Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC (19515 Views)

NYSC Relocation, Date Of Birth Issue, Correction Of Name Enquiry, Other Issues / NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification / NYSC Date Of Birth Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by Collins4u1(m): 5:47am On Nov 30, 2020
olamoses75:
ok thanks. But hope they wouldn't request for birth certificate when registering for nysc?

Nope not at all

1 Like

Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by MrJoelinton: 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2021
mozele:
whichever way you choose to stress yourself, it's your choice.

I've been working with NYSC since 2017 and here's my take:

Put the correct date in your registration. while you are in your second week on camp, you and your colleagues will be issued a slip called certificate format.

Right on that slip, you can make all corrections (name, age, and passport photograph) you choose to make as only the details on that slip will be reflected on your NYSC certificate which will be issued to you when passing out.
Good morning my Oga. How was your day ? God bless you sir.
Pls I have a little problem, I wrote waec more than a decade ago but I've been unable to get the original certificate. What I have is the printout. The school I finished from relocated and I lost total contact of everyone and anything that could lead to a trace.

Secondly I also schooled outside Nigeria.

Pls will the original waec certificate be am issue in camp or during registration ? I hear they send foreign students out of camp because of it I don't know how true.
Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by DEYOUS: 8:30am On Jan 07, 2021
You are right, do it now in other to prevent doing it when things have damaged
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... is just the day off.... doesn't matter. Really? If NYSC accepts your application.... it will only add to complications later in life when an agency scrutinizes your certificates. Fix the problem now rather than later.
Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by mozele(m): 11:16am On Jan 07, 2021
MrJoelinton:

Pls will the original waec certificate be am issue in camp or during registration ? I hear they send foreign students out of camp because of it I don't know how true.

Good day sir,

All students who studied in tertiary institutions outside Nigeria are mandated to present an O-Level result before they'll be able to complete their registrations on camp. That's the only advantage those who studied in Nigeria have over those who studied outside the country.

I'll advice you visit WAEC office with a valid means of identificationion to see how they can assist you in tracing your result.

If it proved abortive, your next option will be to sit again for WAEC or NECO.

Most foreign students I've seen so far with this same issue presents NECO results instead. I don't know if it's because its easy or there's a back door around it.

Just make your findings and choose anyone you find appropriate.

Whichever means you choose, just make sure you come to camp with an O-Level result to save yourself from unnecessary long talks.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by MrJoelinton: 5:55pm On Jan 07, 2021
mozele:

Good day sir,

All students who studied in tertiary institutions outside Nigeria are mandated to present an O-Level result before they'll be able to complete their registrations on camp. That's the only advantage those who studied in Nigeria have over those who studied outside the country.

I'll advice you visit WAEC office with a valid means of identificationion to see how they can assist you in tracing your result.

If it proved abortive, your next option will be to sit again for WAEC or NECO.

Most foreign students I've seen so far with this same issue presents NECO results instead. I don't know if it's because its easy or there's a back door around it.

Just make your findings and choose anyone you find appropriate.

Whichever means you choose, just make sure you come to camp with an O-Level result to save yourself from unnecessary long talks.

Shalom!
I have the result but it's the printout. (Statement of result).

What I don't have is the original certificate. Waec statement of result and waec certificate are different.

So my concern is going to camp with the printout instead of the certificate be an issue.?
Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by mozele(m): 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
MrJoelinton:

I have the result but it's the printout. (Statement of result).

What I don't have is the original certificate. Waec statement of result and waec certificate are different.

So my concern is going to camp with the printout instead of the certificate be an issue.?

Ordinary print-outs aren't allowed sir. You need to present the original certificate.
Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by dplomaticVal: 9:18am On Aug 07, 2021
mozele:

Put the correct date in your registration. while you are in your second week on camp, you and your colleagues will be issued a slip called certificate format.

Right on that slip, you can make all corrections (name, age, and passport photograph) you choose to make as only the details on that slip will be reflected on your NYSC certificate which will be issued to you when passing out.

Pls which date is more appropriate to be inserted in NYSC registration, WAEC date of birth or JAMB date of birth
Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by mozele(m): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2021
dplomaticVal:

Pls which date is more appropriate to be inserted in NYSC registration, WAEC date of birth or JAMB date of birth

Your preferred date of birth.
Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by Nobody: 4:57am On Nov 10, 2022
mozele:

hello pls i need your help
Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by mozele(m): 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2022
Helper1000:
hello pls i need your help
How may I be of help to you sir/ma?
Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2022
mozele:

How may I be of help to you sir/ma?
Jamb refuses to approve my date of birth approval.. but have seen someone that asked me to wait until registration that something can be done.. might still need ur advice.. because if I leave it like this I would be two years above 30. Graduating by December and my Jamb reg has been approved.
Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by Jeffy111: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2023
Please what can I do 😭😭😭

Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by alimiadedayo1: 10:37pm On Mar 24
alfredilly:

Jamb only reckon with the date of birth on your jamb result. I'm taking from experience. My case is similar to yours with the Dob on my jamb result bearing the day and birth year that is different from my WAEC. I was worried about which problem I might encounter until about to register for my NYSC. I was to fill the gap for exemption because I was above the age for camping according to the age in both certificate. To my surprise, NYSC already indicated the jamb birth date as my official Dob. I just filled the portal and got my exemption certificate days after
bro how l0ng does it take to get exemption letter
Re: Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC by alimiadedayo1: 10:40pm On Mar 24
mozele:

hello bro, The month of my date of birth on my NIN is not correct..will it not affect my nysc registration

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara / NCCF Corpers Lodge In Abuja Razed By Fire (Pictures) / How To Locate The 37 NYSC Orientation Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.