Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding (25903 Views)

I Have Seen It All: David De Gea Pens Farewell Message To Man Utd Fans / Man Utd Fans Fuming That Liverpool Have 'won The Premier League' After Man City / 'We Want Glazers Out' - Man Utd Fans Make Their Feelings Known In AZ Draw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by obembet(f): 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2020
Manchester United have no excuse for the battering they received from Tottenham, says Marcus Rashford.

Marcus Rashford said there is "no hiding" and promised Manchester United "will do better" in an emotional apology to the club's fans in the wake of the 6-1 hiding against Tottenham.

Jose Mourinho enjoyed a day to remember on his return to Old Trafford as Harry Kane and Son Heung-min scored twice in a rout that represented United's joint-worst in a home Premier League game.

Anthony Martial was controversially sent off with Spurs 2-1 up, Erik Lamela perhaps fortunate to escape punishment having seemingly swung an elbow at the forward that drew a retaliatory raising of the hand to the winger's throat.

But the dismissal was no excuse for United's abject defending throughout and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said the defeat showed "the worst you can get" from the Red Devils.

United forward Rashford took to social media to say sorry to the club's global fan base and said it was important he fronted up after a demoralising defeat.

Rashford's letter to Man Utd fans

"First and foremost I'm a United fan," Rashford wrote.

"This is my club. I'm so proud to wear this shirt but there are no excuses, it's just not good enough and to every single fan around the world that tuned in today, I'm just so sorry.

"You deserve so much better than that. I would have stayed away from social media tonight but you deserve to hear from me during the highs and the lows, there is no hiding.

"I feel horrible but I promise you we will do better.

Source: https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/status/1312833509732614145?s=19

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by SmartProf(m): 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
The oyibo fans who have invested a lot in following the club will accept the apology and show him support/love but the Naija fans whose betting tickets he & his teammates sliced will strip him naked with insults before warning him and his colleagues not to cut their tickets again.

145 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by SpecTTraP: 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hmmmmm. Liverpool players should apologize to fans as well.

6 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by obembet(f): 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
SmartProf:
The oyibo fans who have invested a lot in following the club will accept the apology and show him support//love but the Naija fans whose betting tickets he/his team mates sliced will strip him with insults before warning him and his colleagues not to cut their tickets again.

The one that should really apologize is that motherfucking slaphead Maguire ,the injuiry borne Bailly and that motherfucker Pogba.Bleep u all and yah Ed and his board I hope u fucking burn in hell.Don't buy players at the eleventh hour.. what's the point we have already lose two match so just don't bring now .. moreover that's not gonna change the fans mood

20 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by theoneJabulani(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
How the mighty have fallen, losing in such fashion to a Tottenham side that also plays without pattern and in a mediocre way is unbelievable. This team needs an overhaul at the top, Ed Woodward might be a good business man but he is no director of football. Man United should put less focus on the financial aspect of the the club and focus more on the sporting aspect. They are chasing after players whose position is already well covered while refusing to strengthen their weak spots. I don't see them going anywhere this season.

Contact me for US and UK used laptops. Free delivery available in Lagos and payment on delivery available nationwide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by vanida6: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
1-6 apologise cheesy grin

walahi yesterday was a terible day for Man united and Liverpool cheesy cheesy

HALA MADRID

5 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by theoneJabulani(m): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
vanida6:

HALA MADRID
HALA MADRID, glad to meet a female madridsta

3 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by vanida6: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
theoneJabulani:
HALA MADRID, glad to meet a female madridsta

cheers dear wink

4 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by ojaysam25(m): 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Save your apology after the UCL match against PSG...you will need it then.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by Liposure: 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
These players deserve thirty six strokes of cane for the disgrace on sunday

1 Like

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by internationalman(m): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
They because of strikers who cannot score up to 20 goals in all competition sold Lukaku who has done it countless times...

They also let go of a coach like Mourinho with so much honor in his CV to attract big players to Old Trafford for primary school leaving certificate Holder

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2020
ojaysam25:
Save your apology after the UCL match against PSG...you will need it then.
I swear, disgrace full ground for Man u

12 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
Rashford dem no go accept your apology, send me half your monthly salary for one year I go help you beg dem, dem must accept

6 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by bouncin04(m): 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
what a sunday grin
Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by Mohayemi(m): 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
Accepted
Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by Hambivert: 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
Sparogatively, when Rashford retires from football he should consider British Politics.

Boy sure knows how to talk than to play against Tottenham in October.

21 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by Ecomac1: 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hahhha.
Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by sonofthunder: 4:19pm On Oct 05, 2020
obembet:
Manchester United have no excuse for the battering they received from Tottenham, says Marcus Rashford.

Marcus Rashford said there is "no hiding" and promised Manchester United "will do better" in an emotional apology to the club's fans in the wake of the 6-1 hiding against Tottenham.

Jose Mourinho enjoyed a day to remember on his return to Old Trafford as Harry Kane and Son Heung-min scored twice in a rout that represented United's joint-worst in a home Premier League game.

Anthony Martial was controversially sent off with Spurs 2-1 up, Erik Lamela perhaps fortunate to escape punishment having seemingly swung an elbow at the forward that drew a retaliatory raising of the hand to the winger's throat.

But the dismissal was no excuse for United's abject defending throughout and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said the defeat showed "the worst you can get" from the Red Devils.

United forward Rashford took to social media to say sorry to the club's global fan base and said it was important he fronted up after a demoralising defeat.

Rashford's letter to Man Utd fans

"First and foremost I'm a United fan," Rashford wrote.

"This is my club. I'm so proud to wear this shirt but there are no excuses, it's just not good enough and to every single fan around the world that tuned in today, I'm just so sorry.

"You deserve so much better than that. I would have stayed away from social media tonight but you deserve to hear from me during the highs and the lows, there is no hiding.

"I feel horrible but I promise you we will do better.

Source: https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/status/1312833509732614145?s=19

More apologises loading

2 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by Vyzz: 4:19pm On Oct 05, 2020
cool
Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by DennisEche(m): 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2020
SORRY BRO, THE PAIN WAS MUCH. MAN CITY FOR LIFE
Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2020
oga go sit down u were flogged flat
Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by Nuel19: 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2020
obembet:

The one that should really apologize is that motherfucking slaphead Maguire ,the injuiry borne Bailly and that motherfucker Pogba.Bleep u all and yah Ed and his board I hope u fucking burn in hell.Don't buy players at the eleventh hour.. what's the point we have already lose two match so just don't bring now .. moreover that's not gonna change the fans mood

He pain am enter bone marrow

7 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by potbelly(m): 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2020
He should be ready to make a lot of apologies cos we go hear am this season...

2 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by Lucifer1419: 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
obembet:

. I Changed my Twitter password to “Manchester United defense” Twitter said is too weak. grin grin grin grin grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by Karleb(m): 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
SmartProf:
The oyibo fans who have invested a lot in following the club will accept the apology and show him support/love but the Naija fans whose betting tickets he/his team mates sliced will strip him naked with insults before warning him and his colleagues not to cut their tickets again.

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by Kenmatt(m): 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
Manchester United is a team that can not with stand red card.

Anytime, red card is given to MANU, it's finished.

Chelsea is a team that whenever red card was given, that's when the real game starts, just sit back and enjoy the display.

However, Davidi De Gea is a basket, they still have not seen it, he is just cruising his past glory. Henderson should be called up for number one within a spot, if not, MANU will receive more goals.

Harry may be expensive but he is not a stunch defender, Luke Shaw is not even supposed to be playing for MANU but they won't see it because he is an English man.

Though it was painful yesterday's evening but when ever we remember Liverpool, we take heart.

5 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by jayaim: 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
@ll whites till my casket drop. 1 love
vanida6:

cheers dear wink
Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by Nuel19: 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
vanida6:

HALA MADRID

You should concern yourself about how Barcelona female team trashed Madrid female team 4 - 0.

4 Likes

Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by SirJerrie(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
theoneJabulani:
How the mighty have fallen, losing in such fashion to a Tottenham side that also plays without pattern and in a mediocre way is unbelievable. This team needs an overhaul at the top, David Gill might be a good business man but he is no director of football. Man United should put less focus on the financial aspect of the the club and focus more on the sporting aspect. They are chasing after players whose position is already well covered while refusing to strengthen their weak spots. I don't see them going anywhere this season.

Ed Woodward not David Gill.
Re: Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding by ofiko123(m): 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nuel19:

He pain am enter bone marrow

grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gianluigi Donnarumma Reacts To Messi’s Penalty Miss / Solomon Dalung In Animal Skin Cultural Outfit (Photos) / Ugo Ehiogu Dead: Former England And Aston Villa Footballer Dies, Aged 44

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.