyDave16(m): 8:12am On Oct 05, 2020
Hayus4jerry:
The thing is I make videos, I mean comedy skits so I need a phone with a good camera and enough capacity for video editing. Actually I've made my researches but most good phones out there come with huge prices.

All I can afford for now is a 40k budget.
So I'd say my desire list;
Good camera
Fast processor
2 or 3gb ram
At least 32gb storage
Fingerprint sensor
4g network
Good battery.
Unless you got yourself a laptop, editing videos with a 3GB or worse 2GB device will be kinda tough to do.

Up your budget and get a device with minimum of 4GB and a midrange processor (SD 600 series, Helio P60 or G70 up or Kirin 600 series up).
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Hayus4jerry(m): 8:25am On Oct 05, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Unless you got yourself a laptop, editing videos with a 3GB or worse 2GB device will be kinda tough to do.

Up your budget and get a device with minimum of 4GB and a midrange processor (SD 600 series, Helio P60 or G70 up or Kirin 600 series up).

I think I might have to drop the thought of getting a new one and resolve to a used then.
Speaking of which, what brand/model do you suggest for the above specs?
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Hayus4jerry(m): 8:29am On Oct 05, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Okay thanks. Pitiably that's all I can afford. I think I'd have to drop the thought of getting good a brand new one then and resolve into getting a used one.
Speaking of which, what mobile brand/model do you recommend (with the specs you gave)
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Kvngfrosh(m): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2020
Hayus4jerry:

Okay thanks. Pitiably that's all I can afford. I think I'd have to drop the thought of getting good a brand new one then and resolve into getting a used one.
Speaking of which, what mobile brand/model do you recommend (with the specs you gave)
Add like 10k . Then get an LG v series device
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by KrazyDave16(m): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2020
Hayus4jerry:

You still got to up your budget a bit for them even as they're used. These are the ones I know right now

Pixel 2 XL (SD 835, 3500mAh)
Redmi Note 7 (SD 660, 4000mAh)
LG G7 (SD 845, 3000mAh battery)
Huawei Y9 (2k19) (Kirin 710, 4000mAh)

Someone mentioned LG V30 another good choice

But if you can't up your budget, you could go for the Redmi 8 or you can get any Tecno or Infinix device (not recommended cos of what you wanna use it for but it's your choice)

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2020
Play Sporting bet with your 40k, carry Manchester United to lose their next game....vooola, you could double or even triple the money...

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Lexusgs430: 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hayus4jerry:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get any suggestions on me getting a new phone with a budget of 40k. If possibly there could be any with atleast 3gb ram, 32gb rom, Android 9 pie and good camera as well.

Am actually sort of a neophyte here, don't really know how the platform works but if you see this, please your comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

Register your bid, you might be lucky......... cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/6158179/oneplus-3t-sale

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Hayus4jerry(m): 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
KrazyDave16:

You still got to up your budget a bit for them even as they're used. These are the ones I know right now

Pixel 2 XL (SD 835, 3500mAh)
Redmi Note 7 (SD 660, 4000mAh)
LG G7 (SD 845, 3000mAh battery)
Huawei Y9 (2k19) (Kirin 710, 4000mAh)

Someone mentioned LG V30 another good choice

But if you can't up your budget, you could go for the Redmi 8 or you can get any Tecno or Infinix device (not recommended cos of what you wanna use it for but it's your choice)

Oh okay thanks.
I'll be on the lookout for the aforementioned.

In the meanwhile, any thoughts on tecno pouvoir 4 pro?
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Hayus4jerry(m): 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2020
donproject:
Play Sporting bet with your 40k, carry Manchester United to lose their next game....vooola, you could double or even triple the money...

Haha I'm a real dumbass when it comes to sports betting.. Besides seem to be unlucky with it also. I've had numerous fails with reasonable stakes. Guess sports betting is just my undoing �
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by KrazyDave16(m): 10:28am On Oct 06, 2020
Hayus4jerry:

Oh okay thanks.
I'll be on the lookout for the aforementioned.

In the meanwhile, any thoughts on tecno pouvoir 4 pro?
Not recommended.

Someone crrated a thread about his Tecno device with same specs failing to run kinemaster pro well
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Hayus4jerry(m): 10:56am On Oct 06, 2020
Thanks for the heads up.
So in the long run, I've made my researches so well and one thing I've come to realise is that there are great phones out there, but one would actually have a quite heavy pocket to be the one to unveil the mask.
The only alternative is getting these phones second handed, pretty much better than getting a new one with lower specs.
Think I'd have to amass some sum more and patiently wait if I'd see an affordable offer.

Thanks all...
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Exumal: 11:00am On Oct 06, 2020
Have you considered umidigi a7pro
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Hayus4jerry(m): 11:12am On Oct 06, 2020
Exumal:
Have you considered umidigi a7pro

Yes, I did. Seems good enough. but was thinking the helio p23 on it might not really be enough for fluid experience.
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Exumal: 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hayus4jerry:

Yes, I did. Seems good enough. but was thinking the helio p23 on it might not really be enough for fluid experience.

Smile, bros na stock Android oh with ram Lddr4x 4gb. You won't understand until you handle an Umidigi. Go watch this video and let's talk afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9q9Mm2Ec1s
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by ogbe1983: 2:40am On Oct 07, 2020
u can get a redmi note 8 at a good price it just depends on ur location drop me ur whatsap number if interested
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Hayus4jerry(m): 8:17am On Oct 07, 2020
Exumal:

Smile, bros na stock Android oh with ram Lddr4x 4gb. You won't understand until you handle an Umidigi. Go watch this video and let's talk afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9q9Mm2Ec1s

Right, pretty great.
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Hayus4jerry(m): 8:18am On Oct 07, 2020
ogbe1983:
u can get a redmi note 8 at a good price it just depends on ur location drop me ur whatsap number if interested

I stay far off (ondo) and I must say, it seems that's why getting such phones have been a bit hard
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by ogbe1983: 9:21am On Oct 07, 2020
Hayus4jerry:

I stay far off (ondo) and I must say, it seems that's why getting such phones have been a bit hard
so true but I can waybill it
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by omoadeleye(m): 10:03am On Oct 07, 2020
Hayus4jerry:

message me bruh
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Venoms001(f): 10:21am On Oct 07, 2020
fados4sure:
Go for Redmi 9a
You are a very wicked person for recommending this crappy brand for someone. That phone with a poor camera like a low budget itel. shocked you want OP to be looking for where to be ordering spare parts everywhere just to repair his phone.
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Venoms001(f): 10:22am On Oct 07, 2020
ogbe1983:
Another wicked person OP it will end in premium tears
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Chubbyface: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2020
Buy spark4
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by Chubbyface: 11:39am On Oct 07, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Not recommended.

Someone crrated a thread about his Tecno device with same specs failing to run kinemaster pro well
you're sure is pouviour 4 pro?
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by KrazyDave16(m): 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2020
Chubbyface:
you're sure is pouviour 4 pro?
Ah. Wasn't the pouvoir 4 pro but the 3 (lb7 I think).

And before you get on your high horse and start ranting about me making a mistake, OP needs it for rendering videos (editing videos, adding effects and sound and merging all together) and having 6GB of RAM with Helio P22 won't get the job done on time and efficiently.
Rather he ups his budget and get a 4GB device with a midrange chipset to use.

Oh and if you haven't edited videos (cutting videos on snapchat or photos don't count) don't bother arguing.
Re: I Need Advice On Getting A New Mobile by KrazyDave16(m): 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2020
Chubbyface:
Buy spark4
Did you even read what he needed a new phone for?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has My Phone Been Hacked? Pics / Help! My Glo Gprs Wap Is Not Working On My New Phone. / The Next Phone To Rock Nigeria's Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.