Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,071 members, 7,953,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:23 PM

Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience (20117 Views)

ABSU Lecturer Proposes To Student In Lecture Hall On Valentine's Day / Echetama: Alvan Ikoku College Lecturer Slumps, Dies In Lecture Hall / Edo State Polytechnic Expels 2 Students Caught Having Sex In Lecture Halls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Ajibade123(m): 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
TheBaseet:
Hmmm
It is FSC104 Mathematics Class

The lecturers started with "We are the Alpha and Omega here, A is for God, B is Me, C is for nobody, D for the most brilliant, the rest follow suit.
A lot of people have not graduated because of this course. If you do anyhow, we will hold you down. By the way...hand out will be dished out after each class at N400 per each.. *everyone one shouts*

To cut story short..how i got C in FSC 104 still baffles me till date
lol
unilag shey??
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 4:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
missCAPS:
It was maths 111... The Lecturer complained of my big eyes!

this is hilarious
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by okafor200(m): 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2020
oboy I tell Una say I dey even suspect one strange man for my compound make keep eye like vulture so,

I was like see come na thunder go help me tear your yansh there for increasing this our NEPA bill this month,

but the man was like abeg na NEPA people cause am ooo.

anyways I want to give a heavy shout out to manubuqree everything we grill,
na all this Burkina Faso strange thunder nahim go help us fire your half yansh there.
sometimes I go dey wonder if na for cameroun dem born the fool.
always commenting like an outcast that just came into the country some few days ago

baba olowo
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by MrJibana: 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hmmm.... First ever lecture hall experience was terrible due to my shy state (I was super shy).. Remembered going for GSS from after I sighted that students were hovering outside, agh! this was around 7am that I was feeling I was super early well I felt maybe the lecturer is yet to arrive na why students dey hover around.

Well I got close 'lo and behold' the hall was already filled to the brim with people even hanging on the window although the lecturer was yet to arrive, instead of me to try and associate that was how my introverted and shy spirit whispered 'o boy you no go survive', I just turned around and headed back to the hostel cry. Well long story short I boycotted all GSS classes and lab session when first semester result dropped it was 9 carryover out of 15courses... Las las I spent 7yrs in the university and still dropped out at the end but life continues.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by DAVECENA(m): 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
Abcruz:
On my first day we had GST101 at about 8AM. I woke up around 4AM, prepared and got to school 6AM.

I initially thought I would be the first to get there but I was surprised by the numbers of students that were already seated. After taking my seat a certain man from the street whom everyone of us thought was a lecturer, came to sell his books titled "English and Englishes." grin

After successfully convincing us that one could be sent out of the university for not passing English, everybody in the hall bought the book with fear. grin
I bought the book with the last card I had on my wallet thinking it was my textbook for the semester. Little did I know that the man is well known for scamming freshers. He smiled cheerfully, counted and made away with thousands of naira under the watchful eyes of everyone in the hall. shocked

The useless book was less than 15 pages containing trash upon trash. I had to throw it in the nearest trash can. angry

hahahaha man be looking like almajiri...Ekpoma breed right?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by wamide042(m): 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, my first day in the university I was just pissed!

"Is this what they call a University?"
"Blocks of glorified nonsense!"

Many of this Nigerian 'prestigious' Universities are living on past glories. Almost everything is substandard! Unconducive lecture halls meant for 300 students is forcefully made to accommodate 1300 students without adequate sound system to support.

Anyways, I didn't come to look at buildings and learning facilities, so I faced what I came for (to learn) and made my really good grades!

Hallelujah! I'm a super Lion!

Oga.. is there a word ‘saprogatively’ or are you just being sarcastic.. the sparogative’ i know is a foreign musician .. so how does this correlate.
Then again I discovered that you just joined NL don’t worry las las nobody go tell you to ‘CALM DOWN’..

3 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by ThierryJay: 5:51pm On Oct 05, 2020
I was personally embarrassed at my first lecture experience in OAU.

Fresh from sec school, I got to the lecture hall and followed the lecture quite alright. However, after the lecture ended, I still sat down there glued to my seat blissfully waiting for the next lecture. My thought was that the next lecturer was going to come and lecture in the same hall just like in secondary school class. Meanwhile my coursemates had all rushed out of the hall to locate the venue for the next lecture.

It wasn't until other students that came for their lecture in the hall where I was seated started telling me that I didn't look familiar that my brain kicked into gear that something was wrong. I felt very stupid at that moment.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
tarantino1:

grin

I can relate
PMI first lecture too

I confuse die
That topic na something.
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Baitullah: 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nothing vexed me more than the noises looming from every corner of the hall. Higher level students came to create their own exaggerative anxiety in us about meeting challenges with courses/lecturers.

Hustle buddies came to preach about how their books (which is to be bought) will aid you to pass even your masters degree examination � and will sharply market their products �

The worst of all is that "Forever Trekking" under the immence sun � when looking for, visiting and revisiting HOD(s) and the likes for signing clearance and course form. My shoes chop finish � plus my always boiling brain.

I'll never forget those

4 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Mavinsoladele(m): 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
Bro Schoolshoe light099 share yours na
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by JayCynic(m): 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
juniormod:
I came all smelling roses, aiming for the top, as a go getter, I became more popular and liberal to the extent, I was given the course rep during my year one, things were going as anticipated until I saw my year one result, I swear the thing humble me no be small grin

Well I won't blame myself, coming from a poor home with you to fend for yourself and little or nothing to fall back on throughly got into my nerve and wrecked havoc.

Las Las man go dey alright by His grace, now in 3 hundred lv though, still pushing...

Keep pushing my bro, you'll get there

3 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by OMOBANJO: 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
Rgade:
Maths 111. Tuesday morning.
I came late for the class, cause I walked a very long distance from my Lodge to the school through one of the main gates, hadn't discovered any of the short routes then.
The man was teaching PMI.. Principles of Mathematical Induction. Then sets.
I was just at the back hissing and sighing, telling myself "chaly,see as your failure just start."

Futminna?
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
OMOBANJO:

Futminna?
Nah, unn
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by OMOBANJO: 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
Rgade:
Nah, unn
ok...just same as Futmx
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Georgebaba: 6:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
post=94628743:
During My School Days, I use to stay at the back of the class, I just dey there, dey press my phone, dey do my blogging business, at the end of the lecture for the day, I will earn 100$
No time Bro!��

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Schoolshoe: 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2020
Mavinsoladele:
Bro Schoolshoe light099 share yours na
I don forget o.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Sunny0220: 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
Abcruz:
On my first day we had GST101 at about 8AM. I woke up around 4AM, prepared and got to school 6AM.

I initially thought I would be the first to get there but I was surprised by the numbers of students that were already seated. After taking my seat a certain man from the street whom everyone of us thought was a lecturer, came to sell his books titled "English and Englishes." grin

After successfully convincing us that one could be sent out of the university for not passing English, everybody in the hall bought the book with fear. grin angry

This has UNIZIK written all over it grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Alexaonfleek: 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
Abcruz:

After successfully convincing us that one could be sent out of the university for not passing English, everybody in the hall bought the book with fear. grin
I bought the book with the last card I had on my wallet thinking it was my textbook for the semester. Little did I know that the man is well known for scamming freshers. He smiled cheerfully, counted and made away with thousands of naira under the watchful eyes of everyone in the hall. shocked

The useless book was less than 15 pages containing trash upon trash. I had to throw it in the nearest trash can. angry
Lols
Had.a similar experience too.

Mine happened when we were waiting for lecturer.
Then a guy came in with 'materials' and was advertising it to us.
He said it was a very important material and we needed it urgently for our first semester.
55% of people in the hall bought it,the remaining people that didn't buy it did so because they didn't have enough money with them,myself inclusive cheesy
Turned out that the content of the material was jamb past questions that was just photocopied

You're either a uniben,aau or uniport student or somewhere in the south south.
Things like this happen there undecided

4 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
MrHandsome2013:
... Physical, cognitive and pyschosocial. Am i right?
Yes u got it
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Abcruz(m): 10:14pm On Oct 05, 2020
20bc:

Bro did you school in AAU? cause in my 100L they sold that shit in every lecture theater I went to.

AAU of course. cheesy
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Abcruz(m): 10:15pm On Oct 05, 2020
DAVECENA:

hahahaha man be looking like almajiri...Ekpoma breed right?

Exactly! Yh Ekpoma.
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Abcruz(m): 10:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Lols
Had.a similar experience too.

Mine happened when we were waiting for lecturer.
Then a guy came in with 'materials' and was advertising it to us.
He said it was a very important material and we needed it urgently for our first semester.
55% of people in the hall bought it,the remaining people that didn't buy it did so because they didn't have enough money with them,myself inclusive cheesy
Turned out that the content of the material was jamb past questions that was just photocopied

You're either a uniben,aau or uniport student or somewhere in the south south.
Things like this happen there undecided

Yeah they always want to take advantage of freshers cos they're naive, scared of failing, and will believe anything hook line and sinker without thinking twice.
I can't even count the countless materials that was brought by strange faces and students were rushing it like their lives depends on it only to discover latter that it was a meaningless trash. grin

They always came with this statement to put fear on us: "Buy this material now oo because if you have one F in med school you're out." Then crowd of students will start begging the man to take their money for a worthless book. grin

By the way I'm from AAU. What about you?

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Akinola100: 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2020
Iyoocartel:
Iyooooooo cartel

Right from day zero for esut we no dey attend class but we still come out with 2.1
Only bank affair ga eme mu njide pen
School no be scam shaa but amalom way school
School adia enyem ego Muwa ji e look good
Muwa n'enye school ego ndi teacher Ana look good
18 years in school momma told me read your book
I told her i want to hustle I want to take you to the moon
Osim anyhow e be Nwa i dey pray for you

After we don go sewa for back gate then we enter school park sit down there chop then disembark to our lodge.
Elem igbo na esut
Good old days now two hilux dey follow mahn all over golf estate

If i was stupid to be attending lectures I won't have time to bomb

Men na atu olu 6 to 6 Till we cash out in billi till we cash out in zero 6
Till mnwe like 500kpa n'ime my amiri jean
I can never ever quit until i r i p
Iyoocartel Nwa C I C
Notorious ka B I G
Mgbe mno secondary ana alu egbe n'ime gtc
Iyo cartel.
why now
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by highdon(m): 12:04am On Oct 06, 2020
[quote author=ekochris post=94631289][/quote]

U stay in kd
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Alexaonfleek: 12:10am On Oct 06, 2020
Abcruz:

Yeah they always want to take advantage of freshers cos they're naive, scared of failing, and will believe anything hook line and sinker without thinking twice.
I can't even count the countless materials that was brought by strange faces and students were rushing it like their lives depends on it only to discover latter that it was a meaningless trash. grin

They always came with this statement to put fear on us: "Buy this material now oo because if you have one F in med school you're out." Then crowd of students will start begging the man to take their money for a worthless book. grin

By the way I'm from AAU. What about you?
I talk am!
What a coincidence!
Same here smiley

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by NarnieAceTech: 12:10am On Oct 06, 2020
Lol. Quite an interesting topic.

My first day of lecture, can't really recall what happened but it wasn't really fun for me. We were just about 85 students admitted because the school was facing some disciplinary court case because they admit students in thousands, I mean thousands.

As weeks rolled by, I began to to get more acquainted with my colleagues. I had an issue with the prettiest girl in class because I refused to open my sheet for her to copy. All these girls that just have nothing meaningful to offer asides their face. I told her to her face, "Please, read your books. I can't burn the proverbial midnight candle only for you to come and start pleading with me to open my answer booklet for you". We never spoke till I left the polytechnic and transferred to a federal university through direct entry

5 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Abcruz(m): 12:22am On Oct 06, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
I talk am!
What a coincidence!
Same here smiley

Lol
What level?
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Alexaonfleek: 12:24am On Oct 06, 2020
Abcruz:

Lol What level?
100 level. What about you?
Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Abcruz(m): 12:26am On Oct 06, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
100 level.
What about you?

Cool! I'm in 300level.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by juniormod: 2:37am On Oct 06, 2020
JayCynic:

Keep pushing my bro, you'll get there
I will, although it is never an easy thing, considering so many challenges on my way, could you believe that I have not paid my 300lv school fee?
Even when others had paid and registered their courses, I don't even know what to do when school resumes, been looking for a job all these while, all to no avail. Sometimes it pains me that I cannot afford 26k school fee, my school being one of the cheapest in South East. God will help me.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 06, 2020
Quitam:
It was Phy 111(Mechanics). That was the first time i sat on floor to receive lesson � A hall tha was meant to accommodate max 350 students was struggling to sit about 800. Las las, i realised that going to those crowdy lectures was mostly counter productive. I used to sleep jejely in the hostel, then catch up with the notes later.
That means you failed that course or you pay bribe to sort the course , you can't be absent in such a course and earn good grade on mechanics. Mechanics is one of the most advanced courses you can find in science and engineering, though there's preliminary. Don't take it seriously.

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day In Lecture Hall Experience by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 06, 2020
tchidi066:
I got into the wrong class, i was too embarrassed to walk out so I stayed put
Aren't there course codes on the door post of each class in your various departments? Na wa for nigerian universities oh. I thank God I know school there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

WASSCE: Osun Begs Former N-power Teachers To Resume / Attention! NOUN Has Just Released Its 3rd Batch Admission List: Go Check Your Names. / JAMB 2019- Things You Should Consider When Choosing A School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.