Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Happy Teachers Day!! Celebrate Your Favorite Teacher - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Happy Teachers Day!! Celebrate Your Favorite Teacher (269 Views)

World Teachers' Day - Share Your Experiences With Your Favourite/worst Teacher / World Teachers' Day: Who Is Your Favorite Teacher In School / HAPPY TEACHERS DAY: A Letter To A Teacher By A 4th Grade Pupil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Teachers Day!! Celebrate Your Favorite Teacher by tobechi74: 2:20am On Oct 05, 2020
October 5 is the day Teachers all over the world are celebrated.

Is there any teacher that you respect the most? What is that thing you love most about him? Kindly tell us . Other teachers reading may watch learn from your story and apply the teaching method to their own teaching
Re: Happy Teachers Day!! Celebrate Your Favorite Teacher by olaolaking: 2:38am On Oct 05, 2020
Engineer Oghali. My HOD then. Come and see plenty of student waiting to see him anytime he was around. If you see him driving along the road and you stop him to explain anything to you about his course, he was ready and he would only beg you to allow him to pack well so that LASTMA would not arrest him.

Thank you Engineer Oghali.
Re: Happy Teachers Day!! Celebrate Your Favorite Teacher by tobechi74: 5:59am On Oct 05, 2020
There are few teachers who have touched us in numerous ways.

Dr O.N Oguoma while teaching us a course on factors affecting location of an industry asked one of us to list three factors he would consider before he would get married to a woman. He listed

(1) beauty( 2) Intelligence (3) character.

Then he asked him to allocate points to each factor in descending order of importance. His response was

(1)Character: 3 points (2) Intelligence: 2(3) beauty : 1

Then Prof asked two ladies of opposite features . He asked the guy to score each girls according to his perceived performance in each factor . His response was similar to this

Girl A : Intelligence :8 . Character: 7 . Beauty :5

Girl B Intelligence:5 character : 9. Beauty :3.

Next, each score was multiplied by the rating and the sum for each girl was taken. The girl with the highest score wins.

It has been over seven years since I attended this class but I still recall it like it was yesterday. Youth are so obsessed with relationship issues . He used our interest to teach us. One can apply the same method in making life decision. For instance, while applying for masters degree program, choosing between two jobs, choosing between various investment plans, residential areas etc .

As a teacher, I often use soccer to explain certain phenomenon to my students. It has been over seven years ago since I received this teaching. Prof must have retired by now. we may never cross paths in life but his teaching method remains forever in my heart.
Re: Happy Teachers Day!! Celebrate Your Favorite Teacher by Edudelight: 6:10am On Oct 05, 2020
Happy Teacher's Day

(1) (Reply)

ɴᴜʀss ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ Essay Contest 2020 (ᴘʀᴇsɪᴅᴇɴᴛ, ʟᴇᴠɪ ᴢᴀᴄʜᴀʀɪᴀʜ ɢᴇᴏʀɢᴇ) / Press Release Comr. Levi Zachariah George talks On Neglect Of The Students Comm / WAEC Result Is Out: How To Get Your WAEC Result Checker PIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.