Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Taming His Desires 1 (romance) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Taming His Desires 1 (romance) (531 Views)

Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) / TAMING HIS DESIRES 9 Cont’d (18+) / Taming His Desires 9 (18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taming His Desires 1 (romance) by Pancakeey(f): 12:32am On Oct 05, 2020
“I see you everywhere, in the stars, in the river, to me you’re everything that exists; the reality of everything”- Virginia Woolf, “Night and day

ENITAN’S POV

The whole city of Abuja was illuminated. The dark heavy skies couldn’t take it anymore and decided to pour. The water in the potholes shimmered under the dim yellow glow of the street lights. There were horns blaring everywhere and people running into each other on the sidewalks. A bunch of drunken people had begun a ruckus outside the karaoke bar across the street. One could hear the distant police siren approaching. It was a madhouse down there. I had turned off the buzzing of my phone for the umpteenth time. Father wouldn’t just take no for an answer. Our family has been the biggest telecommunications tycoon for the past ten years and today, my father decided to throw a party in commemoration of it. I just didn’t understand why I had to be there. Gbotemi, my younger brother had always been my father’s favorite so his presence was enough.
My phone rang again, this time it was my mother.
“Hello mum”
“Enitan Williams, where are you?” Her voice rang out worried.
“I’m busy mum”
“Your father needs you here. Of all days to be busy why choose today?” She queried. I grunted at her reply knowing it was just a way to get me out of bed.
“We both know he doesn’t need anyone. Mum, I don’t understand why you still chose to stay with him after all he had done to us”
“Not today, Enitan.” She pleaded weakly.
“Okay, mum. I’m on my way.”

I heard her release a breath she didn’t know she was holding. I tried paging Dele, my chauffeur then I remembered he didn’t work on weekends. The streets had already become desolate and the street lights had begun to flicker from the rain. A yellow rickety bus drove past in a rush, splashing water on the roadside vendors who in return rained curses on the driver. I pushed the button to the key holder in my hands and the headlights of my car blinked. As expected, the Pearl arena was buzzing with socialites. Every businessman in Abuja was present in the room. The space was grand, gold chandeliers spiraled down from the tall ceiling and the floor was finely polished. And most people waltzed in an out of the building in bubbly chatters. The exotic aroma of spices combined with a fruity waft hit my nose and I wasn’t surprised, I knew my father would pull every string to make this party grand. It was as if, there was always an unspoken competition of who threw the best party in Abuja and even if there were no awards, my father still did it best. At the side, there was a magnificent water fountain and a pedestrian bridge where pictures could be taken to capture the moment. I found my way through the line of busy people, exchanging pleasantries with those I could recognize. My mother stood out in the midst of her friends. She had always been a sight to behold, I had her to thank for my sharp jaws. She wore a long blue sequin dress with intricate diamond stones that dipped into her neckline. She waltzed to the servers table and her poise screamed elegance. I had all night to drink and I wasn’t planning to take chances. I snatched a glass of champagne from a passing server and darted my eyes around the room.

“Enitan I’m glad you’re here. Dad would be so happy to see you” I turned to see Gbotemi smiling widely at me. He was two inches shorter than me but Gbotemi was more built while I was close to being lanky. And this, made so many people assume he was taller. Aside from that, we were both blessed with a face like our mother. and I couldn’t thank the heavens more for that.

“Hey. Gbotemi. I see you’ve been busy.” Ignoring his comment, I tapped my chin. “Wait. I heard you sealed the deal to partner with the Sona airline. Wonderful brother.” I slapped him at the back, more painfully than I expected. He winced and I sauntered over to my mother, she leaned into a pillar, fingering her loose earring. Gbotemi fell in step with me. Her eyes brightened and she plucked a grape from the tray on the table beside her and swallowed.

“Enitan. I’m glad you made it.” She pulled me into her embrace and ruffled the top of my hair. Groaning, I released her.

“Of course mum. You asked me to. Remember” Briskly nodding she turned to Gbotemi.
“Gbotemi, have you seen your dad anywhere?”
“I saw him at the ice fountain minutes ago. I think he was seeing the representatives of the new wheat company that just moved into Abuja” Gbotemi replied.

“Oh your father, I bet he’s trying to win them over.” She finally picked up the bunch of grape from the tray after much plucking from it. “Alright boys, I’ll leave you to it. Someone has to keep the guests happy” She chirped in happily and left. I emptied the remaining champagne in my glass and dropped it on the table by my side. The liquid ran down my throat creating a bubbling excitement in me.

“So have you heard about the new partners we just signed a deal with?”
“Oh, so there’s a long list of them?” I mocked. Gbotemi grinned and was about to run me the full of the story when I raised a hand. “No, don’t you even dare.” He had always been the doting son and my father had no problem picking a favorite son.

Gbotemi rubbed the back of his neck and mentioned something between the line of meeting up with someone and left.

Click here for the full story https://thebookishyinka./

This novel includes two POV’s and I'll be updating it daily.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

. / Adetutu My Beloved Wife / Writer Needed For 24 Articles Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.