Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President (884 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks Against LGBTQ Rise In The World (video) / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing At Shiloh 2017 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President by boman2014: 10:25am On Oct 05, 2020
Presiding Bishop, Living Faith Church Worldwide,
David Oyedepo has spoken about a revelation God
showed him on becoming Nigeria's President.

While speakin on Sunday the man of God vowed
that he would consider it a demotion if invited
to become Nigeria’s president.

Oyedepo, during his sermon, said God
specifically, in 1984 asked him if he was
interested in going top and that he answered in
the affirmative.

He said God told him,

“Then whatever I tell you to do, do it. Don’t run
around: whatever I tell you to do, do it. Don’t
muse about: whatever I tell you to do. Don’t do
what they do: do what I tell you to do.

“1984! Do you know that’s what led me to say,
“I will consider it a demotion…” and I’m saying
it again, some are very upset about it, that’s
their problem.

“I will consider it a demotion if I were invited to
be the President of this great country. It’s a
great country, it’s a great honour for anyone
to be President but that’s not where I belong. I
belong to ‘above all nations,” he said.

According to Oyedepo: “Angry or happy, there
are more than 100 nations now hooked on to this
service; and we all belong there together. That’s
where we belong. Some can see it, others can’t
see it: They say, “I don’t believe it, I just need
food, water and eat, drink and die. I don’t need
above all nations.”

“I’ve said it before, “the highest concentration
of giants in this generation will emerge from
this platform.”

If you are one of them, let me hear your loudest
Amen. The same way, this Church did not need
any human help to get to where we are, you
won’t bow to any devil to scale any height in
your life.

“Watch, if I’m the one to lift you, I can only
take you to where my hand can reach. Imagine
the everlasting arm of Jesus, He picks you up,
scaling everlasting heights. I can’t get you
there. There is no help from man under heaven
no matter who that man that will compare with
help from God.

https://www.tori.ng/news/155691/bishop-oyedepo-speaks-on-gods-plan-for-him-to-beco.html

1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President by myBraine: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2020
Good for him and for the poor masses.

In as much as many of us do not agree with him on many of the policies that run his empire and hegemony in the pentecostal denomination, if I had the chance to vote for Bishop Oyedepo in the last election, I'll do just that.

I so much love his insatiable taste for opulence and development.

In this century, that's what Nigeria needs. We need development and I don't care if we have to suffer to achieve that feet.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President by Mokason28: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2020
God bless you my daddy
There is no help from man under heaven
no matter who that man that will compare with
help from God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President by Brandstudio01: 10:27am On Oct 05, 2020
Oya supporters club of Nigeria please over to you.
Come and insult a man who is old enough to be your dad. But will crucify Wizkid for doing the same to your political father.

Future generations indeed

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President by sreamsense: 11:04am On Oct 05, 2020
Is it that you people lack comprehension or the words used are too cumbersome that you couldn't understand? How has what you wrote above translated to being president of Nigeria? When will these generation of mentally lazy youths stop embarrassing themselves with poor assimilation? If it were dancing steps or Davido matter, they will understand. Disgusting!

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:57am On Oct 05, 2020
If God asked Him if he was interested in becoming the president of Nigeria and he said "yes". And then God told him what he needed to do to become that, and he didn't become the president of Nigeria up til now but he now considers it a demotion,

Does that mean, he didn't do what God asked him to do?

Or that he did it but now believes he was wrong to have answered in the affirmative and that God didn't literally mean "become president of Nigeria" but something even more?

Because the fact is that he never became the president of Nigeria as he desired to be at the time God asked him that question.

I don't quite understand the whole story here, because when God says He would make someone become something if they meet a certain requirement, and they meet it, He always brings it to pass as in the instance of Abraham, but in this case He didn't.

So from what He said here, I believe it's either it wasn't God that told Him that, or he didn't meet the requirement God gave, because if God says such a thing, and the requirements are met, He always brings it to pass.

Except maybe he didn't understand what God said to him at the time.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President by MINORU: 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
The world is not enough
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President by yultater: 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Oya supporters club of Nigeria please over to you.
Come and insult a man who is old enough to be your dad. But will crucify Wizkid for doing the same to your political father.

Future generations indeed

trash
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President by Brandstudio01: 12:59pm On Oct 05, 2020
yultater:

trash
not sure anyone been mad in your family. You you will be the first. And this is the last time you're hearing from me
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President by yultater: 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2020
Brandstudio01:
not sure anyone been mad in your family. You you will be the first. And this is the last time you're hearing from me

Trash.....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President by yultater: 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2020
Brandstudio01:

trash

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President by merieam16(f): 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2020
Okay let see how it goes...buh God can never be mocked

(1) (Reply)

The Key Is Simple / Evelyn Joshua: My Husbands Death Did Not Surprise Me - Prophet TB Joshua's Wife / Youngest Catholic Priest, To Enter Guinness Book Of Record, As Tobi Amusan Alma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.