Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience (19510 Views)

ABSU Lecturer Proposes To Student In Lecture Hall On Valentine's Day / Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall / Edo State Polytechnic Expels 2 Students Caught Having Sex In Lecture Halls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by NewDelhi(m): 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
You first few days in a lecture hall no matter where you are in this country ,you'll experience few things.

Those that will come and beg the whole class for money coz of or ailment or the other or one financial difficulty or the other.

Those ones that will come and advertise one mumu book to sell. They sweetmouth you that if you don't buy, you'll fail

Then also the SUG people that will come and campaign.

11 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by SPOLO(m): 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
Mine was easy though as i already made friends from my Locality sef through the school facebook group for freshers.
so we made a call and also came to class for our first lecturer.
Na so everybody just dey look fresh but after like some weeks hahahaha na then we know what University is actually all about and as a Mathematical science student its not easy , pre-Requisite courses just plenty.....

6 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by jaymichael(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
I honestly can't remember. If it was that eventful, I would have remembered.
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by worldclass68(m): 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
First class MTH (calculus) angry angry....
While the lecture was going on I dey reason myself waiting I come here come do sef sad sad

Las Las I shall dey alright at the end

9 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by ekochris(m): 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
ekochris:
I am not very good in writing, don't mind my grammar.....but this was what actually happened to me today as I entered the first tertiary institution class for the first time

My First First Day in Class

On Monday 15th December, 2014, I walked briskly past ‘Gossip Centre’ and climbed the stairs to the second floor of the popular “New Building” of College of Business and Management Studies, Kaduna Polytechnic, the largest polytechnic in Africa.

I quickly scanned through the doorposts of the classes and my eye caught ND IA, took a deep breath, opened the door with care bordering on fear – and behold all I could see are multiples of eyes looking at me from all angles.

I quickly scanned through the class looking for a convenient seat, and thank God, behold an empty seat in the last row of the class. As I was walking towards the seat, I heard a resonating baritone voice yelling at me “kai….kaje ka kule kofar” (i.e. hey….go and close the door). Oh! I didn’t close the door properly. I turned round to see who was speaking, I saw one of these real rough, tough guy who looked like a serial bully. I simply complied with his order, I went and locked the door, and started going back to my seat with “all eyes on me”. Those seconds of walking to the seat were the longest 10 seconds of my life.

I went to the seat and sat down, trying to compose myself when one half dark or maybe half fair brunette walked up to me and said “are you from Rukayya…….”. “What?” I replied; and she continued “….shey you are Rukayya’s brother, she told me her brother is coming”. I sighed and told her I have no idea of what she was talking about.

As if that was not enough, the honorable assistant class captain came to me and the following conversation ensued:

She: Are you a new student?
Me: Yes. I was offered admission last week.
She: How are you going to cope? Hope you know exams is only a month away?
Me: By God’s grace.
She: I pity you sha, it’s not going to me easy
(…..what, did I just hear her say pity).

Me: Thanks.
She: Anyways my name is ABC but you can call me XYZ
(at this point I wasn’t listening to her)
Me: I’m Tony.

Everybody in the class were looking at me as if I was trying to convince them that G is for Jesus.
The girl in front of my seat just turned around and told me “We have 2 tests today……Business Maths and Technical English”. At this point, I was beginning to sweat in the cold morning. I’m just resuming today and they are talking about test.
Before I could say Jack Robinson, a young damsel in her mid twenties just walked in, and everybody was like “good morning Ma”. She replied “hope you are all ready for the test?”, I nearly shouted “No”, but my timid voice would be drowned by the overwhelming “Yes” echoing from the four corners of the class.

In my mind I said “so na this fine girl wan come spoil my day with maths test this morning”. Mathematics has not been one of my favorite subjects. The door opened, and a serious-faced guy with dreadlocks (original dada) walked straight in and sat on the same seat with me; he turned and said to me “if you no know wetin you go write, just copy my own”. Very generous of him, I wanted to thank him for his concern, when he added “you are lucky, other people at looking for the opportunity to seat with me”. What!!! Me…..lucky….for seating with him, I just locked up, and moreover I wasn’t planning on copying from anybody before.

So the test came and gone, I went out for break, came out to refresh myself, when I went back for the second lecture, I was accounting, one of my favourite, at least I don’t have to worry much. After the lecturers, it was announced that English won’t be coming for his test today, so I heaved a sigh of relief and left the class.

And so fellas, that was how my first day in tertiary institution class went. For all those who looked down on me in the class, they have not seen the real me; I am coming to take down their balcony.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by MrHandsome2013: 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Samostical:
My first day was my breakthrough day because it actually set the pace for me. A Professor of Guidance and Counseling walked in and asked me "What are the three areas of human learning?". I told her I don't know. She then said to me "a mere looking at you, I thought you were bright, is this simple thing you don't know". it was as if the ground should open let me enter. the class became very tense up because students were anticipating what next could possibly happen. But from that day I vowed to graduate with the best results in that department. All thanks to God I became the most popular, most soughted, most consultated student by students. I wrote assignments for students, I tutored some and went as far as becoming the President of that department, Sole Administrator, and till day Professors in that department still love and honour me. I end up winning on everyside and graduated with strongest 2.1.
Physical, cognitive and pyschosocial.
Am i right?
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by apatheticme(f): 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2020
Abcruz:
On my first day we had GST101 at about 8AM. I woke up around 4AM, prepared and got to school 6AM.

I initially thought I would be the first to get there but I was surprised by the numbers of students that were already seated. After taking my seat a certain man from the street whom everyone of us taught was a lecturer, came to sell his books titled "English and Englishes." grin

After successfully convincing us that one could be sent out of the university for not passing English, everybody in the hall bought the book with fear. grin
I bought the book with the last card I had on my wallet thinking it was my textbook for the semester. Little did I know that the man is well known for scamming freshers. He smiled cheerfully, counted and made away with thousands of naira under the watchful eyes of everyone in the hall. shocked

The useless book was less than 15 pages containing trash upon trash. I had to throw it in the nearest trash can. angry

This is actually very funny!

I'm still laughing out loud right now!

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by juniormod: 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2020
Saig:

God help you
Amen
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Abcruz(m): 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2020
apatheticme:

This is actually very funny!

I'm still laughing out loud right now!

Lol grin
Anytime I remember that day I can't help laughing at how naive I was back then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by dave06(f): 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2020
Came late to class.

Sat on the floor.
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Wierdceo: 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2020
I was very very popular in the group chat and i talk and post many things there they even started pressuring me to be class rep wen they have not even seen the person I am in real life. The first day , I got to school and located the class, I could not even enter seff. I was very shy . Even shaking mildly like who them pour ice water. I was just thinking how people go use eyes take look me if I enter. It was Ivie, one babe who had already been friends with me in the group chat who went outside and held my hand and walked me in.

Ah Jesus me.. .......... Ei God .

Honestly there are somethings I did back then when I was much younger and if I think about them, I just can't believe it was me. Me that will walk into somewhere now and be looking at everybody's face as if am scanning them.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Abcruz(m): 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2020
Jubilancy:

I dont want to curse the man!

I bought it too!
At Nlt

Oh you bought it too? grin
I was even more serious when he made mention of how medical students need to pass by reading the stupid book. grin

8 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by sinbad042(m): 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
I was full of anxiety and almost thought i'm not gonna cope.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Abcruz(m): 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2020
Dam145:

Were you a futmite?

Nope AAUite.
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Merimental(m): 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
Iyoocartel:
Iyooooooo cartel

Right from day zero for esut we no dey attend class but we still come out with 2.1
Only bank affair ga eme mu njide pen
School no be scam shaa but amalom way school
School adia enyem ego Muwa ji e look good
Muwa n'enye school ego ndi teacher Ana look good
18 years in school momma told me read your book
I told her i want to hustle I want to take you to the moon
Osim anyhow e be Nwa i dey pray for you

After we don go sewa for back gate then we enter school park sit down there chop then disembark to our lodge.
Elem igbo na esut
Good old days now two hilux dey follow mahn all over golf estate

If i was stupid to be attending lectures I won't have time to bomb

Men na atu olu 6 to 6 Till we cash out in billi till we cash out in zero 6
Till mnwe like 500kpa n'ime my amiri jean
I can never ever quit until i r i p
Iyoocartel Nwa C I C
Notorious ka B I G
Mgbe mno secondary ana alu egbe n'ime gtc

Odi mkpa ka men chuo ego kowe ye Ife.

Nwanne adefu na mba.

Tawa d money ni inwelo nsogbu.
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Merimental(m): 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2020
TheBaseet:
Getting to lecture all and all seat filled with bags...I was shocked
This was around 6:30am...The class was slated for 8:00am

I can relate. overpopulated class d major reason.
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by christejames(m): 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
hrykanu231:

This is almost like my case. Never liked any form of calculation. But the first class i attended was Business Maths, I almost bought another Jamb form. But my friend Ernest encouraged me and together we pulled through successfully.

Wow!

Coincidentally, that my friend's other name is also Earnest cheesy
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Bloooody(m): 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
Physics
Lecturer asked me a question , I didn't know it.
Man said I should stand after an old lady got it I asked if I could sit down.
The man said I shouldnt ask again with a funny tone so I thought he was joking.
I asked again if I could sit this bastard con threatened to slap me and told me to stand in front of the class.
Shame won kill me.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by mosesbola(f): 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
Send me your mail/no. Sir

post=94630924:

Get In touch with me
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by germanybyfireoo: 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2020
First day after corona. Not first semester tho

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Sleepaway(f): 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hmmm my first lecture then was GST101 Use of library
I was like which one is this am I studying science to be a librarian
Me and a guy I met(we were both lost fresher's) found our way to the lecture hall. We were late so as people were entering we just followed it was weird af
Got a seat around the end of the class, took my note and 10 minutes later the class was over.
It was pretty interesting but before I got to the lecture hall was war
I trekked tire no be small

7 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by tarantino1: 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2020
Rgade:
Maths 111. Tuesday morning.
I came late for the class, cause I walked a very long distance from my Lodge to the school through one of the main gates, hadn't discovered any of the short routes then.
The man was teaching PMI.. Principles of Mathematical Induction. Then sets.
I was just at the back hissing and sighing, telling myself "chaly,see as your failure just start."

grin

I can relate
PMI first lecture too

I confuse die
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by tarantino1: 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2020
germanybyfireoo:
First day after corona. Not first semester tho

Una dey carry laptop enter class?
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Jackossky(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
I can't remember much but I did remember thism apart.

I got into the hall, looking lost and searching for a vacant chair to sit on,fixed myself in one and people were too fixated on the lecturer teaching that they didn't notice this newbie.

Good for me, took out a book and was scribbling something at the back as if my life depends on it.

Did this for a while and then, I looked up, smiled and scanned my environment.

What I scribbled at the back of my book was my name and it's meaning.

"The Usurper"

Sola.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by OYENIYIJK: 3:57pm On Oct 05, 2020
illicit:
My first lecture was GNS 111

I won 1000#

The lecturer ( Mr Otekwu) challenged us to spell 'Patois' (pronounced Patwa) he was going to give the speller 500#
but the whole class went dumb.

I think most of us (fresher's) were shy

But I did spell it and another word....

Hi, do you care to tell me the second one?
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by 20bc(m): 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2020
Abcruz:
On my first day we had GST101 at about 8AM. I woke up around 4AM, prepared and got to school 6AM.

I initially thought I would be the first to get there but I was surprised by the numbers of students that were already seated. After taking my seat a certain man from the street whom everyone of us thought was a lecturer, came to sell his books titled "English and Englishes." grin

After successfully convincing us that one could be sent out of the university for not passing English, everybody in the hall bought the book with fear. grin
I bought the book with the last card I had on my wallet thinking it was my textbook for the semester. Little did I know that the man is well known for scamming freshers. He smiled cheerfully, counted and made away with thousands of naira under the watchful eyes of everyone in the hall. shocked

The useless book was less than 15 pages containing trash upon trash. I had to throw it in the nearest trash can. angry

Bro did you school in AAU? cause in my 100L they sold that shit in every lecture theater I went to.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by illicit(m): 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

Hi, do you care to tell me the second one?

Quay (pronounced key)
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by OYENIYIJK: 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2020
illicit:

Quay (pronounced key)
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Ahappy: 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2020
reading
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by oluwaseyi0: 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
My first semester in school I bought all the text books the lecturer recommended

that's the last time I ever did that ...most of the book were useless and I was broke from too much book-spending

5 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by missCAPS: 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
It was maths 111... The Lecturer complained of my big eyes!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No Nigerian University Made "World's Best 700". / Peace Mass Transit Boss, Sam Onyishi Set To Extend Midas’ To University Educatio / Check Ur Unilorin List Here And Good Luck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.