Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (118318 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
how long do you think this glut will last. Thinking by early August the price should pick up again
with my personal calculation, yes! you guess right but then only God knows!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
Transplanted another one today... Am not using manure for this particular one, getting dry manure this day no be moimoi .. guess I want to test my land fertility...pls am not encouraging anybody not use manure..nah condition cause am.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by abbeynism(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
When I told my colleague about male flowers..he was just laughing! So he teach me how to identify cukes on the tree that will produce female flowers when process. I will share it on my IG or channel anytime from now.

Boss, please have you share this?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:10am On Jul 03, 2021
abbeynism:

Boss, please have you share this?
not yet but vary soon on YouTube.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:11am On Jul 03, 2021
I was in market this morning... cucumber was sold 6k.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2021
Greengo seed available 1000 seed@ 12k as am texting now don't know what tomorrow price or availability will look like .
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Harper01: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Greengo seed available 1000 seed@ 12k as am texting now don't know what tomorrow price or availability will look like .
Please I'll be very grateful if you can help out with just few questions.

Are the Following fertilizers compulsory for Cucumber

Calcium Nitrate... Potassium Nitrate and Magnesium Sulphate

Or should I just stick to SSP.... NPK.. MOP and Urea alone with a mixture of Foliar Fertilizer
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
Personally I have not use any fertilizer apart from two time NPk 15:15:15 and manure, and my yield has being fair to me. Pls anybody that has experience with this fertilizer should enlighten us!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Harper01: 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Personally I have not use any fertilizer apart from two time NPk 15:15:15 and manure, and my yield has being fair to me. Pls anybody that has experience with this fertilizer should enlighten us!
What was your fertilizer schedule like Sir. Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Edwin9t: 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2021
What is the advantage of planting single drip tape per bed and not double drip tape?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Npk and Manure.... Especially Manure are the main Fertilizers.

Any other supplements na just to keep the Leaves to be looking fresh cheesy

No be Leaf we dey chop....na Fruits cheesy
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:30am On Jul 05, 2021
Edwin9t:
What is the advantage of planting single drip tape per bed and not double drip tape?
if you are not serious or have the handssss to stake ASAP, single cucumber will lock before you close and open your eyes. Two will Hinder the airflow and the makes spraying difficult e.t.c
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 7:45am On Jul 05, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
if you are not serious or have the handssss to stake ASAP, single cucumber will lock before you close and open your eyes. Two will Hinder the airflow and the makes spraying difficult e.t.c
I prefer single though

Your Farm will look neat and a good airflow like you said.

BTW it seems we've been using the wrong spacing oo... Someone from IITA and Eastwest told me 60cm is the ideal spacing... I might try that soonest but on a Pilot farm cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
I am having a serious challenge on a piece of land.
I applied velum prime to the land around late April, ever since then any cucumber I plant on that piece of land die off withing two weeks, but when I tested few tomatoes on the same piece of land, it survived.
I tested is some weeks back again and I am still experiencing same problem.
what can I do please because I intend planting cucumber their.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Benagro: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2021
Harper01:

Please I'll be very grateful if you can help out with just few questions.

Are the Following fertilizers compulsory for Cucumber

Calcium Nitrate... Potassium Nitrate and Magnesium Sulphate

Or should I just stick to SSP.... NPK.. MOP and Urea alone with a mixture of Foliar Fertilizer

For me potassium is more than compulsory if you want good yield
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Benagro: 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Npk and Manure.... Especially Manure are the main Fertilizers.

Any other supplements na just to keep the Leaves to be looking fresh cheesy

No be Leaf we dey chop....na Fruits cheesy
Potassium and calcium are not meant to keep the leaves fresh as you suggested they are what you need to help your fruit
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 4:05pm On Jul 06, 2021
Benagro:

Potassium and calcium are not meant to keep the leaves fresh as you suggested they are what you need to help your fruit
But the manure has that already

Same with the Npk
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2021
The growth is super slow! Two weeks now. I applied fertilizer yesterday hopefully I will see changes by weekend. Result of not using manure is glaring!!! All the trellis pinned down already.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
The growth is super slow! Two weeks now. I applied fertilizer yesterday hopefully I will see changes by weekend. Result of not using manure is glaring!!! All the trellis pinned down already.
Manure is the Mother of all Fertilizers

Is this the staking Rope you are using

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:03pm On Jul 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:

no sir.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2021
aquadude15:
I am having a serious challenge on a piece of land.
I applied velum prime to the land around late April, ever since then any cucumber I plant on that piece of land die off withing two weeks, but when I tested few tomatoes on the same piece of land, it survived.
I tested is some weeks back again and I am still experiencing same problem.
what can I do please because I intend planting cucumber their.
am suspecting manure in this case, though I have not use velum prime before but I believe it nematicide as well, like worm force. When I applied worm force, I planted cucumber immediately on it, and nothing happen. Why am suspecting manure in this case, if you mix manure and cocopeat together then plant cucumber it will germinate then later die.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
am suspecting manure in this case, though I have not use velum prime before but I believe it nematicide as well, like worm force. When I applied worm force, I planted cucumber immediately on it, and nothing happen. Why am suspecting manure in this case, if you mix manure and cocopeat together then plant cucumber it will germinate then later die.
thanks for your response boss.
it is not the manure because I use same manure on another piece of land and I don't experience the problem.
problem started when I applied velum prime on that land, the land just keep wasting and of is paining me
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2021
aquadude15:

thanks for your response boss.
it is not the manure because I use same manure on another piece of land and I don't experience the problem.
problem started when I applied velum prime on that land, the land just keep wasting and of is paining me
scatter the ridges and renew it...test like five stand on it.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
scatter the ridges and renew it...test like five stand on it.
alright boss
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2021
Not growing at all ..even the growth is not uniform. 18 days counting from the day I did nursery.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 8:38pm On Jul 09, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Not growing at all ..even the growth is not uniform. 18 days counting from the day I did nursery.
baba find dried manure and sprinkle around the stem.
they will pick up back

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:20am On Jul 14, 2021
Growing little by little...I put another fertilizer today.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by pamcode(m): 11:27am On Jul 15, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Nezzar I didn't know you are into agribusiness sha. What crops do you plant?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 11:35am On Jul 15, 2021
pamcode:
Nezzar I didn't know you are into agribusiness sha. What crops do you plant?
Ahhhh Boss you dey reach here too??

I do Cucumber.. Tomatoes... Cabbage... I'll start plantain Next year.. Raining season don dey end embarassed
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 11:36am On Jul 15, 2021
Has anyone here tried using Ssp and Manure together as basal before planting??

I'm planning to try it this weekend
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by pamcode(m): 11:42am On Jul 15, 2021
@farmerakinloye6 you are doing a good job on this thread sir. The thread is very educative. I would like to ask if one wants to start a cucumber farm on the size of land you planted on (3plots I think) like how much would it cost to start. Just a rough estimate.

Also from your experience is there a significant difference in production between rainy and dry season for the cucumber variety. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (72) (Reply)

10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.